- Patient-controlled epidural analgesia is the technique of choice for epidural analgesia in labourW Gogarten
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Muenster, Germany
Int J Obstet Anesth 14:328-9. 2005
- Spinal anaesthesia for obstetricsWiebke Gogarten
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, Münster D 48 149, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 17:377-92. 2003..Preliminary studies indicate that spinal anaesthesia may be safely performed in patients with severe pre-eclampsia, in whom spinal anaesthesia was previously considered contraindicated...
- [Current concepts in neuraxial anaesthesia for labour and delivery]W Gogarten
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Munster
Zentralbl Gynakol 127:361-7. 2005..It is suitable for cases of an urgent or emergent Caesarean delivery. General anaesthesia still leads to a higher maternal mortality and should be reserved for absolute emergencies and cases where neuraxial blockade is contraindicated...
- The influence of new antithrombotic drugs on regional anesthesiaWiebke Gogarten
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 19:545-50. 2006..During the last few years, several new anticoagulants have been introduced, some of them more potent than the drugs currently available. More potency, however, may also indicate a higher risk of bleeding...
- [The use of antithrombotic drugs during various surgical procedures]W Gogarten
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, 48149 Munster
Chirurg 78:119-20, 122-4. 2007..In patients on continued acetylsalicylic acid therapy, neuraxial blockade may be performed if thromboembolism prophylaxis is not administered concurrently...
- Preeclampsia and anaesthesiaWiebke Gogarten
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Street 33, Muenster D 48149, Germany
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 22:347-51. 2009..The most recent findings on preeclampsia with a focus on maternal mortality, haemodynamic changes, clotting disorders and anaesthesia are reviewed...
- A multicentre trial comparing different concentrations of ropivacaine plus sufentanil with bupivacaine plus sufentanil for patient-controlled epidural analgesia in labourW Gogarten
, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Germany
Eur J Anaesthesiol 21:38-45. 2004..CONCLUSION: Despite recent studies indicating that bupivacaine and ropivacaine may not be equipotent, both local anaesthetics provided equi-effective analgesia at equal doses without a difference in side-effects...
- Assessment of volume preload on uteroplacental blood flow during epidural anaesthesia for Caesarean sectionW Gogarten
, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, , Germany
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:359-62. 2005..The effectiveness of volume preloading may therefore be better described by changes in maximum uterine blood flow velocity than by pulsatility indices or maternal arterial pressure...
- The excor device - revival of an old system with excellent resultsC Schmid
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 54:393-9. 2006....
- Simultaneous in utero assessment of AV nodal and ventricular electrophysiologic parameters in the fetal sheep heartP Kirchhof
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Innere Medizin C, Kardiologie und Angiologie, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 96:251-7. 2001..Since overdrive pacing may help to establish the mechanism of an arrhythmia and may be used to treat fetal tachycardias, different modes of transesophageal pacing in utero were also assessed...
- Effects of cafedrine/theodrenaline, etilefrine and ephedrine on uterine blood flow during epidural-induced hypotension in pregnant sheepD Strumper
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Fetal Diagn Ther 20:377-82. 2005..Therefore, we evaluated the maternal and fetal hemodynamic effects of two potential alternatives to ephedrine...
- The effects of S+-ketamine and racemic ketamine on uterine blood flow in chronically instrumented pregnant sheepDanja Strumper
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Munster, Muenster, Germany
Anesth Analg 98:497-502, table of contents. 2004..A decreased effect of S(+)-ketamine, as compared with the racemic mixture, on maternal and fetal PCO(2) levels was noted...
- Fetal plasma concentrations after intraamniotic sufentanil in chronically instrumented pregnant sheepDanja Strumper
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Munster, Germany
Anesthesiology 98:1400-6; discussion 5A-6A. 2003..Intraamniotically administered sufentanil may be an interesting option if it achieves therapeutic plasma concentrations (PCs) in the fetus but not the mother...
- [Prevention and treatment of hypotension during Caesarean delivery]Ines Erler
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Universitätsklinikums Münster, Germany
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 42:208-13. 2007....
- S3 guidelines for intensive care in cardiac surgery patients: hemodynamic monitoring and cardiocirculary systemM Carl
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Charité Campus Mitte and Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Ger Med Sci 8:Doc12. 2010..The presented key messages of the guidelines were approved after two consensus meetings under the moderation of the Association of the Scientific Medical Societies in Germany (AWMF)...
- Patients and complication with off-pump vs. on-pump cardiac surgery - a single surgeon experienceAndreas Rukosujew
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:768-71. 2007..The aim of this study is to compare the intra- and postoperative results of OPCAB complete arterial myocardial revascularization with standard on-pump CABG under respect of comorbidities...
- Cost containment in obstetric analgesiaWiebke Gogarten
Can J Anaesth 49:107-8. 2002
- Comparison of intrathecal bupivacaine and levobupivacaine combined with opioids for Caesarean sectionDorothee H Bremerich
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, St Vincenz Hospital Limburg, Limburg, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 23:3047-54. 2007..A visual analogue scale was used postoperatively to measure duration of analgesia at 15-min intervals...
- Postoperative analgesia after knee surgery: a comparison of three different concentrations of ropivacaine for continuous femoral nerve blockadeGerhard Brodner
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, Fachklinik Hornheide, Munster, Germany
Anesth Analg 105:256-62. 2007..Secondary aims were to evaluate side effects such as motor blockade, rehabilitation indices, and ropivacaine plasma concentrations...
- [Regional anesthesia for postoperative pain control]Gerhard Brodner
Fachklinik Hornheide, Munster, Germany
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 42:32-41. 2007..Epidural analgesia may reduce the risk of postoperative complications (i.e. myocardial infarction) by reducing the surgical stress response and inhibiting the pathophysiological cascade that may trigger undesirable sequelea...
- Amniotic air insufflation during minimally invasive fetoscopic fetal cardiac interventions is safe for the fetal brain in sheepThomas Kohl
Division of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, University Hospital of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 128:467-71. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assess any histologically discernible effects from this approach on the fetal brain after short-term studies and long-term survival in sheep...
- Epidural anaesthesia and analgesia in mayor surgeryHugo Van Aken
Lancet 360:568; author reply 569. 2002
- Pediatric assist with the Medos and Excor systems in small childrenChristof Schmid
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, , , Germany
ASAIO J 52:505-8. 2006..5%). Our late results have been quite encouraging, as they readily prove that pediatric long-term mechanical support is possible with a high quality of life and an acceptable low complication rate...
- Percutaneous fetoscopic patch coverage of spina bifida aperta in the human--early clinical experience and potentialThomas Kohl
Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, German Center for Fetal Surgery and Minimally Invasive Therapy, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:185-93. 2006..Further clinical experience is now required before the efficacy of the new approach to protect the exposed neural tissue from mechanical and chemical damage and to improve hindbrain herniation can be evaluated...
- The quality of epidural anesthesia is crucial in the assessment of perioperative outcomeWiebke Gogarten
Anesth Analg 97:298; author reply 298-9. 2003
- The use of concomitant antiplatelet drugs during neuraxial anethesia is contraindicated in GermanyWiebke Gogarten
Reg Anesth Pain Med 28:585-6; author reply 586. 2003
- Intra-amniotic multimodal fetal echocardiography in sheep: a novel imaging approach during fetoscopic interventions and for assessment of high-risk pregnancies in which conventional imaging methods failThomas Kohl
Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 28:731-6. 2002....