- High-resolution HLA typing by sequencing for HLA-A, -B, -C, -DR, -DQ in 122 unrelated cord blood/patient pair transplants hardly improves long-term clinical outcomeG Kogler
José Carreras EUROCORD NETCORD Bank Germany at the Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, University of Duesseldorf Medical School, Dusseldorf, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:1033-41. 2005..01). No significant correlation was found between numbers of HLA-MM on the HR level with 2-year survival. The analysis shows that the degree of mismatching in UCBT is even higher than expected...
- Effect of tresperimus on ex vivo expansion of CD34+CD38(-)-enriched cord blood cellsS el Marsafy
Laboratoire de Recherche sur la Biologie de la Moelle Osseuse, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, EA 1814 Paris VII, Hopital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris, France
Haematologia (Budap) 32:327-36. 2002....
- Comparison of outcomes of unrelated bone marrow and umbilical cord blood transplants in children with acute leukemiaV Rocha
Eurocord-Cord Blood Transplant Group (CBTG) and Biostatistics Department, Saint Louis Hospital AP-HP, University of Paris 7, France
Blood 97:2962-71. 2001..39; 95CI: 0.97-1.99; P <.07). In conclusion, the use of UCBT, as a source of hematopoietic stem cells, is a reasonable option for children with AL lacking an acceptably matched unrelated marrow donor...
- Bone marrow transplants from mismatched related and unrelated donors for severe aplastic anemiaJ R Passweg
Department Innere Medizin, Kantonsspital, Basel, Switzerland
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:641-9. 2006..Therefore, early referral for transplantation should be encouraged for patients who fail immunosuppressive therapy and have a suitable alternative donor...
- History of the clinical use of umbilical cord blood hematopoietic cellsE Gluckman
Department of Hematology, Bone Marrow Transplant and Eurocord Netcord Registry, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Cytotherapy 7:219-27. 2005..able to overcome the HLA barrier and authorize HLA-mismatched transplants? Is it possible to establish CB banks for unrelated and related transplants? What would be the criteria for collection, quality control and cryopreservation?..
- HLA-G mRNA forms in human trophoblasts and peripheral blood lymphocytes: potential use in prenatal diagnosisP Moreau
CEA DSV DPTE, Laboratoire d Immunoradiobiologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Centre Hayem, Paris, France
Folia Biol (Praha) 40:431-8. 1994....
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for poor graft function after allogeneic stem cell transplantation: 3 days of G-CSF identifies long-term respondersH Bittencourt
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:431-5. 2005..02) and GVHD (P = 0.005) were associated with higher risk of death. In conclusion, hematological response after 3 days with G-CSF predicted a better survival for patients with PGF after allo-SCT...
- A 10-year median follow-up study after allogeneic stem cell transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase from HLA-identical sibling donorsM Robin
Service d hématologie greffe de moelle, Hopital Saint Louis, APHP, Paris, Cedex, France
Leukemia 19:1613-20. 2005..We conclude that allogeneic transplantation with a related donor can cure more than half of CML patients in chronic phase, although physicians should be alert to long-term complications...
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus in allogeneic bone marrow transplant recipientsR Peffault de Latour
Service d hématologie greffe de moelle osseuse, et Université Paris VII, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris Cedex, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:709-13. 2005..This study thus highlights the efficacy of combined therapy and emphasizes the fact that the undue safety concerns are not a problem when treating this particular population...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for Shwachman-Diamond syndrome: experience of the French neutropenia registryJ Donadieu
Service d hématologie et oncologie pédiatrique, Hopital Trousseau, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:787-92. 2005..The overall 5-year event-free survival rate is 60+/-15%. We conclude that HSCT is feasible for patients with SDS who develop bone marrow failure or malignant transformation...
- Phenotypical and functional characteristics of in vitro expanded bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells from patients with systemic sclerosisJ Larghero
Cell Therapy Unit, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 67:443-9. 2008..Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) have a potential immunomodulatory role in autoimmune disease; however, the qualitative properties and haematopoietic support capacity of MSCs derived from patients with autoimmune disease is unclear...
- Long-term follow-up results after autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for severe systemic sclerosisM C Vonk
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 67:98-104. 2008..This study reports the effects on survival, skin and major organ function of HSCT in patients with severe diffuse cutaneous SSc...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in childhood inherited bone marrow failure syndromeE Gluckman
Hematology Department, Eurocord Hôpital, Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:127-32. 2008..In this review, we will report recent results of treatment of Fanconi anemia and other hereditary BMF syndromes...
- EBV transformation of cells from cord blood donations: relevance to future retrospective studies on cord blood transplantsX N Wang
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:619-21. 2005
- Chronic diarrhoea after allogenic bone marrow transplantationB Radu
Service de Gastroenterologie, Hopital Saint Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, F75010, Paris, France
Gut 54:161, 174. 2005
- BY55 monoclonal antibody delineates within human cord blood and bone marrow lymphocytes distinct cell subsets mediating cytotoxic activityA Bensussan
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 93, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:9136-40. 1994..Furthermore, we detected in cord blood no cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity but we demonstrated that the CD3-BY55+ cell subset contained the whole natural killer activity...
- An alternatively spliced form of HLA-G mRNA in human trophoblasts and evidence for the presence of HLA-G transcript in adult lymphocytesM Kirszenbaum
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Hôpital Saint Louis Centre Hayem, Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:4209-13. 1994..These results are discussed in the context of the fetal-maternal relationship presented by HLA-G gene products...
- Influence of CD34(+) marrow cell dose on outcome of HLA-identical sibling allogeneic bone marrow transplants in patients with chronic myeloid leukaemiaR Morariu-Zamfir
Laboratory of Cellular Therapy, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:575-80. 2001..5 (95% CI: 1.09-5.75), P = 0.03) and a lower number of marrow CD34(+) cells infused/kg (HR: 4.55 (95% CI: 1.87-10.90), P = 0.0008)...
- Phase I/II trial of autologous stem cell transplantation in systemic sclerosis: procedure related mortality and impact on skin diseaseM Binks
Royal Free Hospital, London
Ann Rheum Dis 60:577-84. 2001..If future trials incorporate inclusion and exclusion criteria based on this preliminary experience, the predicted procedure related mortality should be around 10%...
- Both genetic and clinical factors predict the development of graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationG Socie
Service d hématologie greffe de moelle, Unité Propre d Enseignement Supérieur UPRES EA 2378 Université Paris VII, France
Transplantation 72:699-706. 2001..It is not known, however, whether these factors are independent of other clinically recognized risk factors such as age and disease stage...
- Prolonged immune deficiency following allogeneic stem cell transplantation: risk factors and complications in adult patientsS Maury
Department of Haematology-Bone Marrow Transplant, , Paris, France
Br J Haematol 115:630-41. 2001....
- DPB1 disparities contribute to severe GVHD and reduced patient survival after unrelated donor bone marrow transplantationP Loiseau
Service d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, Hôpital Saint Louis AP, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:497-502. 2002..Our data indicate that the outcome of unrelated hematopoietic cell transplantation in terms of GVHD but also survival, could be improved through HLA-DPB1 matching or at least by avoiding two DPB1 mismatches...
- Transplantation of peripheral blood stem cells as compared with bone marrow from HLA-identical siblings in adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia and acute lymphoblastic leukemiaO Ringden
Centre for Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation, Huddinge, Sweden
J Clin Oncol 20:4655-64. 2002..However, the data are inconsistent with regard to acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), relapse, transplant-related mortality (TRM), and leukemia-free survival (LFS)...
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for acute myeloblastic leukaemia in remission: risk factors for long-term morbidity and mortalityM Robin
Haematology Department, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:877-87. 2003..The analysis strongly suggests that the combination of pretransplant factors such as chemotherapy and conditioning, and posttransplant factors such as chronic GvHD had a major impact on late nonrelapse morbidity and mortality...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in severe congenital neutropenia: experience of the French SCN registerC Ferry
Service de Transplantation médullaire, Hopital St Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:45-50. 2005....
- Indications and results of cord blood transplant in children with leukemiaE Gluckman
Eurocord Hematology Department, APHP University Paris VII, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:S80-2. 2008..In conclusion, UCB is a valuable alternative source of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children with acute leukemia who need an allogeneic transplant, but lack a suitable sibling donor...