- Affinity, potency and efficacy of tramadol and its metabolites at the cloned human mu-opioid receptor
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Grunenthal GmbH, Aachen, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 362:116-21. 2000
..These data indicate that the metabolite (+)-M1 is responsible for the mu-opioid-derived analgesic effect...
- Identification and characterization of a Ca2+ -sensitive interaction of the vanilloid receptor TRPV1 with tubulin
Freie Universitat Berlin, Institute für Chemie Biochemie, Berlin, Germany
J Neurochem 91:1092-103. 2004
..The Ca2+ -sensitivity of this interaction suggests that the microtubule cytoskeleton at the cell membrane may be a downstream effector of TRPV1 activation...
- Characterization of the mouse cold-menthol receptor TRPM8 and vanilloid receptor type-1 VR1 using a fluorometric imaging plate reader (FLIPR) assay
H J Behrendt
Grunenthal GmbH, Molecular Pharmacology, Aachen 52099, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 141:737-45. 2004
..6. In conclusion, in the present study, we identified 10 new agonists and three antagonists of TRPM8. We found that, in contrast to VR1, TRPM8 is inhibited rather than potentiated by protons...
- Biochemical characterization of the vanilloid receptor 1 expressed in a dorsal root ganglia derived cell line
Arbeitsgruppe Neurochemie and Arbeitsgruppe Molekulare Medizin, Institut für Chemie Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:5489-96. 2001
..In the light of conflicting literature data on biochemical characteristics of VR1, our data suggest that dorsal root ganglion-derived F-11 cells provide a powerful experimental system for the study of VR1 biochemistry...
- Muscarinic toxin-like proteins from cobra venom
V V Kukhtina
Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Eur J Biochem 267:6784-9. 2000
..MTLP-1 showed no inhibitory effect on alpha-cobratoxin binding to the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor from Torpedo californica at concentrations up to 20 microM...
- Cellular localization of the disintegrin CRII-7/rMDC15 mRNA in rat PNS and CNS and regulated expression in postnatal development and after nerve injury
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Glia 32:313-27. 2000
..In situ hybridization on paraffin sections showed the cellular localization of CRII-7/rMDC15 mRNA in Schwann cells and endothelial cells of peripheral nerve and in various neuronal populations in brain and spinal cord...
- A new class of Spiegelmers containing 2'-fluoro-nucleotides
NOXXON Pharma AG, Berlin, Germany
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 22:1035-8. 2003
..Synthesis of 2'-fluoro-nucleosides from L-arabinose in order to perform the synthesis of 2'-fluoro-Spiegelmers binding to a neuropeptide...
- A second alternative transcript of the gap junction gene connexin32 is expressed in murine Schwann cells and modulated in injured sciatic nerve
Abt Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 69:267-75. 1996
..submitted for publication, 1995). Thus, the murine Cx32 gene is likely to be regulated by three alternative promoters that appear to be activated in a cell type-specific manner...
- Proton conductance of human transient receptor potential-vanilloid type-1 expressed in oocytes of Xenopus laevis and in Chinese hamster ovary cells
S D Vulcu
Department of Pharmacology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Obere Zahlbacherstrasse 67, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Neuroscience 125:861-6. 2004
..We conclude that TRPV1 conducts protons, in addition to Na(+), K(+), Mg(2+), and Ca(2+). The proton conductance may help to initiate action potentials and to translocate H(+) dependent on TRPV1 activation and membrane potential...
- Full-lenth cloning, expression and cellular localization of rat plasmolipin mRNA, a proteolipid of PNS and CNS
Department of Neurology, University of Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40558 Düsseldorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 8:405-14. 1996
..Our data indicate a function of plasmolipin during myelination in the central as well as in the peripheral nervous system...