Affiliation: German Research Centre for Biotechnology
- Codon optimized Thermobifida fusca hydrolase secreted by Bacillus megateriumYang Yang
Biochemical Engineering, Technical University Braunschweig, GBF TU BCE, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 96:780-94. 2007..TFH recovery by Ni-chelate affinity chromatography resulted in higher purification factors when LB medium was used. These results indicated that secreted TFH is favorably produced by batch cultures of B. megaterium WH323 in LB medium...
- Plasmid system for the intracellular production and purification of affinity-tagged proteins in Bacillus megateriumRebekka Biedendieck
Institute of Microbiology, Technical University Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 96:525-37. 2007..Up to 274 mg/L culture were produced at 52 g CDW/L using a glucose limited fedbatch cultivation. GFP production and viability of the production host were followed by flow cytometry...
- Heparan sulfate regulates targeting of syndecan-1 to a functional domain on the cell surfaceYang Yang
Department of Pathology, Arkansas Cancer Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Biol Chem 278:12888-93. 2003..These findings suggest functional specificity for syndecan-1 within uropods and, in addition, reveal a novel mechanism for the targeting of molecules to discrete membrane subcellular domains via heparan sulfate...
- Heparanase promotes the spontaneous metastasis of myeloma cells to boneYang Yang
Department of Pathology, Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, Center for Orthopaedic Research, Arkansas Cancer Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Blood 105:1303-9. 2005..These studies describe a novel experimental animal model for examining the spontaneous metastasis of bone-homing tumors and indicate that heparanase is a critical determinant of myeloma dissemination and growth in vivo...
- Expression and comparative analysis of genes encoding outer membrane proteins LipL21, LipL32 and OmpL1 in epidemic leptospiresXiang-Yan Zhang
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200025, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 37:649-56. 2005..interrogans strain Lai and other pathogenic leptospires. These results may contribute to the identification of candidates for broad-range vaccines and immunodiagnostic antigens in further research...
- Genome-wide transcriptional analysis of temperature shift in L. interrogans serovar lai strain 56601Jin Hong Qin
School of Life Science Chemical Engineering, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, PR China
BMC Microbiol 6:51. 2006....
- Thermal stabilities of brain spectrin and the constituent repeats of subunitsXiuli An
Red Cell Physiology Laboratory, New York Blood Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Biochemistry 45:13670-6. 2006..The greater structural stability of the repeats in alphaII- and betaII-spectrin may account, at least in part, for the higher rigidity of brain compared to erythrocyte spectrin...
- Alpha-tocopherol is essential for acquired chill-light tolerance in the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803Yang Yang
State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, Hubei 430072, People s Republic of China
J Bacteriol 190:1554-60. 2008..strain PCC 6803. The role of alpha-tocopherol in ACLT may be based largely on a nonantioxidant activity that is not possessed by other tocopherols or pathway intermediates...
- Identification of a novel prophage-like gene cluster actively expressed in both virulent and avirulent strains of Leptospira interrogans serovar LaiJin Hong Qin
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Institutes of Medical Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
Infect Immun 76:2411-9. 2008....