Affiliation: German Research Centre for Biotechnology
- IdentiCS--identification of coding sequence and in silico reconstruction of the metabolic network directly from unannotated low-coverage bacterial genome sequenceJibin Sun
Department of Genome Analysis, GBF German Research Center for Biotechnology, Mascheroder Weg 1, Braunschweig, 38124, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 5:112. 2004..The annotation process takes time. The available methods often encounter difficulties when dealing with unfinished error-containing genomic sequence...
- Metabolic peculiarities of Aspergillus niger disclosed by comparative metabolic genomicsJibin Sun
Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstr, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Genome Biol 8:R182. 2007..Despite its extensive industrial applications, the genetic inventory of this fungus is only partially understood. The recently released genome sequence opens a new horizon for both scientific studies and biotechnological applications...
- A protein database constructed from low-coverage genomic sequence of Bacillus megaterium and its use for accelerated proteomic analysisJibin Sun
Group Systems Biology, GBF German Research Center for Biotechnology, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
J Biotechnol 124:486-95. 2006....
- Is autoinducer-2 a universal signal for interspecies communication: a comparative genomic and phylogenetic analysis of the synthesis and signal transduction pathwaysJibin Sun
Department of Genome Analysis, GBF German Research Center for Biotechnology, Braunschweig, Germany
BMC Evol Biol 4:36. 2004..Recently, it has been proposed that autoinducer-2 (AI-2), a furanosyl borate diester derived from the recycling of S-adenosyl-homocysteine (SAH) to homocysteine, serves as a universal signal for interspecies communication...
- Proteomic characterization of transient expression and secretion of a stress-related metalloprotease in high cell density culture of Bacillus megateriumWei Wang
TU BCE, GBF German Research Center for Biotechnology, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
J Biotechnol 126:313-24. 2006..The result raises questions concerning the intrinsic function(s) of Bmg1465 in B. megaterium, which has the GRAS status, with respect to its stress response in high cell density culture...
- Combined use of proteomic analysis and enzyme activity assays for metabolic pathway analysis of glycerol fermentation by Klebsiella pneumoniaeWei Wang
TU BCE, German Research Centre for Biotechnology, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 83:525-36. 2003..In particular, we demonstrated the combined use of proteomic analysis and enzyme activity assay data for metabolic pathway analysis and for a better identification of targets for bioprocess improvement...
- Genomic peculiarity of coding sequences and metabolic potential of probiotic Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 inferred from raw genome dataJibin Sun
GBF German Research Centre for Biotechnology, Experimental Bioinformatics, Mascheroder Weg 1, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
J Biotechnol 117:147-61. 2005..coli strain Nissle 1917 and is helpful for designing further functional studies long before the sequencing project is completely finished...
- Discovery and investigation of a new, second triose phosphate isomerase in Klebsiella pneumoniaePing Zheng
GBF German Research Center for Biotechnology, Research Group Systems Biology, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
J Biotechnol 125:462-73. 2006..For the first time, the co-existence of two tpi genes in an enteric bacterium is experimentally confirmed...
- The intra- and extracellular proteome of Aspergillus niger growing on defined medium with xylose or maltose as carbon substrateXin Lu
Helmholtz Center for Infection Research, Inhoffenstr, Braunschweig, Germany
Microb Cell Fact 9:23. 2010..13 growing on defined medium with xylose or maltose as carbon substrate was carried out using 2-D gel electrophoresis/Maldi-ToF and nano-HPLC MS/MS...
- Comparative genomic analysis of dha regulon and related genes for anaerobic glycerol metabolism in bacteriaJibin Sun
GBF German Research Center for Biotechnology, Mascheroder Weg 1, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Biotechnol Prog 19:263-72. 2003..pneumoniae in addition to the known ATP-dependent dha kinase. This finding gives new insights into the regulation of glycerol metabolism in K. pneumoniae and explains some hitherto not well understood experimental observations...
- Genome sequencing and analysis of the versatile cell factory Aspergillus niger CBS 513.88Herman J Pel
DSM Food Specialties, PO Box 1, 2600 MA Delft, The Netherlands
Nat Biotechnol 25:221-31. 2007..niger. Noteworthy is the large number of major facilitator superfamily transporters and fungal zinc binuclear cluster transcription factors, and the presence of putative gene clusters for fumonisin and ochratoxin A synthesis...