Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: German Cancer Research Center
- Natural antibodies, intravenous immunoglobulin and their role in autoimmunity, cancer and inflammationR Schwartz-Albiez
German Cancer Research Center, D015, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 158:43-50. 2009..By recognizing these epitopes, natural antibodies neutralize proinflammatory responses and mediate atheroprotection...
- Cell surface sialylation and ecto-sialyltransferase activity of human CD34 progenitors from peripheral blood and bone marrowReinhard Schwartz-Albiez
German Cancer Research Center, Tumor Immunology Program, Heidelberg, Germany
Glycoconj J 21:451-9. 2004..The ecto-sialyltransferase may serve to maintain or increase surface sialylation rapidly without de novo synthesis...
- Perspectives for establishment and reorganization of carbohydrate-directed CD antibodies. Report of the carbohydrate sectionReinhard Schwartz-Albiez
German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Immunol 236:48-50. 2005....
- Regioselectively modified sulfated cellulose as prospective drug for treatment of malaria tropicaReinhard Schwartz-Albiez
German Cancer Research Center, Tumor Immunology, D010, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Glycoconj J 24:57-65. 2007..The significance of CS10 interactions with the complement system as well as its anti-malarial effect for prospective drug application are discussed...
- Cytotoxic natural antibodies against human tumours: an option for anti-cancer immunotherapy?Reinhard Schwartz-Albiez
German Cancer Research Center, Tumor Immunology Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
Autoimmun Rev 7:491-5. 2008..Further studies are needed to elucidate molecular mechanisms leading to either tumour destruction induced by natural antibodies or to overcome the protective strategies of the tumour against antibody attack...
- Naturally occurring antibodies directed against carbohydrate tumor antigensReinhard Schwartz-Albiez
Department of Translational Immunology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 750:27-43. 2012..The cytotoxic capacity of these antibodies inspired several research groups and pharmaceutical companies to design novel strategies of immunoglobulin-based anti-tumor immunotherapy...
- Differentially regulated expression of 9-O-acetyl GD3 (CD60b) and 7-O-acetyl-GD3 (CD60c) during differentiation and maturation of human T and B lymphocytesDirk Wipfler
German Cancer Research Center, D015 Translational Immunology, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Glycobiology 21:1161-72. 2011..Our data point to regulatory functions of these anabolic and catabolic key enzymes for the expression of GD3 and its O-acetylated variants in lymphocytes at a given differentiation stage...
- Effect of cytokine treatment on the in vitro expression of the P. falciparum adhesion receptor chondroitin-4-sulphate on the surface of human choriocarcinoma (BeWo) cellsYvonne Adams
Hygiene Institut, Abteilung Parasitologie, Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 324, Heidelberg, 69120, Germany
Parasitol Res 101:479-83. 2007..These data demonstrate that in vitro cultured BeWo cells mimic the P. falciparum adhesion receptor expression profile of ex vivo placental cytotrophoblast cells...
- Expression of CD175 (Tn), CD175s (sialosyl-Tn) and CD176 (Thomsen-Friedenreich antigen) on malignant human hematopoietic cellsYi Cao
Division of Cellular Immunology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 123:89-99. 2008....
- Differential surface expression and possible function of 9-O- and 7-O-acetylated GD3 (CD60 b and c) during activation and apoptosis of human tonsillar B and T lymphocytesMichael Erdmann
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, D 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Glycoconj J 23:627-38. 2006..Together, surface-expressed CD60 b and c are differently expressed on tonsillar B and T cells and may be involved in the regulation of activation and apoptosis of lymphocytes in secondary lymphatic tissue...
- GlycoCD: a repository for carbohydrate-related CD antigensSonu Kumar
D015, Translational Immunology, German Cancer Research Center, INF 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Bioinformatics 28:2553-5. 2012..It allows easy access through a user-friendly web interface to all carbohydrate-defined CDs and those that interact with carbohydrates along with other relevant information...
- The glycome of normal and malignant plasma cellsThomas M Moehler
Medizinische Klinik V, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Translationale Immunologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e83719. 2013..The prognostically relevant glycome deviation in malignant cells invites novel strategies of therapy for multiple myeloma...
- Involvement of alpha 1-2-fucosyltransferase I (FUT1) and surface-expressed Lewis(y) (CD174) in first endothelial cell-cell contacts during angiogenesisThomas M Moehler
Department of Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Physiol 215:27-36. 2008..Together, our observations point to a tumor induced transcription of endothelial FUT1 and consequently an enhanced expression of CD174 which is involved in migration and early cell-cell contacts during tumor associated angiogenesis...
- An easily accessible sulfated saccharide mimetic inhibits in vitro human tumor cell adhesion and angiogenesis of vascular endothelial cellsGrazia Marano
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany Calvatis GmbH, Dr Albert Reimann Str 16a, 68526 Ladenburg, Germany
Beilstein J Org Chem 8:787-803. 2012....
- Modulation of the CD95-induced apoptosis: the role of CD95 N-glycosylationOlga M Shatnyeva
Division of Immunogenetics, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e19927. 2011..These findings are important for the better understanding of CD95 apoptosis regulation and reveal differences between apoptotic signaling pathways of the TRAIL and CD95 systems...
- Understanding the specificity of human Galectin-8C domain interactions with its glycan ligands based on molecular dynamics simulationsSonu Kumar
D015, Translational Immunology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e59761. 2013..Our results derived from molecular dynamics simulations are able to explain the glycan binding specificities of the Gal-8C-CRD in comparison to those of the Gal-8N -CRD...
- Expression of Mucin-1 in multiple myeloma and its precursors: correlation with glycosylation and subcellular localizationMindaugas Andrulis
Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Histopathology 64:799-806. 2014..We aimed at performing a comprehensive expression analysis of the MUC1 subunits in plasma cell dyscrasias...
- Differential expression of beta-galactoside alpha2,6 sialyltransferase and sialoglycans in normal and cirrhotic liver and hepatocellular carcinomaYi Cao
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Lab Invest 82:1515-24. 2002..Our results describe the expression patterns of ST6Gal I and sialoglycans in various liver tissues and demonstrate an altered expression of these structures between benign and malignant hepatocellular lesions...
- Synergism between Hedgehog-GLI and EGFR signaling in Hedgehog-responsive human medulloblastoma cells induces downregulation of canonical Hedgehog-target genes and stabilized expression of GLI1Frank Götschel
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e65403. 2013..This suggests that there are more wide-spread, yet context-dependent interactions, between HH/GLI and growth factor receptor signaling in human malignancies...