Affiliation: German Research Centre for Biotechnology
- CD8(+) T cells armed with retrovirally transduced IFN-gammaChristian Becker
Molecular Immunology, HZI, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstr 7, 38124, Braunschweig, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:63-73. 2007..Thus, T cells can be readily armed with IFN-gamma without risking immunopathology by dysregulated production of this highly potent proinflammatory cytokine...
- Essential role of CCL2 in clustering of splenic ERTR-9+ macrophages during infection of BALB/c mice by Listeria monocytogenesJadwiga Jablonska
Molecular Immunology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstrasse 7, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Infect Immun 75:462-70. 2007..Interestingly, ERTR-9+ macrophages no longer were part of clusters in such mice but remained at their original location in the marginal zone...
- Neutrophils responsive to endogenous IFN-beta regulate tumor angiogenesis and growth in a mouse tumor modelJadwiga Jablonska
Molecular Immunology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
J Clin Invest 120:1151-64. 2010..Further, we believe our data help to explain the therapeutic effect of IFN treatment during the early stages of cancer development...
- Production of IFN-β during Listeria monocytogenes infection is restricted to monocyte/macrophage lineageEvgenia Solodova
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Brunswick, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e18543. 2011..Neutrophilic granulocytes, dendritic cells and plasmacytoid dendritic cells did not significantly contribute to type I IFN production...
- Six-color segmentation of multicolor images in the infection studies of Listeria monocytogenesBin Ma
Gene Regulation and Differentiation, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
Microsc Res Tech 70:171-8. 2007..This approach can also be applied for image analysis in the multicolor in vivo imaging, multicolor FISH or karyotyping or other studies requiring multicolor analysis...
- Immunohistochemical study of the reticular and vascular network of mouse lymph node using vibratome sectionsBin Ma
Gene Regulation and Differentiation, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Inhoffenstrasse 7, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Acta Histochem 109:15-28. 2007....
- Containment of tumor-colonizing bacteria by host neutrophilsKathrin Westphal
Molecular Immunology, Helmholtz Center for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
Cancer Res 68:2952-60. 2008..Thus, bacteria-mediated tumor therapy can be amplified by depletion of host neutrophils...
- Tumor invasion of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium is accompanied by strong hemorrhage promoted by TNF-alphaSara Leschner
Molecular Immunology, HZI Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS ONE 4:e6692. 2009..How they efficiently find and invade the tumors is still unclear. However, this is an important issue to be clarified when bacteria should be tailored for application in cancer therapy...
- IFN-γ production by CD27⁺ NK cells exacerbates Listeria monocytogenes infection in mice by inhibiting granulocyte mobilizationNuno Viegas
Molecular Immunology, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, HZI, Braunschweig, Germany
Eur J Immunol 43:2626-37. 2013..monocytogenes. Our findings contribute to a better understanding of the importance of CD27 signaling in activation of NK cells and should provide new ways of interfering with infections. ..