Affiliation: German Cancer Research Center
- Risk of thyroid cancer in first-degree relatives of patients with non-medullary thyroid cancer by histology type and age at diagnosis: a joint study from five Nordic countriesMahdi Fallah
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, Heidelberg 69120, Germany
J Med Genet 50:373-82. 2013....
- Prostate cancer risk assessment model: a scoring model based on the Swedish Family-Cancer DatabaseHassan Roudgari
Medical Genetics Group, School of Medicine and Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
J Med Genet 49:345-52. 2012..Many prostate cancer (PC) risk assessment models have been developed, however almost none include familial history...
- Nonendocrine cancers associated with benign and malignant parathyroid tumorsMahdi Fallah
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1108-14. 2011..There are limited reliable epidemiological data concerning whether individuals with benign/malignant parathyroid tumor are at an elevated risk of developing nonendocrine malignancies or vice versa...
- Miscarriage and risk of cardiovascular diseaseElham Kharazmi
Tampere School of Public Health, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:284-8. 2010..4, 95% CI: 1.1-1.8). These results suggest that women who experience repeated miscarriages may be at an increased risk of cardiovascular disease later in life...
- Risk of thyroid cancer in relatives of patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma by age at diagnosisMahdi Fallah
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany Center for Primary Health Care Research, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:717-24. 2013..In settings where genetic testing is not available or affordable for all, evidence-based cumulative risks reported in this nationwide study may help physicians to identify very high-risk individuals. ..
- Age- and time-dependent changes in cancer incidence among immigrants to Sweden: colorectal, lung, breast and prostate cancersSeyed Mohsen Mousavi
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 131:E122-8. 2012..Our study points out a role of age at immigration on the risk trend of cancer...
- Diagnostic values of GHSR DNA methylation pattern in breast cancerSandeep Kumar Botla
Division of Functional Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 135:705-13. 2012..Our data suggest a link between epigenetic down-regulation of GHSR and breast cancer cell invasion...