Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: German Cancer Research Center
- An anthropoid-specific segmental duplication on human chromosome 1q22Vladimir Yu Kuryshev
Department of Molecular Genome Analysis, DKFZ German Cancer Research Center, INF 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Genomics 88:143-51. 2006..Moreover, we provide detailed information regarding structure and evolution of the SD1q22 region that is a prerequisite for future studies of its anthropoid-specific functions and possible linkage to human genetic disorders...
- Identification and characterization of a set of conserved and new regulators of cytoskeletal organization, cell morphology and migrationSiau Wei Baï
Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, King s College London, New Hunt s House, Guy s Campus, London SE11UL, UK
BMC Biol 9:54. 2011..Cell migration is essential during development and in human disease progression including cancer. Most cell migration studies concentrate on known or predicted components of migration pathways...
- The full-ORF clone resource of the German cDNA ConsortiumStephanie Bechtel
Department of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Genomics 8:399. 2007..In combination with a unique and versatile cloning system, these will provide the tools for genome-wide systematic functional analyses, to achieve a deeper insight into complex biological processes...
- Time-resolved human kinome RNAi screen identifies a network regulating mitotic-events as early regulators of cell proliferationJitao David Zhang
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e22176. 2011..Our work establishes RTCA technology as a novel robust tool with biological and pharmacological relevance amenable for high-throughput screening...
- Large-scale protein expression for proteome researchUlrike Korf
Molecular Genome Analysis, DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Proteomics 5:3571-80. 2005..Affinity-purified fusion proteins were confirmed by MALDI-TOF MS...
- High-throughput flow cytometry-based assay to identify apoptosis-inducing proteinsMamatha Sauermann
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Centre, Heidelberg, Germany
J Biomol Screen 12:510-20. 2007..The candidate proteins were all verified in an independent microscopy-based nuclear fragmentation assay, finally resulting in the identification of 6 apoptosis inducers...
- The German cDNA network: cDNAs, functional genomics and proteomicsStefan Wiemann
Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Struct Funct Genomics 4:87-96. 2003....
- The LIFEdb database in 2006Alexander Mehrle
Division Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 34:D415-8. 2006..LIFEdb enables researchers to systematically select and characterize genes and proteins of interest, and presents data and information via its user-friendly web-based interface...
- From ORFeome to biology: a functional genomics pipelineStefan Wiemann
Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Genome Res 14:2136-44. 2004..All information is presented in a Web database (http://www.dkfz.de/LIFEdb). It is exploited for the identification of disease-relevant genes and proteins for diagnosis and therapy...
- CDNAs for functional genomics and proteomics: the German ConsortiumStefan Wiemann
Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
C R Biol 326:1003-9. 2003..The resulting information is integrated with functional genomics and proteomics data for further understanding of protein functions in the cellular context...
- The systematic functional characterisation of Xq28 genes prioritises candidate disease genesAnja Kolb-Kokocinski
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Centre DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Genomics 7:29. 2006..To expedite disease gene identification, we have initiated the functional characterisation of all known Xq28 genes...