Genomes and Genes
- Sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease subtype-specific alterations of the brain proteome: impact on Rab3a recyclingJoanna Gawinecka
National Reference Center for TSE Surveillance, Medical Center Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Proteomics 12:3610-20. 2012..Indeed, we found an accumulation of the membrane-associated form, thus the active one, which suggests that dysfunction of the Rab3a-mediated exocytosis might be implicated in sCJD pathology...
- Cerebrospinal fluid biomarker supported diagnosis of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and rapid dementias: a longitudinal multicentre study over 10 yearsKatharina Stoeck
Department of Neurology, National Reference Centre for Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies, Georg August University, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Brain 135:3051-61. 2012..The spectrum of differential diagnosis of rapid progressive dementia varied from neurodegenerative dementias to dementia due to acute neurological conditions such as inflammatory diseases and non-neurological origin...
- Desmoplakin as a potential candidate for cerebrospinal fluid marker to rule out 14-3-3 false positive rates in sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease differential diagnosisJoanna Gawinecka
National Reference Center for TSE Surveillance, Department of Neurology, Medical Center Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Neurodegener Dis 9:139-44. 2012..However, some pathological conditions associated with acute neuronal damage may result in a positive 14-3-3 test and thereby reduce test specificity in sCJD...
- MRI and clinical syndrome in dura mater-related Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseB Meissner
National TSE Reference Center, Dept of Neurology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
J Neurol 256:355-63. 2009..Data on disease course in DM-CJD are limited. We describe the clinical and diagnostic findings in this patient group with special emphasis on MRI signal alterations...
- Genetic prion disease with codon 196 PRNP mutation: clinical and pathological findingsGabi Schelzke
National Reference Centre for Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies, Department of Neurology, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 32:756.e1-9. 2011..Four patients underwent autopsy-pathological lesions revealed striking similarity to sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease but also involvement of the white matter...
- Cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers in human genetic transmissible spongiform encephalopathiesAnna Ladogana
Department of Cellular Biology and Neurosciences, Instituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Neurol 256:1620-8. 2009..Disease duration and codon 129 genotype influence the findings in a different way than in sporadic CJD...
- Codon 129 polymorphism and the E200K mutation do not affect the cellular prion protein isoform composition in the cerebrospinal fluid from patients with Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseMatthias Schmitz
National TSE Reference Center, Department of Neurology, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 31:2024-31. 2010....
- Subtype-specific synaptic proteome alterations in sporadic creutzfeldt-jakob diseaseJoanna Gawinecka
National Reference Center for TSE, Medical Center Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
J Alzheimers Dis 37:51-61. 2013..Moreover, several of them have been already linked to the pathophysiological processes occurring in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Low-abundant cerebrospinal fluid proteome alterations in dementia with lewy bodiesJana Katharina Dieks
Department of Neurology, Clinical Dementia Center, Medical Center Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
J Alzheimers Dis 34:387-97. 2013..The identification of DLB-associated proteome changes will help to further understand pathological processes occurring in DLB and may provide future prospects to diagnostic and therapeutic options...
- Codon 129 polymorphism specific cerebrospinal fluid proteome pattern in sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and the implication of glycolytic enzymes in prion-induced pathologyJoanna Gawinecka
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Medical Center Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
J Proteome Res 9:5646-57. 2010..The identification of sCJD-regulated proteins in CSF of living symptomatic patients in our study can broaden our knowledge about pathological processes occurring in sCJD, as they are still not fully understood...
- Amyloid-β 1-42 levels are modified by apolipoprotein E ε4 in Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in a similar manner as in Alzheimer's diseaseDaniela Varges
National Reference Center for TSE Surveillance at Department of Neurology, University Medical School, Gottingen, Germany
J Alzheimers Dis 23:717-26. 2011..Based on our results in sCJD patients, we hypothesize that the ApoE ε4 effect on Aβ1-42 values might not be disease-specific...
- Filtration of protein aggregates increases the accuracy for diagnosing prion diseases in brain biopsiesWiebke M Wemheuer
Department of Neuropathology, Prion and Dementia Research Unit, University Medical Center Gottingen, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 72:758-67. 2013..With this standard and the availability of unfixed tissue, a diagnosis was possible in all 16 biopsies examined. ..
- Similarities between forms of sheep scrapie and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease are encoded by distinct prion typesWiebke M Wemheuer
Prion and Dementia Research Unit, Department of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Am J Pathol 175:2566-73. 2009..This should be taken into consideration when discussing interspecies transmission...