- 'Who's who' in two different flower types of Calluna vulgaris (Ericaceae): morphological and molecular analyses of flower organ identityThomas Borchert
Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops IGZ, Department Plant Propagation, Kuehnhaeuser Str 101, 99189 Erfurt, Germany
BMC Plant Biol 9:148. 2009..In order to clarify basic questions of flower organ identity in general and stamen loss in detail, a study of the wild-type and the 'bud-flowering' flower type of C. vulgaris was initiated...
- The chromosomal distribution of histone methylation marks in gymnosperms differs from that of angiospermsJörg Fuchs
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466, Gatersleben, Germany
Chromosome Res 16:891-8. 2008..sylvestris) and H3K27me2 and H3K27me3 in both species. Although the methylation marks themselves are apparently conserved, their functional specificity within the frame of the 'epigenetic code' might have diverged during evolution...
- AtHaspin phosphorylates histone H3 at threonine 3 during mitosis and contributes to embryonic patterning in ArabidopsisRaheleh Karimi Ashtiyani
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Corrensstr 3, 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 68:443-54. 2011..Haspin mutant embryos frequently showed alteration in division plane orientation that could be traced back to the earliest divisions of embryo development, thus Haspin contributes to embryonic patterning...
- Chromosomal histone modification patterns--from conservation to diversityJörg Fuchs
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Corrensstrasse 3, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Trends Plant Sci 11:199-208. 2006..This implies the possibility of evolutionary divergence in reading the "histone code"...
- The holocentric species Luzula elegans shows interplay between centromere and large-scale genome organizationStefan Heckmann
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466, Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 73:555-65. 2013..Our data suggest a correlation between the centromere and overall genome organization in species with holocentric chromosomes...
- Aurora1 phosphorylation activity on histone H3 and its cross-talk with other post-translational histone modifications in ArabidopsisDmitri Demidov
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 59:221-30. 2009..Inactivation of AtAurora also caused lagging chromosomes in a number of anaphase cells, but, unlike the situation in mammalian cells, Hesperadin did not influence the microtubule dynamics in dividing cells...
- Random homologous pairing and incomplete sister chromatid alignment are common in angiosperm interphase nucleiVeit Schubert
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, Gatersleben, Germany
Mol Genet Genomics 278:167-76. 2007..For sister chromatid exchanges a continuous sister chromatid alignment is not required. For correct segregation, permanent alignment of sister centromeres is sufficient...
- Pairing of lacO tandem repeats in Arabidopsis thaliana nuclei requires the presence of hypermethylated, large arrays at two chromosomal positions, but does not depend on H3-lysine-9-dimethylationGabriele Jovtchev
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK Gatersleben, Germany
Chromosoma 120:609-19. 2011..Thus, neither H3K9me2 nor CMT3-mediated non-CG methylation are required at wild-type level for homologous pairing of lacO repeat loci...