- 'Who's who' in two different flower types of Calluna vulgaris (Ericaceae): morphological and molecular analyses of flower organ identityThomas Borchert
Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops IGZ, Department Plant Propagation, Kuehnhaeuser Str 101, 99189 Erfurt, Germany
BMC Plant Biol 9:148. 2009..In order to clarify basic questions of flower organ identity in general and stamen loss in detail, a study of the wild-type and the 'bud-flowering' flower type of C. vulgaris was initiated...
- The chromosomal distribution of histone methylation marks in gymnosperms differs from that of angiospermsJörg Fuchs
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466, Gatersleben, Germany
Chromosome Res 16:891-8. 2008..sylvestris) and H3K27me2 and H3K27me3 in both species. Although the methylation marks themselves are apparently conserved, their functional specificity within the frame of the 'epigenetic code' might have diverged during evolution...
- Chromosome arrangement and nuclear architecture but not centromeric sequences are conserved between Arabidopsis thaliana and Arabidopsis lyrataAlexandre Berr
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 48:771-83. 2006..Since the chromosomes of A. lyrata resemble those of the presumed ancestral karyotype, a similar arrangement of interphase chromosomes is also to be expected for other closely related diploid species of the Brassicaceae family...
- AtHaspin phosphorylates histone H3 at threonine 3 during mitosis and contributes to embryonic patterning in ArabidopsisRaheleh Karimi Ashtiyani
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Corrensstr 3, 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 68:443-54. 2011..Haspin mutant embryos frequently showed alteration in division plane orientation that could be traced back to the earliest divisions of embryo development, thus Haspin contributes to embryonic patterning...
- Chromosome territory arrangement and homologous pairing in nuclei of Arabidopsis thaliana are predominantly random except for NOR-bearing chromosomesAles Pecinka
Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Chromosoma 113:258-69. 2004..Nevertheless, in up to 31.5% of investigated Arabidopsis nuclei allelic sequences may share positions close enough for homologous recombination...
- Chromosomal histone modification patterns--from conservation to diversityJörg Fuchs
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Corrensstrasse 3, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Trends Plant Sci 11:199-208. 2006..This implies the possibility of evolutionary divergence in reading the "histone code"...
- The holocentric species Luzula elegans shows interplay between centromere and large-scale genome organizationStefan Heckmann
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466, Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 73:555-65. 2013..Our data suggest a correlation between the centromere and overall genome organization in species with holocentric chromosomes...
- The conserved chimeric transcript UPGRADE2 is associated with unreduced pollen formation and is exclusively found in apomictic Boechera speciesMartin Mau
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant Physiol 163:1640-59. 2013..Its genesis reflects the hybridization history that characterizes the genus Boechera. ..
- Aurora1 phosphorylation activity on histone H3 and its cross-talk with other post-translational histone modifications in ArabidopsisDmitri Demidov
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 59:221-30. 2009..Inactivation of AtAurora also caused lagging chromosomes in a number of anaphase cells, but, unlike the situation in mammalian cells, Hesperadin did not influence the microtubule dynamics in dividing cells...
- B chromosomes of Aegilops speltoides are enriched in organelle genome-derived sequencesAlevtina Ruban
Russian State Agrarian University Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy, Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Moscow, Russia Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Chromosome Structure and Function Laboratory, Gatersleben, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e90214. 2014..The distribution of B-localised organellar-derived sequences and other sequences differs between genotypes of different geographical origins. ..
- Electromagnetic fields affect transcript levels of apoptosis-related genes in embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitor cellsTeodora Nikolova
Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Gatersleben, Germany
FASEB J 19:1686-8. 2005..However, these responses are not associated with detectable changes of cell physiology, suggesting compensatory mechanisms at the translational and posttranslational level...
- Pairing of lacO tandem repeats in Arabidopsis thaliana nuclei requires the presence of hypermethylated, large arrays at two chromosomal positions, but does not depend on H3-lysine-9-dimethylationGabriele Jovtchev
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK Gatersleben, Germany
Chromosoma 120:609-19. 2011..Thus, neither H3K9me2 nor CMT3-mediated non-CG methylation are required at wild-type level for homologous pairing of lacO repeat loci...
- Random homologous pairing and incomplete sister chromatid alignment are common in angiosperm interphase nucleiVeit Schubert
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Corrensstrasse 3, Gatersleben, Germany
Mol Genet Genomics 278:167-76. 2007..For sister chromatid exchanges a continuous sister chromatid alignment is not required. For correct segregation, permanent alignment of sister centromeres is sufficient...