Affiliation: Friedrich Schiller University
- High-energy phosphates in the frontal lobe correlate with Wisconsin Card Sort Test performance in controls, not in schizophrenics: a 31phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopic and neuropsychological investigationH P Volz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Jena, Germany
Schizophr Res 31:37-47. 1998..This association was not found in schizophrenics, possibly due to the influence of neuroleptic medication or the disease process per se...
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors. A perspective on their use in the elderlyH P Volz
Hans Berger Kliniken, Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Germany
Drugs Aging 13:341-55. 1998..Although orthostatic hypotension occurs in most patients treated with traditional MAOIs, the incidence in elderly patients with depression does not appear to be greater than that reported with tricyclic antidepressants...
- Opipramol for the treatment of somatoform disorders results from a placebo-controlled trialH P Volz
Psychiatric Department, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Philosophenweg 3, D 07740, Jena, Germany
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 10:211-7. 2000..A similar number of adverse events was noted in both groups. The results of this first-placebo-controlled study in somatoform disorders suggest efficacy of opipramol in this indication but need replication...
- Supporting evidence for the model of cognitive dysmetria in schizophrenia--a structural magnetic resonance imaging study using deformation-based morphometryH Volz
Psychiatric Department, University of Jena, Philosophenweg 3, D 07740, Jena, Germany
Schizophr Res 46:45-56. 2000..This highlights the importance of this concept for future investigations...
- [Phytochemicals as means to induce sleep]H P Volz
Psychiatrische Klinik der Friedrich Schiller Universität Jena
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 95:33-4. 2001..However, no sleep inducing potential of valerian was observed, only a certain positive effect on daytime mood. Therefore, the mentioned phytopharmacons cannot be recommended for the treatment of sleep disturbances...
- Reboxetine and cytochrome P450--comparison with paroxetine treatment in humansU D Kuhn
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:36-46. 2007..Thus, in this study the pharmacokinetics of reboxetine in relation to pharmacogenetics and the effects of reboxetine compared to paroxetine treatment on the CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 phenotype were analyzed in healthy control subjects...
- [Psychiatric comorbidity in somatic disorders. Psychophytopharmaceuticals are worth a try]H P Volz
MMW Fortschr Med 143:62-6. 2001..At present, no herbal preparation can be recommended for the treatment of sleep disorders, as no unequivocal proof of efficacy in patients with such problems has yet been established...
- Patterns and prevalence of antidepressant drug use in the German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg: a prescription-based analysisM Ufer
Institute of Pharmacology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1153-60. 2007..Therefore, we have identified patterns and prevalence of antidepressant use among outpatients on a population-based scale in the German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg...