Affiliation: Friedrich Schiller University
- [Diagnosis and therapy of pulmonary embolism prior to death]A Reissig
Pneumologie and Allergologie, Klinik Innere Medizin I, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:1477-83. 2010..The study was conducted to assess the rate of suspected pulmonary embolism (PE) prior to death and the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures performed...
- Lung ultrasound in the diagnosis and follow-up of community-acquired pneumonia: a prospective, multicenter, diagnostic accuracy studyAngelika Reissig
Department of Internal Medicine, Pneumology and Allergology, Medical Clinic I, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Chest 142:965-72. 2012..The aim of this prospective, multicenter study was to define the accuracy of lung ultrasound (LUS) in the diagnosis of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...
- The role of lung ultrasound in the diagnosis and follow-up of community-acquired pneumoniaAngelika Reissig
Pneumology and Allergology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Eur J Intern Med 23:391-7. 2012..An X-ray or CT of the chest should be performed in cases of negative lung sonography and if other differential diagnoses or complications are suspected...
- [Therapeutic approaches to acute pulmonary embolism]A Reissig
Pneumologie und Allergologie, Klinik Innere Medizin I, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena
Internist (Berl) 45:540-8. 2004..After PE has been established, vitamin-k-antagonists are the current standard of secondary prophylaxis...
- [Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism by transthoracic sonography. Sono-morphologic characterization of pulmonary lesions and comparison with spiral computed tomography]A Reissig
Abteilung fur Pneumologie, Friedrich Schiller Universitat, Jena
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 125:1487-91. 2000..This study was carried out in order to evaluate the clinical value of transthoracic sonography (TS) for the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism...
- Accuracy of transthoracic sonography in excluding post-interventional pneumothorax and hydropneumothorax. Comparison to chest radiographyAngelika Reissig
Pneumology and Allergology, Department I, Medical University Clinics, Friedrich Schiller University, Erlanger Allee 101, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Eur J Radiol 53:463-70. 2005..This study was conducted to examine whether TS could replace chest radiography for the diagnosis of post-interventional pneumothorax and hydropneumothorax...
- [Imaging 2005 -- ultrasound of the chest]A Reissig
Pneumologie und Allergologie, ,
Pneumologie 59:477-84. 2005
- [Sonographic diagnosis of post-interventional pneumothorax and hydropneumothorax--prospective study of 100 patients]A Reissig
Pneumologie and Allergologie Immunologie, Klinik Innere Medizin I der Friedrich Schiller Universität Jena
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:617-24. 2006....
- [Trans thoracic ultrasound in the diagnosis of cough, dyspnea an chest pain]A Reissig
Pneumologie and Allergologie/Immunologie,
Pneumologie 61:20-36; quiz 37-40. 2007
- Sonographic diagnosis and follow-up of pneumonia: a prospective studyAngelika Reissig
Pneumology and Allergology Immunology, Department I, Medical University Clinics, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Respiration 74:537-47. 2007..Although transthoracic ultrasound offers several important advantages as diagnostic imaging technique in pleural and pulmonary conditions, its significance for the diagnosis and monitoring of pneumonia has yet to be established...
- Current role of emergency ultrasound of the chestAngelika Reissig
Department of Pneumology and Allergology, Medical University Clinics I, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Crit Care Med 39:839-45. 2011..Chest sonography has gained clinical significance in the diagnosis of various pulmonary, pleural, cardiac, and mediastinal emergency conditions. Therefore, the current role of emergency ultrasound are assessed...
- Ancillary lung parenchymal findings at spiral CT scanning in pulmonary embolism. Relationship to chest sonographyAngelika Reissig
Pneumology and Allergology Division, Department IV, Medical University Clinics, Erlanger Allee 101, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Eur J Radiol 49:250-7. 2004..The aim of the study was to compare findings of transthoracic sonography (TS) and of spiral computed tomography (sCT) in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- Transthoracic ultrasound of lung and pleura in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: a novel non-invasive bedside approachAngelika Reissig
Pneumology and Allergology Division, Department I, Medical University Clinics, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Respiration 70:441-52. 2003..Further, because the method focuses on detection of peripheral lesions it complements other diagnostic techniques employed when PE is suspected...
- [Absolute arrhythmia and pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis]Angelika Reissig
Pneumologie and Allergologie, , , Erlanger Allee 101 07740 Jena
Med Klin (Munich) 97:308. 2002
- [Eyelid edema and stress-induced dyspnea]Angelika Reissig
Med Klin (Munich) 97:418-9. 2002
- [Interferon-alpha treatment of the Churg-Strauss syndrome]A Reissig
Pneumologie and Allergologie, Klinik Innere Medizin I, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:1475-8. 2003..Two patients, 60 (pat. 1; female) and 30 years of age (pat. 2; male), respectively, suffering from a histologically confirmed Churg-Strauss-syndrome and receiving immunosuppressive therapy were treated with Interferon-alpha...
- Sonography of lung and pleura in pulmonary embolism: sonomorphologic characterization and comparison with spiral CT scanningA Reissig
Department of Pneumology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Chest 120:1977-83. 2001..The present study investigates the clinical utility of transthoracic sonography (TS) for the diagnosis of PE and compares the data obtained with the technique to those obtained by spiral CT (sCT) scanning...
- [Airway complications following lung transplantation - clinic, diagnosis, and interventional management]C Kroegel
Abt Pneumologie and Allergologie Immunologie, Medizinische Klinik I, Jena
Pneumologie 65:293-307. 2011..This review summarises clinical presentation, risk factors, the diagnostic methods as well as management options for the most common LTx-associated airway complications...
- [Interferon-alpha as treatment option in severe persistent uncontrolled bronchial asthma: an open label study]C Kroegel
Pneumologie and Allergologie Immunologie, Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Friedrich Schiller Universitat, Jena
Pneumologie 63:307-13. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the long-term safety and therapeutic effects of IFN-alpha in patients with severe persistent uncontrolled asthma on long-term oral glucocorticoid (GC) treatment...
- [Current trends in pneumology 2002 -- Part 1]Claus Kroegel
Pneumologie and Allerologie/Immunologie, Medizinische Klinik IV, , Jena
Med Klin (Munich) 98:30-56. 2003
- Transthoracic sonography in comparison to multislice computed tomography in detection of peripheral pulmonary embolismAlexander Pfeil
Department of Internal Medicine III, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Erlanger Allee 101, 07747 Jena, Germany
Lung 188:43-50. 2010..In case of contraindication with MSCT, TS is a potential technique for diagnosing PE-related parenchymal findings and can serve as an alternative method in the diagnosis of PE. However, a negative result with TS does not rule out a PE...
- Interferon-alphacon-1 treatment of three patients with severe glucocorticoid-dependent asthma. Effect on disease control and systemic glucocorticosteroid doseClaus Kroegel
Department of Pneumology and Allergy, Medical Clinic I, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Respiration 73:566-70. 2006..Our findings suggest that IFN-alphacon leads to a significant clinical improvement while at the same time allowing reduction and discontinuation of the glucocorticoid treatment in severe persistent glucocorticoid-dependent asthma...
- Principle mechanisms underlying venous thromboembolism: epidemiology, risk factors, pathophysiology and pathogenesisClaus Kroegel
Pneumology and Allergy, Medical Clinic IV, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Respiration 70:7-30. 2003..The objectives of this article are to present an overview of the etiologic and pathogenic factors promoting VTE as well as the pathophysiologic and inflammatory processes following PE...
- [Asthma therapy for adults]C Kroegel
Medizinische Klinik IV, Pneumologie and Allergologie, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 95:699-706. 2001....
- Transthoracic sonography of diffuse parenchymal lung disease: the role of comet tail artifactsAngelika Reissig
Pneumology and Allergology, Department IV Medical University Clinics, Friedrich-Schiller-University, Jena, Germany
J Ultrasound Med 22:173-80. 2003..Transthoracic sonography may reflect the distribution of pleural involvement and may show subpleural alterations...
- Thoracic ultrasound for diagnosing pulmonary embolism: a prospective multicenter study of 352 patientsGebhard Mathis
Innere Medizin, Landeskrankenhaus Hohenems, Bahnhofstrasse 31, A 6845 Hohenems, Austria
Chest 128:1531-8. 2005..The aim of this multicenter study was to determine the accuracy of thorax ultrasound (TUS) in the diagnosis of PE (TUSPE)...
- Phase III study of second-line chemotherapy for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer with weekly compared with 3-weekly docetaxelWolfgang Schuette
Martha Maria City Hospital Halle Doelau, Halle, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:8389-95. 2005..A phase III study to determine whether a weekly docetaxel schedule improves the therapeutic index compared with the classic 3-weekly schedule...
- [Diagnosis of pulmonary artery embolism. Reply]Angelika Reissig
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:525-6. 2002
- Interferon-gamma-1b: therapeutic option in advanced idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?Claus Kroegel
Respiration 71:656-7. 2004
- Computed tomography imaging in pulmonary embolism--the other side of the medalClaus Kroegel
Respiration 71:444-7. 2004
- Interferons and their application in lung diseasesClaus Kroegel
Chest 124:2406; author reply 2406-7. 2003
- Pulmonary fibrosis of the upper lobes after lung transplantation is associated with selective CD8+ T lymphocyte expansionClaus Kroegel
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1024-5; author reply 1025. 2005