Affiliation: Friedrich Schiller University
- Schwen L, Homeyer A, Schwier M, Dahmen U, Dirsch O, Schenk A, et al. Zonated quantification of steatosis in an entire mouse liver. Comput Biol Med. 2016;73:108-18 pubmed publisher..Besides being a descriptive research tool, this quantification could perspectively complement diagnosis based on visual assessment of histological images. ..
- Zhang T, Wei W, Dirsch O, Krüger T, Kan C, Xie C, et al. Identification of Proteins Interacting with Cytoplasmic High-Mobility Group Box 1 during the Hepatocellular Response to Ischemia Reperfusion Injury. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This finding may help to better understand the cellular response to IRI in the liver and to identify novel molecular targets for reducing ischemic injury. ..
- Richter B, Sanger C, Mussbach F, Scheuerlein H, Settmacher U, Dahmen U. Benefit of an implanted solid barrier for the feasibility of a sequence of three different hepato-biliary operations in a small animal model. J Visc Surg. 2017;154:321-328 pubmed publisher..It should be considered to implant a mechanical barrier in a sequence of more than two surgical interventions in an experimental model in order to assure the feasibility of the final operation. ..
- Arlt J, Wei W, Xie C, Homeyer A, Settmacher U, Dahmen U, et al. Modulation of hepatic perfusion did not improve recovery from hepatic outflow obstruction. BMC Pharmacol Toxicol. 2017;18:50 pubmed publisher..Transient relative reduction of portal pressure did not result in a reduction of hepatic damage. This might be explained by the development of portal hyperperfusion which was accompanied by arterial hypoperfusion. ..
- Kan C, Liu A, Fang H, Dirsch O, Dahmen U, Boettcher M. Induction of autophagy reduces ischemia/reperfusion injury in steatotic rat livers. J Surg Res. 2017;216:207-218 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous modulation of GSK3b and ERK1/2 pathways might be an interesting strategy to reduce IRI in steatotic livers with an impairment of autophagy. ..
- Terbonssen T, Settmacher U, Dirsch O, Dahmen U. [Knowledge, trust, and the decision to donate organs : A comparison of medical students and students of other disciplines in Germany]. Chirurg. 2018;89:131-137 pubmed publisher..In cases of a low level of knowledge, confidence is even more important. Therefore, organ donation campaigns should focus on increasing knowledge and fostering trust. ..