Affiliation: Fresenius Kabi
- Pharmacokinetics of hydroxyethyl starchCornelius Jungheinrich
Clinical Research, Medical Scientific Affairs, Fresenius Kabi, Bad Homburg, Germany
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:681-99. 2005..5. Influence on coagulation is minimal with hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4, and no adverse effects on kidney function have been observed even with large repetitive doses when used according to the product information...
- The pharmacokinetics and tolerability of an intravenous infusion of the new hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 (6%, 500 mL) in mild-to-severe renal impairmentCornelius Jungheinrich
Clinical Research, Fresenius Kabi, 61346 Bad Homburg, Germany
Anesth Analg 95:544-51, table of contents. 2002..6 mg/mL). We conclude that HES 130/0.4 (500 mL 6%) can be safely administered to patients even with severe renal impairment, as long as urine flow is preserved, without plasma accumulation...
- Volume efficacy and reduced influence on measures of coagulation using hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 (6%) with an optimised in vivo molecular weight in orthopaedic surgery : a randomised, double-blind studyCornelius Jungheinrich
Clinical Research, Fresenius Kabi, Bad Homburg, Germany
Drugs R D 5:1-9. 2004..Different types of hydroxyethyl starch (HES) affect blood coagulation differently. We studied the effects of HES 130/0.4 on coagulation in major orthopaedic surgery in relation to the pharmacological parameter in vivo molecular weight...
- Repetitive large-dose infusion of the novel hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 in patients with severe head injuryThomas A Neff
Institute of Anesthesiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 96:1453-9, table of contents. 2003..4 group despite the large HES doses administered. We conclude that HES 130/0.4 can safely be used in critically ill head trauma patients over several days at doses of up to 70 mL x kg(-1) x d(-1)...
- Volume replacement therapy during major orthopedic surgery using Voluven (hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4) or hetastarchSweeta D Gandhi
Department of Anesthesiology, Clement J Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Anesthesiology 106:1120-7. 2007..4; Fresenius Kabi, Bad Homburg, Germany) and hetastarch (HES 670/0.75 in saline) for intravascular volume replacement therapy during major orthopedic surgery...
- The effects of hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 (6%) on blood loss and use of blood products in major surgery: a pooled analysis of randomized clinical trialsSibylle A Kozek-Langenecker
Department of Special Anesthesiology and Pain Management, Vienna Medical University, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Anesth Analg 107:382-90. 2008..To test this hypothesis, we analyzed pooled data from all available studies in major surgery comparing 6% HES 130/0.4 and 6% HES 200/0.5 from waxy maize starch...