Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Frankfurt am Main
- Tivantinib in hepatocellular carcinomaJorg Trojan
Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Medizinische Klinik 1, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany 49 0 69 6301 7860 49 0 69 6301 6448
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 22:141-7. 2013..The initially high incidence of neutropenia in patients with HCC lead to dose reduction from 360 mg b.i.d. to 240 mg b.i.d. Currently, a pivotal Phase III study in advanced, MET-high HCC after sorafenib failure is planned...
- Treatment of HCV infection with interferon alpha-2b and ribavirin in a patient with X-linked lymphoproliferative syndromeNicola Strnad-Trojan
Department of Paediatrics, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Centre, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 165:348-50. 2006..After combination treatment with interferon alpha-2b and ribavirin, clearance of HCV-RNA was achieved, and noteworthily, EBV DNA also became undetectable...
- An infected esophageal duplication cyst in a patient with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma mimicking persistent diseaseJ Trojan
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Centre, Frankfurt, Germany
Dis Esophagus 18:287-9. 2005..Thus, this report further demonstrated the impact of EUS and EUS-FNA for management of posterior mediastinal cystic lesions in selected cases...
- In vitro chemosensitivity to gemcitabine, oxaliplatin and zoledronic acid predicts treatment response in metastatic gastric cancerJorg Trojan
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Frankfurt, Germany
Anticancer Drugs 16:87-91. 2005..An initially existing disseminated intravascular coagulopathy quickly resolved and after 6 months of treatment on ongoing complete response was induced, thus confirming the results of in vitro chemosensitivity testing...
- BAX and caspase-5 frameshift mutations and spontaneous apoptosis in colorectal cancer with microsatellite instabilityJoerg Trojan
2nd Department of Medicine and Senckenberg Center of Pathology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt a M, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 19:538-44. 2004..The aim of this study was to further characterize the role of BAX and cas-5 inactivation for spontaneous apoptosis...
- Transient mismatch repair gene transfection for functional analysis of genetic hMLH1 and hMSH2 variantsA Brieger
Medizinische Klinik II, , Frankfurt, Germany
Gut 51:677-84. 2002..This method is applicable for the functional definition of mutations in hMLH1 and hMSH2 genes observed in patients with suspected HNPCC...
- MUTYH gene expression and alternative splicing in controls and polyposis patientsGuido Plotz
Biomedical Research Laboratory, Medizinische Klinik 1, Klinik der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt, Germany
Hum Mutat 33:1067-74. 2012..Since this alteration decreases protein production of the gene, an increased cancer risk for compound heterozygous carriers is possible...
- Cytoskeletal scaffolding proteins interact with Lynch-Syndrome associated mismatch repair protein MLH1Angela Brieger
Medical Clinic I, Biomedical Research Laboratory, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Proteomics 10:3343-55. 2010..Our data suggest novel roles of MLH1 in cellular organization and colorectal cancerogenesis...
- Frequency of the Amsterdam criteria in a regional German cohort of patients with colorectal cancerJ Raedle
Medizinische Klinik II, Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 40:561-8. 2002..However, the final diagnosis of HNPCC can only be established by detection of pathogenic germline mutations within the DNA mismatch repair genes...
- Limited value of fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose PET for the differential diagnosis of focal liver lesions in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionO Schroder
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Nuklearmedizin 37:279-85. 1998..The differentiation of HCC from liver metastasis or benign disorders by imaging studies based upon morphological aspects may be difficult...
- Bethesda guidelines: relation to microsatellite instability and MLH1 promoter methylation in patients with colorectal cancerJ Raedle
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Ann Intern Med 135:566-76. 2001..The Bethesda guidelines were established to identify patients with colorectal cancer who should be tested for microsatellite instability...
- Frequency of colorectal polyps in patients with sporadic adenomas or adenocarcinomas of the papilla of vater--an age-matched, controlled studyA R J Schneider
Medical Department I, University Hospital, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 43:1123-7. 2005..Patients with familial adenomatous polyposis bear a particularly increased risk for periampullary tumors. Data on whether the prevalence of colorectal tumors is increased in patients with sporadic ampullary neoplasms are scarce...
- Nucleos(t)ide analogue treatment reduces apoptotic activity in patients with chronic hepatitis BHarald Farnik
Medizinische Klinik 1, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Haus 11, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
J Clin Virol 52:204-9. 2011..Reduction of necroinflammatory activity is a major goal of antiviral therapy of patients with chronic hepatitis B. Serum ALT does not detect all forms of cell death...
- Transarterial chemoembolization in the treatment of patients with unresectable cholangiocarcinoma: Results and prognostic factors governing treatment successThomas J Vogl
Institute for Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Int J Cancer 131:733-40. 2012..In conclusion, TACE is a palliative and safe treatment option for patients with unresectable CCC. Child Pugh class B, tumor hypovascularity and initially progressive disease were poor prognostic factors for patient survival...
- Serum microRNA-21 as marker for necroinflammation in hepatitis C patients with and without hepatocellular carcinomaVerena Bihrer
Department of Medicine I, University of Frankfurt M, Frankfurt, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e26971. 2011..Here we correlated serum miR-21 levels with clinical parameters in patients with different stages of chronic hepatitis C virus infection (CHC) and CHC-associated HCC...
- hMutSalpha forms an ATP-dependent complex with hMutLalpha and hMutLbeta on DNAGuido Plotz
Second Department of Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 30:711-8. 2002..Purified hMutLalpha showed an intrinsic affinity for DNA, with a preference for single-stranded over double-stranded DNA...
- Overexpression of the far upstream element binding protein 1 in hepatocellular carcinoma is required for tumor growthUta Rabenhorst
Chemotherapeutisches Forschungsinstitut Georg Speyer Haus, Frankfurt, Germany
Hepatology 50:1121-9. 2009..CONCLUSION: Our data establish FBP1 as an important oncoprotein overexpressed in HCC that induces tumor propagation through direct or indirect repression of cell cycle inhibitors and proapoptotic target genes...
- Efficacy and safety of sorafenib in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma under daily practice conditionsM W Welker
Medizinische Klinik1, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Chemother 22:205-11. 2010..In conclusion, in daily practice sorafenib is safe and disease stabilization can be achieved in the majority of patients. However, intolerance to sorafenib can affect treatment adherence substantially...
- A de novo deletion of chromosome 5q causing familial adenomatous polyposis, dysmorphic features, and mild mental retardationJ Raedle
2nd Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Human Genetics, University of Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 96:3016-20. 2001..If the deletion encompasses the APC gene, these patients are at high risk of developing FAP and associated complications...
- Role of ultrasonography in the detection of small adrenal massesJ Trojan
Medizinische Klinik II, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe, Universitat, Frankfurt, Germany
Ultraschall Med 23:96-100. 2002..In rare cases small masses of the left adrenal gland might be missed and nodular adrenal hyperplasia or retroperitoneal lymph nodes might be misinterpreted as adrenal masses...
- A new immunological test strip device for the rapid, qualitative detection of faecal occult bloodJ Trojan
Medizinische Klinik II, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 40:921-4. 2002....