- Exercising during learning improves vocabulary acquisition: behavioral and ERP evidence
Institute of Medical Psychology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Neurosci Lett 482:40-4. 2010
..Thus, our data indicate that simultaneous physical activity during vocabulary learning facilitates memorization of new items...
- Did you get the beat? Late proficient French-German learners extract strong-weak patterns in tonal but not in linguistic sequences
Institute of Medical Psychology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neuroimage 54:568-76. 2011
..The results imply that linguistic and non-linguistic grouping do not rely on the same neural mechanisms...
- Treadmill walking during vocabulary encoding improves verbal long-term memory
Institute of Medical Psychology, Goethe University, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Behav Brain Funct 10:24. 2014
..In contrast we found a positive correlation between salivary cortisol concentration and the number of correctly recalled items. In summary, even very light physical activity during encoding is beneficial for subsequent recall. ..
- Why pitch sensitivity matters: event-related potential evidence of metric and syntactic violation detection among spanish late learners of german
Institute of Medical Psychology, Goethe University Frankfurt Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Front Psychol 2:131. 2011
..This finding emphasizes the relevant role of metric cues not only in L2 prosodic but also in syntactic processing...
- Auditory-motor synchronization facilitates attention allocation
Institute of Medical Psychology, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Heinrich Hoffmann Strasse 10, 60528 Frankfurt, Germany
Neuroimage 82:101-6. 2013
..These findings indicate that auditory-motor synchronization enhances the attentional processing of periodical auditory stimuli. ..
- Physical exercise during encoding improves vocabulary learning in young female adults: a neuroendocrinological study
Institute of Medical Psychology, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e64172. 2013
..Our data indicates that light to moderate simultaneous physical activity during encoding, but not prior to encoding, is beneficial for subsequent recall of new items...
- P3b reflects periodicity in linguistic sequences
Institute of Medical Psychology, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e51419. 2012
..Furthermore, we provide first electrophysiological evidence for the relevance of the p-center concept in linguistic stimulus processing...
- Kinetics of serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor following low-intensity versus high-intensity exercise in men and women
aInstitute of Medical Psychology, Department of Sports Medicine, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neuroreport 23:889-93. 2012
..Although there were no sex differences during baseline or recovery, the increase in the BDNF concentration during the exercise phase was more pronounced in men than in women...