Affiliation: Frankfurt am Main
- Primary biliary cirrhosis--presentation and diagnosisUlrich Leuschner
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Medical Clinic II, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Clin Liver Dis 7:741-58. 2003..Liver histology is of interest for the assessment of the diagnosis and for staging of the disease...
- Ursodeoxycholic acid in the therapy for primary biliary cirrhosis: effects on progression and prognosisU Leuschner
Medizinische Klinik der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 43:1051-9. 2005....
- [Extrahepatic manifestations of liver diseases: skeleton]U Leuschner
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:1550-6. 2006..We are still lacking convincing long-term treatment studies with a sufficient number of patients who are well stratified...
- High-dose ursodeoxycholic acid therapy for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialUlrich F H Leuschner
Interdisziplinäres Facharztzentrum Sachsenhausen, Frankfurt, Germany
Hepatology 52:472-9. 2010..133, P for PP = 0.140). With the exception of gamma-glutamyl transferase, UDCA did not improve laboratory data. Conclusion: High-dose UDCA failed to improve the overall histology in patients with NASH in comparison with placebo...
- Toxicity of ethanol and acetaldehyde in hepatocytes treated with ursodeoxycholic or tauroursodeoxycholic acidKarin Henzel
Medical Clinic II, Department of Gastroenterology, Center of Internal Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfort on the Main, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1644:37-45. 2004..In contrast, preincubation with bile acids intensified cell damage. Therefore, the protective effect of UDCA or TUDCA in alcohol- or acetaldehyde-treated SK-Hep-1 cells remains dubious...
- The influence of sulindac on patients with primary biliary cirrhosis that responds incompletely to ursodeoxycholic acid: a pilot studyMaria Leuschner
Medical Clinic II, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:1369-76. 2002..In these patients we investigated whether the strongly choleretic sulindac together with UDCA is superior to UDCA monotherapy...
- 13C-methacetin and 13C-galactose breath tests can assess restricted liver function even in early stages of primary biliary cirrhosisJulia Holtmeier
Medical Department I, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt Main, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:1336-41. 2006..The aim of this study was to find out whether these breath tests are sensitive parameters also in non-cirrhotic patients with primary biliary cirrhosis...
- Primary biliary cirrhosis in Lithuania: diagnosis and clinical pictureDanute Speiciene
Center of Hepatology, Gastroenterology, and Dietetics of Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania
Med Sci Monit 13:CR299-306. 2007..The aim was to analyze the clinical, biochemical, immunological, and histological criteria of PBC patients in Lithuania and evaluate the patterns of disease presentation and histological features...