Affiliation: Frankfurt am Main
- Kraiczy P, Skerka C, Kirschfink M, Zipfel P, Brade V. Immune evasion of Borrelia burgdorferi: insufficient killing of the pathogens by complement and antibody. Int J Med Microbiol. 2002;291 Suppl 33:141-6 pubmed..These antigens may include the recently detected CRASPs. ..
- Kraiczy P, Hellwage J, Skerka C, Becker H, Kirschfink M, Simon M, et al. Complement resistance of Borrelia burgdorferi correlates with the expression of BbCRASP-1, a novel linear plasmid-encoded surface protein that interacts with human factor H and FHL-1 and is unrelated to Erp proteins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2421-9 pubmed..is the key molecule of the complement resistance of spirochetes, and (iii). is distinct from the Erp protein family. Thus, BbCRASP-1 most likely contributes to persistence of B. burgdorferi and to pathogenesis of Lyme disease. ..
- Kraiczy P, Hartmann K, Hellwage J, Skerka C, Kirschfink M, Brade V, et al. Immunological characterization of the complement regulator factor H-binding CRASP and Erp proteins of Borrelia burgdorferi. Int J Med Microbiol. 2004;293 Suppl 37:152-7 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that most of the factor H-binding CRASPs are members of the Erp protein family, which represents a polymorphic class of proteins with similar or identical immunological reactivities. ..
- Kraiczy P, Stevenson B. Complement regulator-acquiring surface proteins of Borrelia burgdorferi: Structure, function and regulation of gene expression. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2013;4:26-34 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on the current knowledge on structure, function, and gene regulation of these B. burgdorferi infection-associated proteins...
- Kraiczy P, Skerka C, Zipfel P, Brade V. Complement regulator-acquiring surface proteins of Borrelia burgdorferi: a new protein family involved in complement resistance. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2002;114:568-73 pubmed..The continued characterization of CRASPs at the molecular level is expected to identify new virulence factors and potential vaccine candidates. ..