- Recovery of learning and memory is associated with chromatin remodellingAndre Fischer
Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Nature 447:178-82. 2007....
- SIRT1 deacetylase protects against neurodegeneration in models for Alzheimer's disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosisDohoon Kim
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Picower Insitute for Learning and Memory, RIKEN MIT Neuroscience Research Center, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, USA
EMBO J 26:3169-79. 2007..Thus, SIRT1 constitutes a unique molecular link between aging and human neurodegenerative disorders and provides a promising avenue for therapeutic intervention...
- A hippocampal Cdk5 pathway regulates extinction of contextual fearFarahnaz Sananbenesi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Neurosci 10:1012-9. 2007..Our data suggest that this pathway could provide a suitable target for therapeutic treatment of emotional disorders...
- Opposing roles of transient and prolonged expression of p25 in synaptic plasticity and hippocampus-dependent memoryAndre Fischer
Harvard Medical School, Department of Pathology, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 48:825-38. 2005..Our data suggest a role for p25 in synaptic plasticity, synaptogenesis, learning, and memory and provide a model whereby deregulation of a plasticity factor can contribute to neurodegeneration...
- N-cadherin regulates cytoskeletally associated IQGAP1/ERK signaling and memory formationChristina Schrick
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Asher Center for Depressive Disorders, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Neuron 55:786-98. 2007..The data suggest that the newly identified role of hippocampal N-cadherin in memory consolidation may be mediated, at least in part, by cytoskeletal IQGAP1/Erk signaling...
- Hippocampal Mek/Erk signaling mediates extinction of contextual freezing behaviorAndre Fischer
Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine, Laboratory on Cell Mechanisms of Memory, Goettingen, Germany
Neurobiol Learn Mem 87:149-58. 2007..On the basis of these findings, we propose that hippocampal Mek/Erk signaling might serve as one of the key mediators of contextual fear extinction...
- Regulatory mechanisms of fear extinction and depression-like behaviorNatalie C Tronson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1570-83. 2008..The dissociation of these pathways may thus represent a common mechanism for fear and mood regulation, and a potential therapeutic option for comorbid anxiety and depression...