- HER2 status of circulating tumor cells in patients with metastatic breast cancer: a prospective, multicenter trialTanja Fehm
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Tubingen, Calwer Strasse 7, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 124:403-12. 2010..Therefore, it will be mandatory to correlate the assay-dependent HER2 status of CTCs to the clinical response on HER2-targeted therapies...
- Detection and characterization of circulating tumor cells in blood of primary breast cancer patients by RT-PCR and comparison to status of bone marrow disseminated cellsTanja Fehm
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Calwer Strasse 7, University Hospital of Tuebingen, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 11:R59. 2009....
- Hematogenous and lymphatic tumor cell dissemination may be detected in patients diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastMalgorzata Banys
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tuebingen, Calwerstrasse 7, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:801-8. 2012..The clinical relevance of these cells has to be further evaluated...
- Bone marrow versus sentinel lymph node involvement in breast cancer: a comparison of early hematogenous and early lymphatic tumor spreadAndreas D Hartkopf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tuebingen, Calwer Strasse 7, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:501-8. 2012..Conversely, a high correlation between nodal status and tumor size, histology, ER-status and lymph vessel invasion was found. Hematogenous and lymphatic tumor spread seem to be because of independent pathways of cancer progression...
- Expression of stem cell and epithelial-mesenchymal transition markers in primary breast cancer patients with circulating tumor cellsSabine Kasimir-Bauer
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital of Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 14:R15. 2012..Data were correlated with the presence of disseminated tumor cells (DTC) in the bone marrow (BM) and with clinicopathological data of the patients...
- Comparison of estrogen and progesterone receptor status of circulating tumor cells and the primary tumor in metastatic breast cancer patientsBahriye Aktas
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Essen, Hufelandstrase 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 122:356-60. 2011..It was the purpose of the present study (1) to reevaluate the ER/PR expression by CTCs and (2) to compare the hormone receptor status expression profile of CTCs with the primary tumor...
- Membrane-receptor initiated proliferative effects of dienogest in human breast cancer cellsHelen Schneck
University Women s Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:160-3. 2013..Data on breast cancer risk are currently not available. Progesterone receptor membrane component 1 (PGRMC1) is highly expressed in tissues of breast cancer patients and has already been proposed as a predictor for breast cancer risk...
- Primary systemic therapy does not eradicate disseminated tumor cells in breast cancer patientsSven Becker
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Tubingen University Hospital, Calwerstr 7, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 106:239-43. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the status of tumor cell dissemination after primary systemic therapy in relation to therapy response...
- Changes in tumour biological markers during primary systemic chemotherapy (PST)Hans Neubauer
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Anticancer Res 28:1797-804. 2008..The influence of primary systemic therapy (PST) on the expression of relevant therapeutic markers is still under investigation...
- Pooled analysis of the prognostic relevance of disseminated tumor cells in the bone marrow of patients with ovarian cancerTanja Fehm
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Dusseldorf, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:839-45. 2013..Recent studies demonstrated that DTCs may serve as a prognostic factor in ovarian cancer. The aim of this 3-center study was to evaluate the impact of BM status on survival in a large cohort of patients with ovarian cancer...
- Antitumor activity of zoledronic acid in primary breast cancer cells determined by the ATP tumor chemosensitivity assayTanja Fehm
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tubingen, Calwerstr 7 6, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
BMC Cancer 12:308. 2012..The purpose of this study was to compare the antitumor effect of Zol with standard chemotherapy in primary breast cancer cells using ATP-tumor chemosensitivity assay (ATP-TCA)...
- Cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC in peritoneal recurrent ovarian cancer: experience and lessons learnedIngmar Königsrainer
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 396:1077-81. 2011..De novo cytoreductive surgery is crucial with the potential to improve prognosis, especially when combined with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC)...
- Detection of cytokeratin-positive cells in the bone marrow of breast cancer patients undergoing adjuvant therapySven Becker
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 97:91-6. 2006..020). Adjuvant treatment regimens are not able to completely eliminate cytokeratin-positive cells from the bone marrow. Prospective studies need to evaluate, whether these cells could become targets for additional adjuvant therapy...
- Stem cell and epithelial-mesenchymal transition markers are frequently overexpressed in circulating tumor cells of metastatic breast cancer patientsBahriye Aktas
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 11:R46. 2009....
- Influence of pregnancy on bone density: a risk factor for osteoporosis? Measurements of the calcaneus by ultrasonometryBernhard Kraemer
University Hospital for Women, University of Tuebingen, Calwerstr 7, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:907-12. 2012..The study aim was to investigate whether there is a significant alteration in maternal bone density during normal pregnancy...
- HER2-positive DTCs/CTCs in breast cancerAndreas D Hartkopf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tuebingen, Calwer Strasse 7, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Recent Results Cancer Res 195:203-15. 2012..Phenotyping of CTCs/DTCs will thus help to understand mechanism of resistance to HER2-directed therapy. Moreover, patients that are likely to benefit from HER2-directed therapy despite a HER2-negative primary tumor might be identified. ..
- The PACOVAR-trial: a phase I/II study of pazopanib (GW786034) and cyclophosphamide in patients with platinum-resistant recurrent, pre-treated ovarian cancerMichael Eichbaum
University of Heidelberg Medical School, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Voss Str, 9, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:453. 2011..A combined therapy consisting of pazopanib and metronomic oral cyclophosphamide may offer a well-tolerable treatment option to patients with recurrent, pretreated EOC...
- Optimal treatment for patients with ectopic pregnancies and a history of fertility-reducing factorsSven Becker
Women s University Hospital, Tubingen University, Calwerstrasse 7, Tubingen, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 283:41-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate long-term reproductive outcome after salpingotomy versus salpingectomy in patients with and without additional fertility-reducing factors...
- Changing levels of circulating tumor cells in monitoring chemotherapy response in patients with metastatic breast cancerAndreas D Hartkopf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Tuebingen, Calwer Strasse 7, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Anticancer Res 31:979-84. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate whether changing CTC levels during the course of chemotherapy treatment would also be useful in monitoring response to treatment...
- Influence of platinum-based chemotherapy on disseminated tumor cells in blood and bone marrow of patients with ovarian cancerPauline Wimberger
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 107:331-8. 2007....
- A concept for the standardized detection of disseminated tumor cells in bone marrow from patients with primary breast cancer and its clinical implementationTanja Fehm
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Cancer 107:885-92. 2006....
- Mammotome versus ATEC: a comparison of two breast vacuum biopsy techniques under sonographic guidanceMarkus Hahn
Department for Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Calwerstr 7, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:287-92. 2010..The study evaluates the differences between the Mammotome (MT) and ATEC (A) vacuum biopsy (VB) of the breast in terms of diagnostic reliability, biopsy duration and complications...
- Acute twin-twin transfusion syndrome: a case reportSven Becker
Women s Hospital, Institute of Pathology, Tubingen University, Tubingen, Germany
J Reprod Med 52:953-5. 2007..Antepartum cases of acute TTTS are infrequently described in the literature despite the presence of vascular anastomoses in most monochorionic placentas...
- Lower extremity compartment syndrome after laparoscopic radical hysterectomy: brief report of an unusual complication of laparoscopic positioning requirementsBarbara Lawrenz
Tübingen University Women s Hospital, Tubingen University, Department of Surgery, Tubingen, Germany
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 18:531-3. 2011..We present a case report and review of the existing literature and discuss the main clinical features as well as preventive and therapeutic options...
- ATP chemosensitivity testing of new antitumor duplex drugs linking 3`-C-ethynylycytidine (ECyd) and 2´-deoxy-5-fluorouridine (5-FdU) in comparison to standard cytostatica and combinations thereofSarah Schott
Medical School, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, 69115, Germany
Invest New Drugs 29:506-13. 2011....
- Small cell carcinoma of vulva: curative multimodal treatment in face of resistance to initial standard chemotherapyFranziska Eckert
Department of Radiooncology, Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 186:521-4. 2010..However, of five reported cases of vulvar manifestation only one patient was disease-free at the time of publication with limited follow-up...
- Micrometastatic spread in breast cancer: detection, molecular characterization and clinical relevanceTanja Fehm
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Tübingen, Tubingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 10:S1. 2008..In addition, understanding tumor 'dormancy' and identifying metastatic stem cells might result in the development of new therapeutic concepts...
- Reduced pretreatment ovarian reserve in premenopausal female patients with Hodgkin lymphoma or non-Hodgkin-lymphoma--evaluation by using antimüllerian hormone and retrieved oocytesBarbara Lawrenz
University Women s Hospital, Department of Gynaecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Tubingen, Germany
Fertil Steril 98:141-4. 2012..To study whether the ovarian reserve in female lymphoma patients is already reduced before the start of chemotherapy...
- Oncolytic virotherapy of gynecologic malignanciesAndreas D Hartkopf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Tuebingen, Calwer Strasse 7, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 120:302-10. 2011..Here, we provide an overview of different OVs currently being used for virotherapy of gynecologic cancers and discuss challenges and implications for their future development...
- Her2 expression on disseminated tumor cells from bone marrow of breast cancer patientsSven Becker
Tubingen University Hospital, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Germany
Anticancer Res 25:2171-5. 2005..We studied the her2 expression in the BM of 105 patients with CK-positive cells present and compared it with results from the primary tumor...