- Effects of statins on human cerebral cholesterol metabolism and secretion of Alzheimer amyloid peptideK Fassbender
Department of Neurology, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Neurology 59:1257-8. 2002..However, these changes were not associated with altered intrathecal secretion of Alzheimer Abeta...
- The LPS receptor (CD14) links innate immunity with Alzheimer's diseaseK Fassbender
Department of Neurology, University of Goettingen, 37075 Goettingen, FRG
FASEB J 18:203-5. 2004....
- Endothelin-1 in subarachnoid hemorrhage: An acute-phase reactant produced by cerebrospinal fluid leukocytesK Fassbender
Department of Neurology, Clinic Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Stroke 31:2971-5. 2000..In our study, we performed clinical and in vitro experiments to investigate the origin and the mechanisms of the secretion of endothelin-1 in SAH...
- Simvastatin strongly reduces levels of Alzheimer's disease beta -amyloid peptides Abeta 42 and Abeta 40 in vitro and in vivoK Fassbender
Department of Neurology, Clinic Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor-Kutzer-Ufer 1-3, D-68167 Mannheim, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5856-61. 2001..Lowered levels of Abeta42 may provide the mechanism for the observed reduced incidence of dementia in statin-treated patients and may open up avenues for therapeutic interventions...
- Aggregation-Dependent interaction of the Alzheimer's beta-amyloid and microgliaF Muehlhauser
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:313-6. 2001..In the case of the living brain, the presence of deposits of fibrillar amyloid peptide could maintain a chronic microglial activation, ultimately leading to the progressive neurodegeneration associated with Alzheimer's disease...
- Temporal profile of release of interleukin-1beta in neurotraumaK Fassbender
Department of Neurology, University Clinic Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68135, Mannheim, Germany
Neurosci Lett 284:135-8. 2000..This so far unrecognized acuity of IL-1beta release demonstrated here, may represent a precondition for the orchestrating role of this mediator in the cascade of inflammatory host response...
- Alzheimer's disease: molecular concepts and therapeutic targetsK Fassbender
Department of Neurology, University Clinic Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Naturwissenschaften 88:261-7. 2001....
- Innate immune receptor expression in normal brain agingM Letiembre
University of Gottingen, Department of Neurology, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Neuroscience 146:248-54. 2007....
- Inflammatory cytokines in subarachnoid haemorrhage: association with abnormal blood flow velocities in basal cerebral arteriesK Fassbender
Department of Neurology, University Clinic Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor-Kutzer-Ufer, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 70:534-7. 2001..Together, these findings suggest a role of excessive compartmentalised inflammatory host response in pathogenesis of cerebrovascular complications after SAH...