- Highway or byway: the metabolic role of the GABA shunt in plantsAaron Fait
Department Willmitzer, Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Trends Plant Sci 13:14-9. 2008..We further evaluate technological developments that will likely allow us to address the quantitative importance of this shunt within the biological processes to which it contributes...
- Conserved changes in the dynamics of metabolic processes during fruit development and ripening across speciesSebastian Klie
Genes and Small Molecules Group, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Plant Physiol 164:55-68. 2014..These findings ultimately provide insights into the pathways that are essential during fruit development and ripening across species. ..
- Network analysis: tackling complex data to study plant metabolismDavid Toubiana
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Trends Biotechnol 31:29-36. 2013..The relationship between structural and biological roles of network components can be evaluated and employed to aid metabolic engineering...
- Reduced expression of succinyl-coenzyme A ligase can be compensated for by up-regulation of the gamma-aminobutyrate shunt in illuminated tomato leavesClaudia Studart-Guimaraes
Department Willmitzer, Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, 14476 Golm, Germany
Plant Physiol 145:626-39. 2007..The results are discussed in the context of current models of plant respiration in mitochondrial and cellular metabolism of the illuminated leaf...
- Reconfiguration of the achene and receptacle metabolic networks during strawberry fruit developmentAaron Fait
Abteilung Willmitzer, Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Potsdam Golm, Germany
Plant Physiol 148:730-50. 2008..The data are discussed within the context of current models both of the interaction of primary and secondary metabolism and of the metabolic interaction between the different plant organs...
- GABA shunt deficiencies and accumulation of reactive oxygen intermediates: insight from Arabidopsis mutantsAaron Fait
Department of Plant Sciences, Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
FEBS Lett 579:415-20. 2005..These results provide novel evidence for the relationship between the GABA shunt and ROI, which may, in part, explain the phenotype of SSADH-deficient plants and animals...
- The COMATOSE ATP-binding cassette transporter is required for full fertility in ArabidopsisSteven Footitt
Crop Performance and Improvement Division, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, UK
Plant Physiol 144:1467-80. 2007..Taken together, our data support an important role for beta-oxidation in fertility in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) and suggest that this pathway could play a role in the mobilization of lipids in both pollen and female tissues...
- The root-specific glutamate decarboxylase (GAD1) is essential for sustaining GABA levels in ArabidopsisNicolas Bouche
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Direction des Sciences du Vivant, Service de Bioenergetique, Gif sur Yvette, France
Plant Mol Biol 55:315-25. 2004..Our results show that the root-specific calcium/calmodulin-regulated GAD1 plays a major role in GABA synthesis in plants under normal growth conditions and in response to stress...
- Increasing amino acid supply in pea embryos reveals specific interactions of N and C metabolism, and highlights the importance of mitochondrial metabolismKathleen Weigelt
Leibniz Institut für Pflanzengenetik und Kulturpflanzenforschung, Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 55:909-26. 2008..These results demonstrate that legume seeds have a high capacity to regulate N:C ratios, and highlight the importance of mitochondria in the control of N-C balance and amino acid homeostasis...
- Mitochondrial succinic-semialdehyde dehydrogenase of the gamma-aminobutyrate shunt is required to restrict levels of reactive oxygen intermediates in plantsNicolas Bouche
School of Biology, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6843-8. 2003..Our work establishes a role for the GABA shunt in preventing the accumulation of reactive oxygen intermediates and cell death, which appears to be essential for plant defense against environmental stress...