Affiliation: Fachhochschule Bielefeld
- Forced treatment of patients with anorexiaCornelia Thiels
Department of Social Studies, University of Applied Sciences Bielefeld, Germany
Curr Opin Psychiatry 21:495-8. 2008..To consider clinical, ethical and legal approaches to forced feeding in patients with anorexia nervosa in the light of recent literature...
- [Survey of disordered eating and behaviour in children and adolescents]Cornelia Thiels
Fachbereich Sozialwesen, Fachhochschule Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 36:265-74. 2008..To study in children and adolescents associations between body mass index and psychosocial problems including those typical for eating disorders...
- Forced treatment of anorexic patients: part 2Cornelia Thiels
Department of Social Studies, University of Applied Sciences Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:497-500. 2009..The purpose of this review was to update and complement part 1 of this study. Clinical, ethical and legal approaches to forced treatment in patients with anorexia nervosa were considered in the light of recent literature...
- [Parental assessment of children's eating behaviors with a short form of the Anorectic Behavior Observation Scale]Cornelia Thiels
Fachhochschule Bielefeld, Bielefeld
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 37:525-33; quiz 533-4. 2009..To determine whether the Anorectic Behavior Observation Scale (ABOS) originally developed for clinical purposes can be used in epidemiological studies to assess parents' rating of their child's eating behavior...
- Gender differences in routine treatment of depressed outpatients with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor sertralineCornelia Thiels
Department of Social Sciences, University of Applied Sciences, Bielefeld, Germany
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:1-7. 2005..5 versus 46.5 mg/day) with no difference in the rate of psychoactive concomitant medication (6.76% versus 6.80%). There was no difference in side-effects, treatment termination or treatment response...