Affiliation: Evangelisches Krankenhaus
- Diagnosing delirium in older hospitalized adults with dementia: adapting the confusion assessment method to international classification of diseases, tenth revision, diagnostic criteriaChristine Thomas
Department of Geriatric Psychiatry, Centre of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ev Hospital Bielefeld Bethel, Bielefeld, Germany
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1471-7. 2012....
- [Diagnostic work-up and treatment of acute psycho-organic syndrome]C Thomas
Abteilung Gerontopsychiatrie, Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie Bethel, Evangelisches Krankenhaus Bielefeld, Gilead III, Bethesdaweg 12, 33617, Bielefeld, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 81:613-28; quiz 629-30. 2010..Only in a second step psychiatric medication is warranted with antipsychotic, antidepressant or sedation-inducing properties depending on the patient's symptoms...
- Serum anticholinergic activity and cerebral cholinergic dysfunction: an EEG study in frail elderly with and without deliriumChristine Thomas
Centre for Psychosocial Medicine, Department of General Psychiatry, University of Heidelberg, Vossstr, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Neurosci 9:86. 2008....
- Prolonged activation EEG differentiates dementia with and without delirium in frail elderly patientsC Thomas
Centre for Psychosocial Medicine, Department of General Psychiatry, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:119-25. 2008....
- Development of brain synchronisation within school-age--individual analysis of resting (α) coherence in a longitudinal data setDennis Gmehlin
Section of Experimental Psychopathology and Neurophysiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Neurophysiol 122:1973-83. 2011....
- P50 gating deficit in Alzheimer dementia correlates to frontal neuropsychological functionChristine Thomas
Centre for Psychosocial Medicine, Department of General Psychiatry, University of Heidelberg, Vossstr 2, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 31:416-24. 2010..In this study, we aimed to investigate inhibitory gating deficits of P50 in AD and their relation to neuropsychological measures...
- Age effects on preattentive and early attentive auditory processing of redundant stimuli: is sensory gating affected by physiological aging?Dennis Gmehlin
Abteilung für Gerontopsychiatrie, Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie Bethel, Evangelisches Krankenhaus Bielefeld, Bethesdaweg 12, 33617, Bielefeld, Germany
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 66:1043-53. 2011..Early attentive N100 gating showed the maximum effect. Further studies are warranted to evaluate sensory gating as a suitable biomarker of underlying neurodegenerative disease...
- Early detection of Alzheimer's disease: a new working memory paradigmMax Toepper
Centre of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Bethel, Department of Geriatric Psychiatry, Ev Hospital Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:272-8. 2008....
- Individual analysis of EEG background-activity within school age: impact of age and sex within a longitudinal data setDennis Gmehlin
Section of Experimental Psychopathology and Neurophysiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Heidelberg, Voss Straße 4, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Dev Neurosci 29:163-70. 2011....
- Hippocampal involvement in working memory encoding of changing locations: an fMRI studyMax Toepper
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Bethel, Ev Hospital Bielefeld EvKB, Remterweg 69 71, D 33617 Bielefeld, Germany
Brain Res 1354:91-9. 2010..In addition, whole-brain analysis showed working memory related frontal and parietal brain activation. The results indicate that hippocampal structures contribute to serial working memory encoding of spatial locations in the human brain...
- Functional correlates of distractor suppression during spatial working memory encodingM Toepper
Bender Institute of Neuroimaging BION, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Neuroscience 165:1244-53. 2010..Furthermore, our findings are in line with the processing model of a functional dorsolateral-ventrolateral prefrontal cortex organization...
- Do sex differences affect prefrontal cortex associated cognition in schizophrenia?Daniela Roesch-Ely
Department of General Adult Psychiatry, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Schizophr Res 107:255-61. 2009..There is evidence for sex differences in cognition in schizophrenia, but the results in the literature are still controversial...
- EEG changes and serum anticholinergic activity measured in patients with delirium in the intensive care unitK Plaschke
Department of Anaesthesiology, Medical Faculty of the University of Heidelberg, Germany
Anaesthesia 62:1217-23. 2007..We conclude that, in contrast to the EEG, the SAA level cannot be proposed as a tool for diagnosing delirium in ICU patients...
- Schizophrenia-spectrum psychoses in people with and without intellectual disabilityN Bouras
Estia Centre, York Clinic, Guy s Hospital, 47 Weston Street, London SE1 3RR, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 48:548-55. 2004....
- Vascular and Alzheimer-type pathology in an autopsy study of African-AmericansP Pytel
Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, IL, USA
Neurology 66:433-5. 2006..Two subjects exhibited changes of pure VaD, 5 had pure AD, and 6 showed a mixture of AD pathology and strokes. Overall, there was good agreement between the pathologic diagnoses and the clinical diagnoses...
- ["FRAGILE"-Old people and surgery]U Hestermann
Bethanien Krankenhaus, Geriatrisches Zentrum am Klinikum der Universität Heidelberg
Chirurg 76:28-34. 2005..Postoperative delirium, the most prevalent complication in surgical geriatric patients, is discussed in detail with regard to risk factors, prevalence, diagnosis, and therapeutic options...
- [Vasculo-Behcet's disease: imaging findings]C Thomas
Rofo 179:875-8. 2007
- GoosebumpsJ Cutts
Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington, MA 01805, USA
Lancet 360:690. 2002