Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Photobleaching GFP reveals protein dynamics inside live cellsJ White
Cell Biology and Cell Biophysics Programme, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Trends Cell Biol 9:61-5. 1999..This article revisits general photobleaching concepts, reviews what can be learned from them and discusses applications illustrating the potential of photobleaching GFP fusion proteins inside living cells...
- Rab6 coordinates a novel Golgi to ER retrograde transport pathway in live cellsJ White
Light Microscopy Group, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 147:743-60. 1999..Taken together, our results indicate Rab6 regulates a novel Golgi to ER transport pathway...
- Role of xklp3, a subunit of the Xenopus kinesin II heterotrimeric complex, in membrane transport between the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi apparatusN Le Bot
Cell Biology and Biophysics Program, European Molecular Biological Laboratory, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 143:1559-73. 1998..Taken together, these results indicate that Xklp3 is involved in the transport of tubular-vesicular elements between the ER and the Golgi apparatus...
- Multicolour imaging of post-Golgi sorting and trafficking in live cellsP Keller
Cell Biology/Biophysics Programme, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D-69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 3:140-9. 2001..Fusion with the plasma membrane was detected by total internal reflection microscopy and reveals differences between apical and basolateral carriers as well as new 'hot spots' for exocytosis...
- Spatial partitioning of secretory cargo from Golgi resident proteins in live cellsJ White
Light Microscopy Group, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrabe Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cell Biol 2:19. 2001..The amount of cargo and associated membrane may be significant compared to the amount of Golgi membrane and resident protein, but upon Golgi exit, cargo and resident are efficiently sorted. How this occurs in live cells is not known...
- Quantitative ER <--> Golgi transport kinetics and protein separation upon Golgi exit revealed by vesicular integral membrane protein 36 dynamics in live cellsT Dahm
Light Microscopy Group, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 12:1481-98. 2001....
- Localization of three human polypeptide GalNAc-transferases in HeLa cells suggests initiation of O-linked glycosylation throughout the Golgi apparatusS Rottger
Cell Biology Programme, EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Sci 111:45-60. 1998....