Parantu K Shah
Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Information extraction from full text scientific articles: where are the keywords?Parantu K Shah
Biocomputing, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 4:20. 2003..Several questions arise as to whether the effort of scanning full text articles is worthy, or whether the information that can be extracted from the different sections of an article can be relevant...
- LSAT: learning about alternative transcripts in MEDLINEParantu K Shah
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Bioinformatics 22:857-65. 2006..In this work, we choose the task of extracting information around this complex topic using a two-step procedure involving machine learning and information extraction...
- Computational characterization of multiple Gag-like human proteinsMonica Campillos
EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Trends Genet 22:585-9. 2006....
- Enhanced function annotations for Drosophila serine proteases: a case study for systematic annotation of multi-member gene familiesParantu K Shah
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, Germany
Gene 407:199-215. 2008..Utilization of such multi-fold approaches results in 10-fold increase of function annotation for Drosophila serine proteases and demonstrates value in increasing annotations in multiple genomes...
- PASBio: predicate-argument structures for event extraction in molecular biologyTuangthong Wattarujeekrit
National Institute of Informatics, National Center of Sciences, Hitotsubashi 2 1 2, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 8430, Japan
BMC Bioinformatics 5:155. 2004..In this article, we explore the need to adapt PAS for the MB domain and specify PAS frames to support IE, as well as outlining the major issues that require consideration in their construction...
- Evolutionary analysis of enzymes using ChiselAlexis A Rodriguez
Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 S Cass Ave, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Bioinformatics 23:2961-8. 2007..We also provide a thorough analysis of Chisel performance with other similar resources and manual annotations on Shewanella oneidensis MR1 genome...