Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Breaking ranks: how leukocytes react to developmental cues and tissue injuryFrancesca Peri
EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Opin Genet Dev 20:416-9. 2010..Ongoing work aims to understand how these distinct signals are integrated in the cell to determine different cellular responses...
- Live imaging of neuronal degradation by microglia reveals a role for v0-ATPase a1 in phagosomal fusion in vivoFrancesca Peri
Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Spemannstr 35, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Cell 133:916-27. 2008..As a real-time description of microglial phagocytosis in vivo, this work advances our understanding of microglial-mediated neuronal degeneration, a hallmark of many neuronal diseases...
- Long-range Ca2+ waves transmit brain-damage signals to microgliaDirk Sieger
EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Dev Cell 22:1138-48. 2012..Thus, this real-time analysis reveals the existence of a mechanism controlling microglial targeted migration to neuronal injuries that is initiated by glutamate and proceeds across the brain in the form of a Ca2+ wave...
- Animal models for studying microglia: the first, the popular, and the newDirk Sieger
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Glia 61:3-9. 2013..In our view the availability of different systems for studying microglia will lead to a more comprehensive understanding of their functions...
- Microglia in the developing brain: from immunity to behaviourTimm Schlegelmilch
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Opin Neurobiol 21:5-10. 2011..Therefore a detailed understanding of microglia under physiological conditions may open unprecedented perspectives in the prevention and treatment of neuropsychiatric diseases...
- Mechanisms of Gurken-dependent pipe regulation and the robustness of dorsoventral patterning in DrosophilaFrancesca Peri
Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Universitat zu Koln, Gyrhofstr 17, D 50923 Köln, Germany
Development 129:2965-75. 2002..This indicates that potent inhibitory processes prevent pipe dependent Toll activation at the dorsal side of the egg...