Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Nuclear pore complexes form immobile networks and have a very low turnover in live mammalian cellsN Daigle
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 154:71-84. 2001..Assembly and immobilization of both nucleoporins occurred before detectable recruitment of lamin B1, which is thus unlikely to mediate initiation of NPC assembly at the end of mitosis...
- Nuclear envelope breakdown in starfish oocytes proceeds by partial NPC disassembly followed by a rapidly spreading fenestration of nuclear membranesPeter Lenart
Gene Expression and Cell Biology Biophysics Programmes, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 160:1055-68. 2003....
- Dynamics and mobility of nuclear envelope proteins in interphase and mitotic cells revealed by green fluorescent protein chimerasJ Ellenberg
Gene Expression and Cell Biology Biophysics Programmes, EMBL, Menehofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, D 69117, Germany
Methods 19:362-72. 1999..In this review, we present a summary of the results from such studies and discuss the photobleaching and imaging methodology on which they were derived...
- Nucleocytoplasmic transport: diffusion channel or phase transition?G Rabut
Gene Expression and Cell Biology Biophysics Programmes, European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Biol 11:R551-4. 2001..Recent kinetic measurements of transport rates through the pore have led to a novel translocation model that elegantly combines selectivity with very high transport rates...
- Automatic real-time three-dimensional cell tracking by fluorescence microscopyG Rabut
Gene Expression and Cell Biology Biophysics Programmes, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Microsc 216:131-7. 2004..Combined with automated multiple location revisiting, this method dramatically increases the throughput of high-resolution live cell imaging experiments...