- [Hemangiomas and vascular malformations in the area of the head and neck]U Ernemann
Abteilung fur Neuroradiologie, Radiologische Universitätsklinik Tübingen
Radiologe 43:958-66. 2003..In this review we present guidelines for the diagnostic assessment of paediatric patients with vascular anomalies in the head and neck region. The indications for treatment are discussed and therapeutic options are outlined...
- Current concepts of the interventional treatment of proximal supraaortic vessel stenosisUlrike Ernemann
Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Germany
Vasa 41:313-8. 2012..A systematic review of data for angioplasty and stenting of symptomatic extracranial vertebral artery stenosis is discussed with a special focus on restenosis rate...
- Vertebral artery dissection presenting with ispilateral acute C5 and C6 sensorimotor radiculopathy: A case reportGhazaleh Tabatabai
Center of Neurology and Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Germany
Cases J 1:139. 2008..These symptoms completely resolved after anticoagulation and physical therapy...
- Current concepts in the classification, diagnosis and treatment of vascular anomaliesUlrike Ernemann
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Radiological Clinic, University Hospital Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 75:2-11. 2010....
- An MRI view of a ruptured dermoid cystUlrike Ernemann
Department of Neuroradiology, University of Tubingen Medical School, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Neurology 66:270. 2006
- [Interdisciplinary concept for classification and treatment of vascular anomalies in the head and neck]U Ernemann
Abteilung fur Neuroradiologie, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 6:402-9. 2002..We analyzed the value of an interdisciplinary classification and treatment concept...
- Primary cerebral non-Langerhans cell histiocytosis: MRI and differential diagnosisU Ernemann
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, German
Neuroradiology 44:759-63. 2002..Whereas the cutaneous form of juvenile xanthogranuloma is usually benign and self-limited, central nervous system involvement is associated with high morbidity and mortality and might therefore be considered a separate clinical entity...
- Intraorbital aneurysm of the ophthalmic artery: a rare cause of apex orbitae compression syndromeUlrike Ernemann
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:575-7. 2002..The purpose of this study was to report the case of a patient with a saccular, intraorbital aneurysm of the ophthalmic artery and to analyze the correlation between clinical symptoms and aneurysm localization with regard to the literature...
- Sinogram affirmed iterative reconstruction in head CT: improvement of objective and subjective image quality with concomitant radiation dose reductionA Korn
Department of Diagnostic und Interventional Neuroradiology, Hoppe Seyler Straße 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 82:1431-5. 2013....
- High-pitch dual-source CT angiography of supra-aortic arteries: assessment of image quality and radiation doseA Korn
Department of Diagnostic und Interventional Neuroradiology, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Neuroradiology 55:423-30. 2013..High-pitch CT angiography (CTA) is a recent innovation that allows significant shortening of scan time with volume coverage of 43 mm per second. The aim of our study was to assess this technique in CTA of the head and neck...
- Drug coated stents for carotid interventionG Tepe
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 46:249-59. 2005..Currently, no clinical data on drug eluting stents in carotid arteries are available. This article discusses the current literature on carotid artery stenting and the potential role of drug eluting stents in this field...
- Rosai-Dorfman disease involving the cranial base, paranasal sinuses and spinal cordJ Kaminsky
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Tubingen, Germany
Clin Neuropathol 24:194-200. 2005..The individual management of Rosai-Dorfman disease may be challenging due to diffuse involvement of neurovascular structures at the skull base...
- Automatic bone and plaque removal using dual energy CT for head and neck angiography: feasibility and initial performance evaluationC Thomas
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 76:61-7. 2010..We sought to evaluate the feasibility and efficiency of dual energy (DE) bone and plaque removal in head and neck CT angiography...
- Atypical teratoid-rhabdoid tumor spreading along the trigeminal nerveR Beschorner
Institute of Brain Research, Tubingen, Germany
Pediatr Neurosurg 42:258-63. 2006..The origin of the trigeminal tumor as a late metastasis of the former ATRT or as a less likely irradiation-induced secondary ATRT and the operative approach are discussed...
- [Polytopic manifestations of paragangliomas. Diagnosis, differential diagnosis and indications for therapy]J Hoffmann
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Gesichtschirurgie Tübingen, Deutschland
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 4:53-6. 2000..The extent of this tumors is clearly illustrated by use of an angiography. Because of the familial predisposition, clinical and radiological examinations of relatives are mandatory...
- Objective criteria for successful transsphenoidal removal of suprasellar nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas. A prospective studyJ Honegger
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:21-9; discussion 29. 2007....
- [Image-guided navigation for the control interstitial laser therapy of vascular malformations in the head and neck region]J Hoffmann
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Gesichtschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen
Biomed Tech (Berl) 49:199-201. 2004..The results suggest that navigation-guided LITT can be performed safely, preserving vital structures from collateral thermal damage...
- Spinal pilocytic astrocytoma: MR imaging findings at first presentation and following surgeryM Horger
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 79:389-99. 2011..The objective of this article is to describe MR imaging findings of spinal cord pilocytic astrocytomas at first presentation and following neurosurgery and to discuss briefly some of the most common differential diagnoses...
- Primary melanocytic lesions of the CNS: report of five casesD Freudenstein
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Zentralbl Neurochir 65:146-53. 2004..Adjuvant radiation seems to be of additional therapeutic benefit. Except for meningeosis melanomatosa chemotherapy must be regarded as experimental. Unfortunately, a standardised therapy concept is still lacking...
- [Temporary, undefined, unilateral eyeball movement disorder]P S Mauz
Universitäts Hals Nasen Ohren Klinik Tübingen
HNO 52:1006-8. 2004
- Diffusion tensor imaging in a human PET/MR hybrid systemAndreas Boss
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Invest Radiol 45:270-4. 2010....
- Extradural ependymal tumor with myxopapillary and ependymoblastic differentiation in a case of Schinzel-Giedion syndromeRudi Beschorner
Institute of Brain Research, Eberhard Karls University, Medical School, Tuebingen, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 113:339-46. 2007..The present case is the first report on an ependymal tumor with a mixture of myxopapillary, anaplastic and ependymoblastic features and the first report on an ependymal tumor arising on the genetic background of SGS...
- Image-guided sphenoid wing meningioma resection and simultaneous computer-assisted cranio-orbital reconstruction: technical case reportCarsten Westendorff
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tubingen University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Neurosurgery 60:ONSE173-4; discussion ONSE174. 2007..Rapid prototyping techniques have become widely used for treatment planning. Yet, the transfer of a treatment plan into the intraoperative situs strongly depends on the experience of the individual surgeon...
- The regional distribution of T2-relaxation times in MR images of the substantia nigra and crus cerebriConstantin Mänz
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University of Tubingen, Hope Seyler Str 3, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Neuroradiology 52:745-50. 2010..The purpose of our study was to evaluate the depiction of the SN and the CC on calculated R2 maps by analyzing the regional distribution of T2 values in both regions...
- Tracer kinetics analysis of dynamic contrast-enhanced CT and MR data in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract: comparison of the resultsSotirios Bisdas
Department of Neuroradiology, Eberhard Karls University, Hoppe Seyler Str, Tübingen 3 D 72076, Germany
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 29:339-46. 2009..ii) To compare functional parameters derived by both modalities and examine the interchangeability of them as well as the intra- and inter-rater agreement...
- Water diffusivity: comparison of primary CNS lymphoma and astrocytic tumor infiltrating the corpus callosumMarius Horger
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Eberhard Karls University, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:1384-7. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine whether lymphoma and astrocytic tumor infiltrating the corpus callosum can be reliably differentiated with measurement of water diffusivity...
- Hybrid PET/MRI of intracranial masses: initial experiences and comparison to PET/CTAndreas Boss
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Nucl Med 51:1198-205. 2010....
- Automatic lumen segmentation in calcified plaques: dual-energy CT versus standard reconstructions in comparison with digital subtraction angiographyChristoph Thomas
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen 72076, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:1590-5. 2010..The objective of this study is to compare the accuracy of visual grading of stenoses after plaque removal with visual grading in standard reconstructions. Digital subtraction angiography (DSA) was used as a reference standard...
- Imaging of primary and secondary inflammatory diseases involving large and medium-sized vessels and their potential mimics: a multitechnique approachDaniel Spira
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Eberhard Karls University, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:848-56. 2010..The purpose of this article is to illustrate multitechnique imaging findings in patients with primary and secondary vasculitides involving large and medium-sized vessels and their mimics...
- An exploratory pilot study into the association between microcirculatory parameters derived by MRI-based pharmacokinetic analysis and glucose utilization estimated by PET-CT imaging in head and neck cancerSotirios Bisdas
Department of Neuroradiology, Eberhard Karls University Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Eur Radiol 20:2358-66. 2010....
- Subdural hygroma as a complication of endoscopic neurosurgery--two case reportsDirk Freudenstein
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Eberhard Karls University Tübingen, Tubingen, Germany
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 42:554-9. 2002..The possible etiologies and clinical consequences of this rare complication have to be considered before selecting neuroendoscopy treatment...
- Management and outcome after internal carotid artery laceration during surgery of the paranasal sinusesAssen Koitschev
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 126:730-8. 2006..Immediate management is critical and requires interdisciplinary cooperation between the otolaryngologist and interventional neuroradiologist...
- Growth modelling of non-functioning pituitary adenomas in patients referred for surgeryJuergen Honegger
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tuebingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 158:287-94. 2008..However, it is still unknown how individual pituitary adenomas grow over years and whether growth kinetics follow a distinct growth model. The objective of this study was to define a growth model for non-functioning pituitary adenomas...
- Central retinal artery occlusion secondary to spontaneous internal carotid artery dissectionUlrike Schneider
University Eye Clinic Tübingen, Department I, Radiological Clinic, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Retina 24:979-81. 2004
- Aortic dissection mimicking subarachnoidal hemorrhageBoris Nohé
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Germany
Anesth Analg 101:233-4, table of contents. 2005....
- Fludarabine may induce durable remission in patients with leptomeningeal involvement of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaStefan Knop
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Tubingen University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1593-8. 2005..We conclude that fludarabine may be useful in meningeal involvement of CLL with impact on systemic disease...
- Delayed otogenic hydrocephalus after acute otitis media in pediatric patients: the changing presentation of a serious otologic complicationAssen Koitschev
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of TübingenTübingen, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 125:1230-5. 2005..We therefore advocate that the MRI scans of patients with similar symptoms should be carefully studied to facilitate the early diagnosis of a potentially life-threatening complication...
- Switching on the lights for real-time multimodality tumor neuroimaging: The integrated positron-emission tomography/MR imaging systemS Bisdas
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:610-4. 2010..The aim of this communication is to discuss the benefits and current drawbacks of the hybrid imaging system and to highlight some perspectives of the new technique for brain neoplasms...
- Navigation-assisted sclerotherapy of orbital venolymphatic malformation: a new guidance technique for percutaneous treatment of low-flow vascular malformationsUlrike Ernemann
Department of Neuroradiology, Tubingen University Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:1792-5. 2004..By using a surgical navigation system (Vector Vision, BrainLAB, Munich, Germany), multiplanar target lesion visualization was performed after fusion of CT and MR imaging data, which allowed precise puncture planning...
- Dual energy CTA of the carotid bifurcation: advantage of plaque subtraction for assessment of grade of the stenosis and morphologyA Korn
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, University of Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Radiol 80:e120-5. 2011..Aim of the study was to evaluate the diagnostic value of 3D-MIP images after subtraction of bone and calcified plaques (PBS) using dual energy CT for the assessment of carotid bifurcation stenoses...
- Pseudoaneurysm of the superior thyroid artery following radiotherapy for hypopharyngeal cancerUlrike Ernemann
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 112:188-90. 2003..We present a case of a ruptured pseudoaneurysm of the superior thyroid artery that was probably induced by radiation vasculopathy and was successfully treated by embolization therapy...
- Treatment of venous malformations--comparison to lymphatic malformationsM Schumacher
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Freiburg, Germany
Lymphology 41:139-46. 2008..A promising substance for treatment of venous malformations is an Ethanol mixture with Ethylcellulose at a higher viscosity, which is under evaluation in a multicenter-study...
- Preoperative embolization of cervical spine osteoblastomas: report of three casesJ Trübenbach
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1910-2. 2006..The postoperative course was uneventful in all patients. Preoperative embolization is a valuable adjunct to the surgical treatment of osteoblastomas of the cervical spine...
- Common and uncommon imaging findings in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) with differential diagnostic considerationsM Horger
Department of Radiology, Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Eberhard Karls University, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 114:1123-30. 2012..To provide a practical review of the spectrum of possible imaging findings in patients with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) and to address differentials...
- Hemodynamic evaluation during balloon test occlusion of the sigmoid sinus: clinical and technical considerationsUlrike Ernemann
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:179-82. 2005..On the basis of the hemodynamic findings, permanent balloon occlusion was carried out without complications...
- [Arteriovenous malformation of the mandible: life-threatening manifestation during tooth extraction]Susanne Kluba
Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Klinik und Poliklinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Gesichtschirurgie, Osianderstr 2 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 11:107-13. 2007..The treatment of choice is superselective embolisation followed by surgical resection of the vascular nidus, which should be performed by under an interdisciplinary approach...
- Is there a role for benzodiazepines in the management of lumbar disc prolapse with acute sciatica?Doris Brötz
Department of General Neurology, University of Tubingen Medical School, Tubingen, Germany
Pain 149:470-5. 2010..0015). Benzodiazepines should not be used routinely in patients treated with mechanical physiotherapy for lumbar disc prolapse...
- Differentiating imaging findings in primary and secondary tumors of the jugular foramenHubert Löwenheim
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 29:1-11; discussion 12-13. 2006..The present study describes and discusses the main differentiating imaging features of lesions involving the jugular foramen, whose accurate preoperative radiological evaluation is essential for proper surgical planning...
- Systematic review of early recurrent stenosis after carotid angioplasty and stentingKlaus Gröschel
Department of General Neurology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Stroke 36:367-73. 2005..Aside from the periprocedural complication rates, the benefits of CAS will be affected by the incidence of recurrent carotid stenosis...
- Clinical predictors of transient ischemic attack, stroke, or death within 30 days of carotid angioplasty and stentingAndreas Kastrup
Department of Neurology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Stroke 36:787-91. 2005..However, little data are available concerning patient-related factors affecting the risk of CAS. The purpose of this study was to identify potential clinical risk factors for the development of postprocedural deficits after CAS...
- Recurrent spinal fistula as result of a rare combination of a perimedullary and peridural spinal fistula: case reportMatthias Hubert Morgalla
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Surg Neurol 61:347-52. 2004..The clinical course and diagnostic steps reveal important observations helpful in the management of this pathology...
- Moving along with Ross syndrome--a patient with a 50 years historyChristoph Beier
J Neurol 251:1402-3. 2004
- Size matters! Stent-length is associated with thrombembolic complications after carotid artery stentingKlaus Gröschel
Stroke 39:e131-2; author reply e133. 2008
- Statin therapy at carotid angioplasty and stent placement: effect on procedure-related stroke, myocardial infarction, and deathKlaus Gröschel
Department of Neurology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Radiology 240:145-51. 2006..To retrospectively determine if preprocedural statin treatment is associated with a reduction of cardiovascular events after carotid angioplasty and stent placement (CAS) in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis...
- Comparison of angioplasty and stenting with cerebral protection versus endarterectomy for treatment of internal carotid artery stenosis in elderly patientsAndreas Kastrup
Department of Neurology, University of Tubingen
J Vasc Surg 40:945-51. 2004..Because CAS does not require general anesthesia and is less traumatic, it might be especially advantageous in older patients, but data comparing these 2 treatment methods in older patients are scarce...
- Incidence and risk factors for medical complications after carotid artery stentingKlaus Gröschel
Department of Neurology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Vasc Surg 42:1101-6; discussion 1106-7. 2005..The goal of this study was to determine the frequency of, and to identify potential clinical risk factors for, the development of medical complications after CAS...
- Stenting of vertebrobasilar arteries in symptomatic atherosclerotic disease and acute occlusion: case series and review of the literatureOlaf Eberhardt
Department of General Neurology, Neurological Clinic, Center for Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Vasc Surg 43:1145-54. 2006..In patients with high-grade stenoses, and especially those refractory to medication, stenting offers the chance to restore normal flow and prevent major strokes...