- Prospects for endothelial transplantationKatrin Engelmann
University Eye Hospital, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus at the TU Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, Dresden 01307, Germany
Exp Eye Res 78:573-8. 2004..After establishing methods for the isolation and in vitro cultivation of human corneal endothelial cells (HCEC), transplantation of these cells may be an alternative therapeutic option...
- RPE cell cultivationKatrin Engelmann
University Eye Hospital Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 242:65-7. 2004
- First experiences with high-density silicone oil (Densiron) as an intraocular tamponade in complex retinal detachmentDirk Sandner
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, University of Technology Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:609-19. 2006..In this study, we evaluated the anatomic and functional outcome and intraocular adverse effects after a 3-month endotamponade with Densiron 68, a mixture of F(6)H(8) with silicone oil, in complex inferior re-detachments...
- High-density silicone oil (Densiron) as a primary intraocular tamponade: 12-month follow upDirk Sandner
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:1097-105. 2007..In an interventional case series we used Densiron as a primary endotamponade...
- Overexpression of human HMW FGF-2 but not LMW FGF-2 reduces the cytotoxic effect of lentiviral gene transfer in human corneal endothelial cellsMonika Valtink
Institute of Anatomy, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, Dresden, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:3207-14. 2012..The effect of FGF-2 overexpression of each of the five known isoforms on HCEC cell survival after lentiviral gene transfer in different culture media was investigated...
- Serum-free cultivation of adult normal human choroidal melanocytesMonika Valtink
Tissue Engineering Laboratories, Biotechnological Centre BIOTEC, University of Technology Dresden, Tatzberg 47 51, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:1487-94. 2007..We therefore sought to establish a protocol to cultivate normal human choroidal melanocytes (NHCMs) without these supplements...
- Anatomical and functional results of endotamponade with heavy silicone oil - Densiron 68 - in complicated retinal detachmentErdmuth Herbrig
Department of Ophthalmology, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Ophthalmic Res 39:198-206. 2007..Previous studies describe satisfying anatomical and functional results. In this study we examined the largest cohort so far for a 9-month follow-up and performed a comparison to conventional silicone oil...
- Evidence of toxic side effects of perfluorohexyloctane after vitreoretinal surgery as well as in previously established in vitro models with ocular cell typesSylvia Mertens
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde des Universitätsklinikums Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:989-95. 2002....
- Two clonal cell lines of immortalized human corneal endothelial cells show either differentiated or precursor cell characteristicsMonika Valtink
Tissue Engineering Laboratories, Biotechnology Center, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 187:286-94. 2008..It is concluded that the clonal cell line B4G12 represents an ideal model of differentiated HCEC, while H9C1 may reflect features of developing or transitional HCEC...
- Endogenous Gas6 and Ca2+ -channel activation modulate phagocytosis by retinal pigment epitheliumMike O Karl
University Eye Hospital Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Cell Signal 20:1159-68. 2008..These results suggest that L-type Ca(2+)-channels could be regulated downstream of both MerTK and alphavbeta5-integrin, indicating that the binding and uptake mechanisms of phagocytosis are part of a converging pathway...
- Thermo-responsive poly(NiPAAm-co-DEGMA) substrates for gentle harvest of human corneal endothelial cell sheetsMirko Nitschke
Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden, Max Bergmann Center of Biomaterials Dresden, Hohe Strasse 6, 01069 Dresden, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 80:1003-10. 2007..Altogether, the introduced thermoresponsive coating was found advantageous for the efficient generation of HCEC sheets and will be further utilized in transplantation strategies...
- Cell culture conditions affect RPE phagocytic functionMike O Karl
Department of Ophthalmology, Cornea Bank, University Eye Clinic Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg 20246, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:981-91. 2007..Main goals in RPE tissue engineering are cell propagation in serum-free defined culture conditions, resulting in cells exhibiting differentiated morphology and functioning in vitro...
- EGF suppresses hydrogen peroxide induced Ca2+ influx by inhibiting L-type channel activity in cultured human corneal endothelial cellsStefan Mergler
Medizinische Klinik m S Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Exp Eye Res 80:285-93. 2005..As EGF overcomes H2O2-induced rises in [Ca2+]i, its presence during eye bank storage could improve the outcome of corneal transplant surgery...
- Lipid-mediated gene transfer of acidic fibroblast growth factor into human corneal endothelial cellsHaike Dannowski
Department of Ophthalmology, , Campus Virchowklinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin D-13353, Germany
Exp Eye Res 80:93-101. 2005..This may indicate that even a low transfection rate is sufficient to produce a concentration of FGF-1 that will have a stimulatory effect on HCECs...
- Experimental rat model for therapeutic retinal pigment epithelium transplantation--unequivocal microscopic identification of human donor cells by in situ hybridisation of human-specific Alu sequencesBeate Warncke
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 444:74-81. 2004..Application of these ISH methods for species-specific identification was valuable for follow-up-studies of RPE transplantation...
- Activation and role of MAP kinase-dependent pathways in retinal pigment epithelium cells: JNK1, P38 kinase, and cell deathChristiane Hecquet
Cordeliers Biomedical Institute, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Unit 450, National Center for Scientific Research, Paris, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:1320-9. 2003..Parallel upstream signaling pathways and cross talk between the two kinases suggest that the regulation of signaling in RPE cell death is complex...
- cAMP inhibits the proliferation of retinal pigmented epithelial cells through the inhibition of ERK1/2 in a PKA-independent mannerChristiane Hecquet
, INSERM U. 450, , , France
Oncogene 21:6101-12. 2002..These data may have important implications for the development of more selective models for retinal anti-proliferative therapies...
- Activation and role of MAP kinase-dependent pathways in retinal pigment epithelial cells: ERK and RPE cell proliferationChristiane Hecquet
Cordeliers Biomedical Institut, National Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM) Unit 450, Center for Scientific Research, Paris, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:3091-8. 2002..These data may have important implications for the development of more selective methods for the inhibition of retinal proliferation...
- Use of an oil-hydraulic microinjection pump for subretinal infusionsJudith Weichel
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Hamburg, Germany
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 33:340-2. 2002..We suggest the oil-hydraulic microinjection pump to be a valuable instrument for controlled and precisely dosed atraumatic infusion or aspiration of small volumes of cell suspensions, fluids or drugs in vitreoretinal surgery...