- Paulick M, Winkler J, Kersten S, Schatzmayr D, Schwartz Zimmermann H, DÃ¤nicke S. Studies on the bioavailability of deoxynivalenol (DON) and DON sulfonate (DONS) 1, 2, and 3 in pigs fed with sodium sulfite-treated DON-contaminated maize. Toxins (Basel). 2015;7:4622-44 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the fact that DONS was not detectable in systemic blood requires further investigations regarding their ingestive and/or metabolic fate. ..
- Tesch T, Bannert E, Kluess J, Frahm J, Kersten S, Breves G, et al. Does Dietary Deoxynivalenol Modulate the Acute Phase Reaction in Endotoxaemic Pigs?--Lessons from Clinical Signs, White Blood Cell Counts, and TNF-Alpha. Toxins (Basel). 2015;8: pubmed publisher..DON_LPS(jug.)-CON(por.) resulted in a lower temperature rise (p = 0.08) compared to CON_LPS(jug.)-CON(por.). In conclusion, APR resulting from a post-hepatic immune stimulus was altered by chronic DON-feeding. ..
- DÃ¤nicke S. Toxic effects, metabolism, and carry-over of ergot alkaloids in laying hens, with a special focus on changes of the alkaloid isomeric ratio in feed caused by hydrothermal treatment. Mycotoxin Res. 2016;32:37-52 pubmed publisher....
- Bernhardt K, Valenta H, Kersten S, Humpf H, DÃ¤nicke S. Determination of T-2 toxin, HT-2 toxin, and three other type A trichothecenes in layer feed by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)--comparison of two sample preparation methods. Mycotoxin Res. 2016;32:89-97 pubmed publisher....
- Schumann B, Winkler J, Mickenautsch N, Warnken T, Dänicke S. Effects of deoxynivalenol (DON), zearalenone (ZEN), and related metabolites on equine peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) in vitro and background occurrence of these toxins in horses. Mycotoxin Res. 2016;32:153-61 pubmed publisher..Whether this reflects simply the feeding history of the horses or renal failures giving rise to a prolonged half-life of the toxins needs to be clarified further. ..
- Winkler J, Gödde J, Meyer U, Frahm J, Westendarp H, Dänicke S. Fusarium toxin-contaminated maize in diets of growing bulls: effects on performance, slaughtering characteristics, and transfer into physiological liquids. Mycotoxin Res. 2016;32:127-35 pubmed publisher..Urine and blood toxin residue levels can be used to assess exposure of bulls. ..
- Danicke S, Moors E, Beineke A, Gauly M. Ascaridia galli infection of pullets and intestinal viscosity: consequences for nutrient retention and gut morphology. Br Poult Sci. 2009;50:512-20 pubmed publisher..7. Histopathology of jejunal and ileal sections revealed no pathological alterations. 8. The apparent retention of organic matter was increased after enzyme addition while parasite infection exerted no effect...
- Dänicke S, Brosig B, Klunker L, Kahlert S, Kluess J, Doll S, et al. Systemic and local effects of the Fusarium toxin deoxynivalenol (DON) are not alleviated by dietary supplementation of humic substances (HS). Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:979-88 pubmed publisher..These changes had no consequences for nutrient digestibility or LPS levels in systemic blood (0.02-0.08 EU/mL). As portal LPS levels were not measured, FUS effects on intestinal LPS translocation cannot be excluded. ..
- Dänicke S, Brezina U. Kinetics and metabolism of the Fusarium toxin deoxynivalenol in farm animals: consequences for diagnosis of exposure and intoxication and carry over. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;60:58-75 pubmed publisher..The situation is further complicated by the lack of established relationships between DON residues in physiological matrices and the adverse effects of DON on the health and performance of farm animals. ..
- Schwartz Zimmermann H, Fruhmann P, DÃ¤nicke S, Wiesenberger G, Caha S, Weber J, et al. Metabolism of deoxynivalenol and deepoxy-deoxynivalenol in broiler chickens, pullets, roosters and turkeys. Toxins (Basel). 2015;7:4706-29 pubmed publisher....
- Danicke S, Beineke A, Rautenschlein S, Valenta H, Kersten S, Gauly M. Ascaridia galli infection affects pullets differently when feed is contaminated with the Fusarium toxin deoxynivalenol (DON). Vet Parasitol. 2013;198:351-63 pubmed publisher..galli might increase the susceptibility towards DON as indicated by an increased DON absorption rate and a compromised antibody formation. The effects of DON on fecundity and worm morphology require further examination...
- Tienken R, Kersten S, Frahm J, Hüther L, Meyer U, Huber K, et al. Effects of Prepartum Dietary Energy Level and Nicotinic Acid Supplementation on Immunological, Hematological and Biochemical Parameters of Periparturient Dairy Cows Differing in Parity. Animals (Basel). 2015;5:910-33 pubmed publisher..The overfeeding of energy to cows which were similar in body condition score had only minor effects on periparturient immune system function and the metabolism of those cows. ..
- Tienken R, Kersten S, Hüther L, Frahm J, Meyer U, Dänicke S. Relative Bioavailability of Niacin Supplements for Dairy Cows: Effects of Rumen Protection and of Feed Processing. Vet Sci. 2015;2:440-455 pubmed publisher..Pelleting seemed not to influence the relative bioavailability. ..