Klaus Peter Dieckmann
- Dieckmann K, Gehrckens R. Thrombosis of abdominal aorta during cisplatin-based chemotherapy of testicular seminoma - a case report. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:459 pubmed publisher..This is the first case of endo-aortic thrombosis during chemotherapy for testicular germ cell cancer. Providers of chemotherapy must be aware of arterial thrombosis even in young patients with testicular cancer. ..
- Dieckmann K, Struss W, Budde U. Evidence for acute vascular toxicity of cisplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with germ cell tumour. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:4501-5 pubmed..Long-term vascular complications of chemotherapy appear to be different, pathogenetically. ..
- Dieckmann K, Dralle Filiz I, Matthies C, Heinzelbecker J, Bedke J, Ellinger J, et al. Testicular seminoma clinical stage 1: treatment outcome on a routine care level. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:1599-607 pubmed publisher..Importantly, one course Carboplatin involved low efficacy to control the disease in large tumors. ..
- Dieckmann K, Radtke A, Spiekermann M, Balks T, Matthies C, Becker P, et al. Serum Levels of MicroRNA miR-371a-3p: A Sensitive and Specific New Biomarker for Germ Cell Tumours. Eur Urol. 2017;71:213-220 pubmed publisher..7% of patients and thus is far more sensitive and specific than classical serum markers. It correlates with tumour burden and treatment results. Validation in a large patient cohort is needed. ..
- Dieckmann K, Endsin G, Pichlmeier U. How valid is the prenatal estrogen excess hypothesis of testicular germ cell cancer? A case control study on hormone-related factors. Eur Urol. 2001;40:677-83; discussion 684 pubmed..But, assessing the negative results of this study in light of equally negative results in previous investigations, the estrogen excess hypothesis still remains to be hypothetic. ..
- Dieckmann K, Henke R, Ovenbeck R. Renal actinomycosis mimicking renal carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2001;39:357-9 pubmed..As nephrectomy may prove hazardous in these cases, the diagnosis should be attempted pre-operatively by ultrasound-guided aspiration and consecutive antibiotic treatment. In selected cases surgery could be avoided at all...
- Dieckmann K, Lauke H, Michl U, Winter E, Loy V. Testicular germ cell cancer despite previous local radiotherapy to the testis. Eur Urol. 2002;41:643-9; discussion 649-50 pubmed..Other explanations, though less probable, could be technical radiotherapeutic failure due to targeting problems and a pre-existing radioresistent germ cell tumour in the irradiated testicle. ..
- Dieckmann K, Loy V. False-negative biopsies for the diagnosis of testicular intraepithelial neoplasia (TIN)--an update. Eur Urol. 2003;43:516-21 pubmed..Two-site biopsies would probably increase the accuracy of the biopsy in high risk cases. ..
- Dieckmann K, Pichlmeier U. Clinical epidemiology of testicular germ cell tumors. World J Urol. 2004;22:2-14 pubmed..Thus, the sum of evidence corresponds to level III b. This concept is appealing because it would explain several hitherto unexplained epidemiological features of GCT. ..
- Dieckmann K, Albers P, Classen J, de Wit M, Pichlmeier U, Rick O, et al. Late relapse of testicular germ cell neoplasms: a descriptive analysis of 122 cases. J Urol. 2005;173:824-9 pubmed..These latter subgroups should be followed with annual health examinations for at least 10 years. ..
- Dieckmann K, Kulejewski M, Pichlmeier U, Loy V. Diagnosis of contralateral testicular intraepithelial neoplasia (TIN) in patients with testicular germ cell cancer: systematic two-site biopsies are more sensitive than a single random biopsy. Eur Urol. 2007;51:175-83; discussion 183-5 pubmed..The diagnostic extra yield imparted by double biopsies is 18%. Discordant results regarding TIN are predominantly encountered in normal-sized testicles. The new standard in diagnosing TIN is two-site biopsy. ..
- Dieckmann K, Hartmann J, Classen J, Lüdde R, Diederichs M, Pichlmeier U. Tallness is associated with risk of testicular cancer: evidence for the nutrition hypothesis. Br J Cancer. 2008;99:1517-21 pubmed publisher..This study expands the current view of GCT tumorigenesis by suggesting that high-calorie intake in childhood promotes GCT precursors originating in utero. ..
- Dieckmann K, Hartmann J, Classen J, Diederichs M, Pichlmeier U. Is increased body mass index associated with the incidence of testicular germ cell cancer?. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2009;135:731-8 pubmed publisher....
- Dieckmann K, Kulejewski M, Heinemann V, Loy V. Testicular biopsy for early cancer detection--objectives, technique and controversies. Int J Androl. 2011;34:e7-13 pubmed publisher..Further candidates for biopsy are selected patients with sonographic testicular microlithiasis. Despite its usefulness, the procedure has been implemented in clinical routine only in few countries thus far...
- Dieckmann K, Wilken S, Loy V, Matthies C, Kleinschmidt K, Bedke J, et al. Treatment of testicular intraepithelial neoplasia (intratubular germ cell neoplasia unspecified) with local radiotherapy or with platinum-based chemotherapy: a survey of the German Testicular Cancer Study Group. Ann Oncol. 2013;24:1332-7 pubmed publisher..The treatment of testicular intraepithelial neoplasia (TIN), the progenitor of testicular germ cell tumours (GCTs), is based on little data...