- [Identifying language and communication disorders as part of the medical curriculum]D Deuster
Klinik und Poliklinik für Phoniatrie und Pädaudiologie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Kardinal von Galen Ring 10, 48149, Munster, Deutschland
HNO 60:220-5. 2012..Hence, irrespective of their speciality, there is a high probability that physicians will at some point encounter communication-impaired patients, be required to classify their disorder and refer them for appropriate therapy...
- Development and evaluation of the new module 'communication disorders' in medical educationDirk Deuster
Department of Phoniatrics and Pediatric Audiology, University Hospital of Muenster, Germany
Med Teach 30:e225-31. 2008..Communication disorders are not taught as a self-contained topic in medical education, despite their high incidence and the similarities in the way in which they present clinically...
- Nonorganic hearing loss in children: audiometry, clinical characteristics, biographical history and recovery of hearing thresholdsClaus Michael Schmidt
Muenster University Hospital, Clinic of Phoniatrics and Pedaudiology, Kardinal von Galen Ring 10, 48129 Muenster, Germany
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 77:1190-3. 2013..According to the literature, prognosis depends on the severity of the patient's school and/or personal problems. Routine referral to a child psychiatrist is discussed as being controversial...
- Feasibility of 1000 Hz tympanometry in infants: tympanometric trace classification and choice of probe tone in relation to ageAnnette Hoffmann
Clinic of Phoniatrics and Pedaudiology, Muenster University Hospital, Kardinal von Galen Ring 10, 48129 Muenster, Germany
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 77:1198-203. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare the feasibility of 226 and 1000 Hz tympanometry for different trace classification systems in relation to age, risk factors for hearing loss and ear canal volume...
- Differences between self-assessment and external rating of voice with regard to sex characteristics, age, and attractivenessKatja Sandmann
Department of Phoniatrics and Pedaudiology, University Hospital of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Voice 28:128.e11-128.e18. 2014..This study investigates differences between the self-assessment and external rating of a person's voice with regard to sex characteristics, age, and attractiveness of the voice and mean fundamental frequency (F0)...
- Progressive hearing loss after completion of cisplatin chemotherapy is common and more pronounced in children without spontaneous otoacoustic emissions before chemotherapyAnne Weissenstein
Department of Phoniatrics and Pedaudiology, Muenster University Hospital, Kardinal von Galen Ring 10, 48129 Muenster, Germany
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 76:131-6. 2012..During therapy, hearing is usually monitored. Post-therapeutic follow-up does not routinely include monitoring of hearing, although there are indications that hearing thresholds can decline after therapy...
- Organic cation transporter 2 mediates cisplatin-induced oto- and nephrotoxicity and is a target for protective interventionsGiuliano Ciarimboli
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik D, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Domagkstr 3A, 48149 Munster, Germany
Am J Pathol 176:1169-80. 2010..These findings are very important to establish chemotherapeutical protocols aimed to maximize the antineoplastic effect of cisplatin while reducing the risk of toxicities...
- A positive wave at 8 ms (P8) and modified auditory brainstem responses measurement in auditory neuropathy spectrum disorderClaus Michael Schmidt
Muenster University Hospital, Department of Phoniatrics and Pedaudiology, Kardinal von Galen Ring 10, 48129 Muenster, Germany
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 76:636-41. 2012..Modification of ABR stimuli is discussed to improve wave V synchronization in ANSD patients...
- Left-right asymmetry in hearing loss following cisplatin therapy in children--the left ear is slightly but significantly more affectedClaus Michael Schmidt
Department of Phoniatrics and Pediatric Audiology, Muenster University Hospital, Muenster, Germany
Ear Hear 29:830-7. 2008..Our observations in long-term audiological follow-up of children treated with cisplatin did not always show the anticipated symmetry of hearing loss...