- Autologous stem-cell transplantation restores the functional properties of CD14+CD16+ monocytes in patients with myeloma and lymphomaFarshid Dayyani
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Medical Clinic Campus Innenstadt, University of Munich, Ziemmssenstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 75:207-13. 2004..Taken together after stem-cell Tx, the function of the CD14++ monocytes is impaired, and the functional properties of CD14+CD16+ monocytes recover, indicating that these cells may be important for defense against infections post-ASCT...
- The HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor simvastatin overcomes cell adhesion-mediated drug resistance in multiple myeloma by geranylgeranylation of Rho protein and activation of Rho kinaseRalf Schmidmaier
Laboratory for Molecular Haematology, Department of Haematology and Oncology, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
Blood 104:1825-32. 2004..Our data suggest that the 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme-A (HMG-CoA)/GG-PP/Rho/Rho-kinase pathway mediates CAM-DR and that targeting this pathway may improve the efficacy of antimyeloma therapies by reduction of CAM-DR...
- The proinflammatory CD14+CD16+DR++ monocytes are a major source of TNFKai Uwe Belge
Institute for Immunology, University of Muenchen, Germany
J Immunol 168:3536-42. 2002..This indicates that the minor population of CD14(+)CD16(+) monocytes are major producers of TNF in human blood...
- Mechanism of glucocorticoid-induced depletion of human CD14+CD16+ monocytesFarshid Dayyani
Institute for Immunology and Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Muenchen, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 74:33-9. 2003..Our studies show a selective depletion of CD14(+)CD16(+) monocytes by GC treatment in vivo and in vitro, an effect to which the modestly increased level of GCR may contribute...
- Impact of type-I-interferon on monocyte subsets and their differentiation to dendritic cells. An in vivo and ex vivo study in multiple sclerosis patients treated with interferon-betaF Then Bergh
Institute of Immunology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 146:176-88. 2004..Addition of IFNb to the medium further reduced the induction of CD1a+CD14+ cells.IFNb induces a novel immunophenotypic shift in pro-inflammatory monocytes, which appears to be related to reduced formation of dendritic cell precursors...
- Treosulfan is an effective inducer of cell death in myeloma cell lines and primary myeloma cells from patientsGerold Meinhardt
Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Department of Hematology Oncology, Laboratory of Molecular Hematology and Oncology, Munich, Germany
Br J Haematol 122:892-9. 2003..Our results suggest that treosulfan might be an appropriate candidate for novel treatment protocols for patients with multiple myeloma...