- 5-hydroxyindolacetic acid (5-HIAA), a main metabolite of serotonin, is responsible for complete Freund's adjuvant-induced thermal hyperalgesia in miceYong Chen
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 11, Wurzburg 97080, Germany
Mol Pain 7:21. 2011..Previous work led to the hypothesis that 5-hydroxyindolacetic acid (5-HIAA), a main metabolite of serotonin, might by itself influence pain thresholds...
- Nitric oxide synthase modulates CFA-induced thermal hyperalgesia through cytokine regulation in miceYong Chen
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 11, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Mol Pain 6:13. 2010..Here we asked whether cytokines, which have well-described roles in inflammatory pain, are downstream targets of NO in inflammatory pain and which of the isoforms of NOS are involved in this process...
- Activation of the nociceptin opioid system in rat sensory neurons produces antinociceptive effects in inflammatory pain: involvement of inflammatory mediatorsYong Chen
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Neurosci Res 85:1478-88. 2007..Together, these findings reveal novel mechanisms by which the NC system produces analgesia...
- Nociceptin and its receptor in rat dorsal root ganglion neurons in neuropathic and inflammatory pain models: implications on pain processingYong Chen
Department of Neurology, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
J Peripher Nerv Syst 11:232-40. 2006..Thus, NC and the ORL1 receptor may be involved in the modulation of neuropathic and inflammatory pain at the level of the primary afferent neuron...
- Differences in inflammatory pain in nNOS-, iNOS- and eNOS-deficient miceMichael Karl Boettger
Department of Neurology, Julius Maximilians University, Josef Schneider Str 11, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Pain 11:810-8. 2007..These results support the proposed role of nNOS in sensitization of DRG neurones, and might indicate that CGRP is involved in this process...
- Reduced thermal hyperalgesia and enhanced peripheral nerve injury after hind paw inflammation in mice lacking the serotonin-transporterFlorian Palm
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, Neurologische Klinik der Universität, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Pain 12:790-7. 2008..Human variants of the 5-HTT genotypes might be part of the factors determining the extent of nerve injury and hyperalgesia in inflammation...
- Activation of TRPV1 contributes to morphine tolerance: involvement of the mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathwayYong Chen
Department of Neurology, University of Wurzburg, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Neurosci 28:5836-45. 2008..Thus, blocking TRPV1 might be a way to reduce morphine tolerance...
- Possible mechanism of referred pain in the perineum and pelvis associated with the prostate in ratsYong Chen
Department of Urology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China 40008
J Urol 174:2405-8. 2005..Since persistent pain in the perineum and pelvic floor associated with chronic prostatitis /chronic pelvic pain syndrome has been hypothesized to be referred pain, it might also be explained by neural mechanisms...
- Differential ConA-enriched urinary proteome in rat experimental glomerular diseasesYan Wang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, School of Basic Medicine Peking Union Medical College, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 5 Dongdan Santiao, Beijing 100005, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 371:385-90. 2008..1 glomerulonephritis, respectively...
- Laparoscopy-assisted creation of a liver failure model in pigsTakeshi Yuasa
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Transplant, and Surgical Oncology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Cell Transplant 17:187-93. 2008..We believe that our model is the first report on creation of a reliable model for liver failure in pigs to assess the efficacy of liver-targeted cell therapies...
- Isobolographic analysis of the analgesic interactions between ketamine and tramadolYong Chen
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Pharm Pharmacol 54:623-31. 2002..However, the coadministration produced synergistic antinociception in the chemical-induced persistent pain model...
- Nitrite does not provide additional protection to thrombolysis in a rat model of stroke with delayed reperfusionBawarjan Schatlo
Surgical Neurology Branch, National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:482-9. 2008..These results suggest that nitrite is not a protective adjuvant therapy to delayed rtPA administration after ischemic stroke in rats...
- [Percutaneous intradiscal oxygen-ozone injection for lumbar disc herniation: no need of perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis]Chuan Jun Wei
Department of Interventional Radiology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China wcjun1999 163 com
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:384-6. 2007..To evaluate the feasibility of no antibiotic administration to prevent infection during the perioperative period of percutaneous intradiscal ozone-injection for treatment of lumbar disc herniation...
- [Long-term effects of recurrent seizures in neonate period on gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptor alpha1 and beta2 subunits expression in adult brain: experiment with rats]Tao Bo
Department of Pediatrics, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central Southern Universality, Changsha 410011, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:275-8. 2007..To investigate the long-term effects of recurrent seizures in neonate period on the expression of gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptor (GABAAR) alpha1 and beta2 subunits in brain and spatial memory and seizure susceptibility in adult period...
- Similar electrophysiological changes in axotomized and neighboring intact dorsal root ganglion neuronsChao Ma
Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:1588-602. 2003....
- Effects of nociceptin (13-17) in pain modulation at supraspinal level in miceLi xiang Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Science, Lanzhou University, 298 Tian Shui Road, 730000, Peoples Republic of, Lanzhou, China
Neurosci Lett 331:95-8. 2002....
- Amelioration of diabetes in mice after single-donor islet transplantation using the controlled release of gelatinized FGF-2Jorge David Rivas-Carrillo
Department of Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Cell Transplant 15:939-44. 2006..In contrast, the transplantation of islets without FGF-2 supplementation showed poor revascularization and failed to control the blood glucose levels in the diabetic mice...
- Overexpression of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 in the brain exacerbates ischemic brain injury and is associated with recruitment of inflammatory cellsYong Chen
Stroke Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4128, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 23:748-55. 2003..These results indicate that MCP-1 can contribute to inflammatory injury in stroke...
- A rat model for acute hepatic failureYong He
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:423-5. 2003..To develop a surgical model of acute hepatic failure...
- Study in vitro and in vivo of nociceptin/orphanin FQ(1-13)NH2 analogues substituting N-Me-Gly for Gly2 or Gly3Li xiang Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Science, Lanzhou University, 222 Tian Shui South Road, Lanzhou 730000, PR China
Peptides 25:1349-54. 2004..The present work also helps to provide a novel method to elucidate structural and conformational requirements of the opioid peptide-receptor interaction...
- Effect of perinatal asphyxia on tyrosine hydroxylase and D2 and D1 dopamine receptor mRNA levels expressed during early postnatal development in rat brainJohann Gross
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Charite Hospital, Humboldt University, Spandauer Damm 130, Haus 31, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 134:275-81. 2005..These changes may affect differently dopamine D2R and D1R expression along development, contributing to long-term neurocircuitry imbalances...
- Mechanisms underlying enhanced P2X receptor-mediated responses in the neuropathic pain stateYong Chen
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 1069, USA
Pain 119:38-48. 2005..Thus, the enhancement of trafficking of P2X3 receptors is likely an important mechanism contributing to the increase in receptor function after nerve injury...
- Effects of [Nphe1]nociceptin(1-13)NH2, [Phe1(CH2-NH)Gly2]nociceptin(1- 13)NH2, and nocistatin on nociceptin inhibited constrictions of guinea pig isolated bronchusQi Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Life Science, Lanzhou University, 222 Tian Shui South Road, Lanzhou 730000, People s Republic of China
Protein Pept Lett 13:185-8. 2006..The results demonstrate that [Nphe1]NC(1-13)NH2 and [F/G]NC(1- 13)NH2 but not NST act as selective antagonists of the NC receptor and the effects of NC on EFS-induced constrictions of guinea pig isolated bronchus...
- Mucosal tolerance to E-selectin and response to systemic inflammationKachi Illoh
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:1538-50. 2006..These changes, while giving an insight to the underlying mechanisms, serve as possible targets for future studies to facilitate translation to human clinical trials...
- Neuregulin expression after focal stroke in the ratMarcus W Parker
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurosci Lett 334:169-72. 2002..There was no neuregulin co-localization with astrocytes or macrophages. These results demonstrate that neuregulin is induced in neurons following ischemic stroke and may be involved in neuroprotection and repair...
- The four-helix bundle of the neuronal target membrane SNARE complex is neither disordered in the middle nor uncoiled at the C-terminal regionFan Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
J Biol Chem 277:24294-8. 2002..It also provides possible structural-functional clues to the membrane fusion in the v-SNARE deleted fusion models...