Affiliation: Central Institute of Mental Health
- [Dysfunction of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal system--background variable of relevant cardiovascular risk factors?--description of a cooperative project]F Lederbogen
Zentralinstitut fur Seelische Gesundheit, Mannheim
Gesundheitswesen 67:S94-7. 2005..Through close cooperation within the framework of the present project we will be able to examine neuroendocrine issues in association with detailed demographic and clinical data of a representative population sample...
- Increased platelet aggregability in major depression?F Lederbogen
Central Institute of Mental Health, J5, 68159, Mannheim, Germany
Psychiatry Res 102:255-61. 2001..This effect may contribute to the increased cardiovascular morbidity in depressed patients...
- Platelet counts in depressed patients treated with amitriptyline or paroxetineF Lederbogen
Central Institute of Mental Health, J5, 68159 Mannheim, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 18:89-91. 2003..To assess whether therapy with two widely used antidepressants influences platelet counts...
- Open-label non-randomized versus double-blind randomized antidepressive treatment: what are the advantages of clinical decision over randomization?M Deuschle
Central Institute of Mental Health J5, 68159 Mannheim, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:299-302. 2004..To study, whether and how the results from open and double-blind randomized trials on antidepressants differ...
- Does night-time cortisol excretion normalize in the long-term course of depression?B Scharnholz
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 43:161-5. 2010..We hypothesized an increase in HPA system activity in depressed patients compared to controls, and proposed that night-time cortisol excretion during follow-up will depend on clinical outcome...
- Changes of serum concentrations of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) during treatment with venlafaxine and mirtazapine: role of medication and response to treatmentM Deuschle
Faculty of Medicine Mannheim, Central Institute of Mental Health, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 46:54-8. 2013..Recent research suggests that serum BDNF concentration is reduced in depression and that antidepressant treatment leads to an increase in serum BDNF concentration...
- Flattened circadian cortisol rhythm in type 2 diabetesF Lederbogen
Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 119:573-5. 2011..While altered cortisol concentrations have been observed in subjects with type 2 diabetes their circadian cortisol profile is unknown...
- [An interdisciplinary unit for major psychiatric/somatic comorbidity: concept and 22 years of experience]F Lederbogen
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Zentralinstitut fur Seelische Gesundheit, J5, 68159, Mannheim, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 79:1051-8. 2008..Somatic disorders frequently requiring treatment in this ward include acute cardiovascular syndromes, liver or renal failure, infections, and conditions arising postoperatively or following trauma...
- Remission of polydipsia as antipsychotic effect of clozapineM Zink
Central Institute of Mental Health, Clinic of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, P O Box 122120, Mannheim 68072, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 19:320-1. 2004
- Insulin secretion and sensitivity after single-dose amisulpride, olanzapine or placebo in young male subjects: double blind, cross-over glucose clamp studyD Kopf
Central Institute of Mental Health, University of Heidelberg, Faculty of Medicine, Mannheim, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 45:223-8. 2012..Among other antipsychotic drugs, treatment with the selective dopamine D2 and D3 receptor antagonist amisulpride has been implicated with a lower risk for metabolic complications...
- [Stress, mental disorders and coronary heart disease]F Lederbogen
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Zentralinstitut fur Seelische Gesundheit, Universitat Heidelberg, Medizinische Fakultat Mannheim, J5, 68159 Mannheim, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 83:1448-57. 2012..Thus therapeutic strategies aim at reducing subjective stress experience, therapy of mental disorders and treatment of cardiac risk factors known to be more prevalent in increased stress states and mental disorders...
- No major effect of orciprenaline and propranolol upon ACTH-induced cortisol secretionA Nonell
Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 112:59-61. 2004..Neither baseline nor ACTH-induced steroid secretion differed between these conditions. Our data do not support the hypothesis that the adrenal beta-receptor plays a major role in steroid secretion in humans...
- [Depression and cardiovascular disease: pathogenetic factors of the stress concept]M Deuschle
Zentralinstitut fur Seelische Gesundheit, Mannheim, Germany
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 70:268-75. 2002..The present overview provides a summary of current knowledge and findings within this area of research...
- Assessment of cardiovascular disease risk in patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders in German psychiatric hospitals: results of the pharmacoepidemiologic CATS studyM Deuschle
Central Institute of Mental Health Mannheim, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, J5, 68159, Mannheim, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1283-8. 2013..We intended to analyze screening for metabolic disorders in German patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders in routine psychiatric care...
- Valproic acid and all trans retinoic acid differentially induce megakaryopoiesis and platelet-like particle formation from the megakaryoblastic cell line MEG-01N Schweinfurth
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Central Institute of Mental Health, University of Heidelberg Medical Faculty Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Platelets 21:648-57. 2010....
- Thyroid function test abnormalities in newly admitted psychiatric patients residing in an iodine-deficient area: patterns and clinical significanceF Lederbogen
Department of Psychiatry, Central Institute of Mental Health, J5, 68159 Mannheim, Germany
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:305-10. 2001..6% of newly admitted patients living in an iodine-deficient area, at least one abnormal result in either T4, FTI or TSH values was found. Genuine thyroid disease was found in slightly less than half the patients with an abnormal value...