Jürgen C Dinger
Affiliation: Center for Epidemiology and Health Research Berlin
- The safety of a drospirenone-containing oral contraceptive: final results from the European Active Surveillance Study on oral contraceptives based on 142,475 women-years of observationJürgen C Dinger
Center for Epidemiology and Health Research ZEG, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Contraception 75:344-54. 2007..The study was conducted to compare risks of adverse cardiovascular and other events associated with the use of drospirenone (DRSP)-containing oral contraceptives (OCs) and other OCs...
- Risk of venous thromboembolism and the use of dienogest- and drospirenone-containing oral contraceptives: results from a German case-control studyJürgen Dinger
Director, ZEG Berlin Center for Epidemiology and Health Research, Invalidenstrasse 115, 10115 Berlin, Germany
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 36:123-9. 2010..The secondary objective was to investigate the VTE risk associated with drospirenone/ethinylestradiol (DRSP/EE) in comparison to low-dose LNG/EE...
- International Active Surveillance Study of Women Taking Oral Contraceptives (INAS-OC Study)Juergen C Dinger
ZEG Berlin Center for Epidemiology and Health Research, Invalidenstrasse 115, 10115 Berlin, Germany
BMC Med Res Methodol 9:77. 2009....
- Cardiovascular and general safety of a 24-day regimen of drospirenone-containing combined oral contraceptives: final results from the International Active Surveillance Study of Women Taking Oral ContraceptivesJürgen Dinger
ZEG Berlin Center for Epidemiology and Health Research, Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Contraception 89:253-63. 2014....
- Sensitivity as outcome measure of androgen replacement: the AMS scaleLothar A Heinemann
Center for Epidemiology and Health Research Berlin, Invalidenstr 115, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:23. 2006..The capacity of the AMS scale as clinical utility and as outcome measure still needs validation...
- Levonorgestrel-releasing and copper intrauterine devices and the risk of breast cancerJürgen Dinger
ZEG Berlin Center for Epidemiology and Health Research, Germany
Contraception 83:211-7. 2011..This study compares the risk of breast cancer for levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine devices (LNG(IUD)) versus copper IUDs (CU(IUD)) in women younger than 50 years of age...
- Effectiveness of oral contraceptive pills in a large U.S. cohort comparing progestogen and regimenJürgen Dinger
ZEG, Berlin Center for Epidemiology and Health Research, Berlin, Germany
Obstet Gynecol 117:33-40. 2011....
- Oral contraceptive effectiveness according to body mass index, weight, age, and other factorsJürgen C Dinger
ZEG Center for Epidemiology and Health Research, Berlin, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 201:263.e1-9. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess the use-effectiveness of oral contraceptives (OCs) in Europe according to body mass index (BMI), weight, age, and other factors...
- Colon cancer risk and different HRT formulations: a case-control studyJürgen C Dinger
Centre for Epidemiology and Health Research Berlin, Berlin, Germany
BMC Cancer 7:76. 2007..Most studies have found no increased risk of colon cancer associated with hormone replacement therapy (HRT), or even a decreased risk. But information about the effects of different HRT preparations is lacking...
- Quality of life and hormone use: new validation results of MRS scaleJürgen Dinger
Center for Epidemiology and Health Research Berlin, Invalidenstr, 115, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:32. 2006..The suspicion however was expressed that the data were too optimistic due to methodological problems of the study. A new study became available to check how founded this suspicion was...
- Use of oral contraceptives containing gestodene and risk of venous thromboembolism: outlook 10 years after the third-generation "pill scare"Lothar A J Heinemann
Berlin Center for Epidemiology and Health Research, Berlin, Germany
Contraception 81:401-7. 2010..e., those containing desogestrel and gestodene) in the 1990s, which likely contributed to the alleged increased risk of VTE, may have vanished after 10 years...
- Safety of a new oral contraceptive containing drospirenoneLothar A J Heinemann
Center for Epidemiology and Health Research, Berlin, Germany
Drug Saf 27:1001-18. 2004..Overall, the safety data with EE/DRSP and other OCs indicate that these products have no negative impact on the risk of VTE (and other adverse events) in women who receive OCs for contraception...
- Range of published estimates of venous thromboembolism incidence in young womenLothar A J Heinemann
Center for Epidemiology and Health Research Berlin, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Contraception 75:328-36. 2007..This review was conducted to show the full range of incidence estimates published for venous thromboembolism (VTE) in women depending on study design and to suggest a more reliable estimate for women of reproductive age...
- Rate of pregnancy after using drospirenone and other progestin-containing oral contraceptivesMaureen Cronin
Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Mullerstrasse 178, Berlin, Germany
Obstet Gynecol 114:616-22. 2009..To determine whether prior oral-contraceptive use has a negative effect on the ability of women to conceive in both the short-term and long-term...