Stephan J Ott
Affiliation: Campus Kiel
- Effects of probiotics and antibiotics on the intestinal homeostasis in a computer controlled model of the large intestineAteequr Rehman
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University Medical Center, Breisacher Str 115B, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
BMC Microbiol 12:47. 2012..Microbial metabolites (short chain fatty acids, lactate, branched chain fatty acids, and ammonia) and the intestinal microbiota were analyzed...
- Genetic diversity of the obligate intracellular bacterium Chlamydophila pneumoniae by genome-wide analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms: evidence for highly clonal population structureThomas Rattei
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
BMC Genomics 8:355. 2007..Four published genomes revealed an identity of > 99 %. This remarkable finding raised questions about the existence of distinguishable genotypes in correlation with geographical and anatomical origin...
- Fungi and inflammatory bowel diseases: Alterations of composition and diversityStephan J Ott
Institute for Clinical Molecular Biology, Christian Albrechts University CAU, Kiel, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:831-41. 2008..While a reduced bacterial diversity has been reported in IBD, little is known about the fungal microbiota. The aim of this study was to carry out a systematic analysis of intestinal fungal microbiota in IBD...
- Fungal rDNA signatures in coronary atherosclerotic plaquesStephan J Ott
Institute for Clinical Molecular Biology, Christian Albrechts University Kiel CAU, Schittenhelmstr 12, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Environ Microbiol 9:3035-45. 2007..Coronary atheromatous plaques harbour diverse and variable fungal communities suggesting a polymicrobial contribution to the chronic inflammatory aetiology...
- Intestinal TM7 bacterial phylogenies in active inflammatory bowel diseaseTanja Kuehbacher
1Clinic for General Internal Medicine, I Medical Department, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein UKSH, Campus Kiel, Brunswiker Str 10, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Med Microbiol 57:1569-76. 2008..g. as a promoter of inflammation at early stages of disease...
- Colonic mucosa-associated microbiota is influenced by an interaction of Crohn disease and FUT2 (Secretor) genotypePhilipp Rausch
Institute for Experimental Medicine, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:19030-5. 2011....
- Transcriptional activity of the dominant gut mucosal microbiota in chronic inflammatory bowel disease patientsAteequr Rehman
Institute for Clinical Molecular Biology IKMB, Christian Albrechts University CAU Kiel, Schittenhelmstrasse 12, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Med Microbiol 59:1114-22. 2010..The transcriptional activity points to a more functional role of the intestinal mucosal microbiota and may lead to the identification of therapeutic targets in the active modulation of microbial factors...
- Detection of diverse bacterial signatures in atherosclerotic lesions of patients with coronary heart diseaseStephan J Ott
Institute for Clinical Molecular Biology, Department of General Internal Medicine, UKSH Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Circulation 113:929-37. 2006..However, bacterial agents could have secondarily colonized atheromatous lesions and could act as an additional factor accelerating disease progression...
- Dynamics of the mucosa-associated flora in ulcerative colitis patients during remission and clinical relapseStephan J Ott
Institute for Clinical Molecular Biology, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Schittenhelmstr 12, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 46:3510-3. 2008..Baseline reduction, temporal instability, and decrease of bacterial richness toward relapse were observed for UC patients, whereas the MAF for controls was stable over time...
- In vitro alterations of intestinal bacterial microbiota in fecal samples during storageStephan J Ott
Department of General Internal Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 50:237-45. 2004..The observed alterations of fecal flora during storage point to the difficulty of the molecular analysis of the bacterial diversity and the enumeration of bacterial cells in fecal samples...
- Modified implant surfaces show different biofilm compositions under in vivo conditionsBirte Grössner-Schreiber
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:817-26. 2009..The aim of the present study was to examine the influence of zirconium nitride (ZrN) as a potential implant surface on the biofilm composition and diversity in vivo...
- Role of NOD2/CARD15 in coronary heart diseaseNour Eddine El Mokhtari
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
BMC Genet 8:76. 2007....
- Quantification of intestinal bacterial populations by real-time PCR with a universal primer set and minor groove binder probes: a global approach to the enteric floraStephan J Ott
Department of General Internal Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstr. 12, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 42:2566-72. 2004..No significant cross-reaction was observed. The real-time PCR assays presented may facilitate understanding of the intestinal bacterial flora through a normalized global estimation of the major contributing species...