- Dehydroepiandrosterone replacement in women with adrenal insufficiencyW Arlt
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Hospital, Wuerzburg, Germany
N Engl J Med 341:1013-20. 1999..Adrenal insufficiency leads to a deficiency of dehydroepiandrosterone; we therefore, investigated the effects of dehydroepiandrosterone replacement, in patients with adrenal insufficiency...
- Testosterone undecanoate: a useful tool for testosterone administration in ratsF Callies
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Hospital Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 111:203-8. 2003..TUD was superior to other T release preparations and represents a convenient and effective tool for T administration in experimental animals...
- Influence of oral dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on urinary steroid metabolites in males and femalesF Callies
Department of Endocrinology, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Steroids 65:98-102. 2000..In conclusion, an oral dose of 30 to 50 mg DHEA restores a physiological urinary steroid profile in subjects with DHEA deficiency without evidence for a relevant hepatic first-pass effect on urinary metabolites...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone replacement in women with adrenal insufficiency: effects on body composition, serum leptin, bone turnover, and exercise capacityF Callies
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Hospital Wuerzburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1968-72. 2001..The biological relevance of the changes in leptin and osteocalcin levels remains to be determined...
- Detrimental effects of testosterone on post-myocardial infarction remodelling in female ratsS Frantz
Universitat Wurzburg, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Germany
J Physiol Pharmacol 58:717-27. 2007..In conclusion, chronic anabolic T treatment causes myocardial hypertrophy under basal conditions and adversely affects left ventricular remodeling following myocardial infarction in female rats...