Affiliation: Bundeswehr Institute of Microbiology
- Prevalence of right-to-left shunts in active fighter pilotsFrank Weber
German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Department of Neurology, P O Box 1264 KFL, D 82242 Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany
Aviat Space Environ Med 78:135-6. 2007..The objective of the study is to describe the prevalence of PFO and of possible subsequent brain lesions in active military fighter pilots...
- The progression of carotid intima-media thickness in healthy menFrank Weber
Neurologie, Flugmedizinisches Institut der Luftwaffe, Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 27:472-8. 2009..The study aim was to evaluate segment-specific IMT progression rates and their relationship to vascular risk factors compared with baseline measurements in a healthy population...
- Incidental findings in magnetic resonance imaging of the brains of healthy young menFrank Weber
Department of Neurology of the German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, PO Box 1264 KFL, D 82242 Fuerstenfeldbruck, Germany
J Neurol Sci 240:81-4. 2006..To determine the frequency of serious intracranial abnormalities in a healthy young male population...
- Cranial MRI as a screening tool: findings in 1,772 military pilot applicantsFrank Weber
German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Department of Neurology, Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany
Aviat Space Environ Med 75:158-61. 2004..Type and frequencies of abnormalities and aeromedical consequences are described...
- PET scans and traumatic brain injuries: a brief commentFrank Weber
Department of Neurology, German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Fuerstenfeldbruck
Aviat Space Environ Med 77:1083. 2006
- Medical risk factors in fatal military aviation crashes: a case-control studyFrank Weber
German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Department of Neurology, Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany
Aviat Space Environ Med 74:560-3. 2003..This case-control study was done to ascertain whether, among German military pilots, differences exist in the results of periodic medical examinations that were associated with a higher odds of being involved in a fatal aircraft mishap...
- Routine electroencephalograms of pilots later killed in crashes: a case-control studyFrank Weber
German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Department of Neurology, Fürstenfeldbruck
Aviat Space Environ Med 73:1114-6. 2002..We evaluated the use of periodic repetition of the EEG--after an initial EEG screening-in healthy, fully-licensed pilots to identify risk factors for fatal air crashes...
- Axonal neuropathy in chronic peripheral arterial occlusive diseaseFrank Weber
Military Hospital Ulm Donau, Oberer Eselsberg 40, D 89070 Ulm, Germany
Muscle Nerve 26:471-6. 2002..Therefore we concluded that chronic peripheral arterial occlusive disease causes axonal degeneration, resulting in axonal polyneuropathy...
- Risk factors for subclinical carotid atherosclerosis in healthy menFrank Weber
Department of Neurology, German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany
Neurology 59:524-8. 2002..Cross-sectional studies have been helpful in establishing determinants of IMT, but the long-term relationship between cardiovascular risk factors and subclinical atherosclerosis in a low-risk population has not been thoroughly evaluated...
- Elevated bilirubin and visual perception in pilotsHans Peter Goerres
Division of Clinical Medicine, Department of Neurology, German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Fuerstenfeldbruck, Germany
Aviat Space Environ Med 74:278-80. 2003..It was suspected that an increase of bilirubin beyond 20.52 micromol x L(-1) could disturb visual perception...
- The endogenous pentapeptide QYNAD induces acute conduction block in the isolated rat sciatic nerveFrank Weber
German Air Force Institute of Aviation Medicine, Department of Neurology, P O Box 1264 KFL, 82242 Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany
Neurosci Lett 317:33-6. 2002..Wash-out reverses the changes in part. This suggests that QYNAD may indeed contribute to the fast symptom changes in MS and related diseases...
- Intentional occlusion of the left subclavian artery during stent-graft implantation in the thoracic aorta: risk and relevanceTim C Rehders
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Rostock, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 11:659-66. 2004..To examine the clinical consequences and/or potential need for postinterventional transposition after stent-graft occlusion of the left subclavian artery (LSA)...
- A vital issue in clinical aviation medicineFrank Weber
Occup Med (Lond) 53:293. 2003
- A comparison in adolescents of composite auditory evoked potential index and bispectral index during propofol-remifentanil anesthesia for scoliosis surgery with intraoperative wake-up testHeleen J Blussé van Oud-Alblas
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 60, 3015 GJ Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Anesth Analg 107:1683-8. 2008..Postoperative explicit recall was also evaluated...
- Comparison of bispectral index and composite auditory evoked potential index for monitoring depth of hypnosis in childrenHeleen J Blussé van Oud-Alblas
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus Medical Center Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Anesthesiology 108:851-7. 2008..The performance and reliability of BIS and cAAI in distinguishing different hypnotic states in children, as evaluated with the University of Michigan Sedation Scale, were compared...
- Extremely low preanesthetic BIS values in two children with West syndrome and lissencephalyAbraham J Valkenburg
Paediatr Anaesth 18:446-8. 2008
- [Treatment of acute ST Elevation myocardial infarction in a regional network ("Drip & Ship Network Rostock")]Henrik Schneider
Herz 32:635-40. 2007..Efficient network logistics with transportation for PPCI in acute STEMI ensure both safety and outcome profiles similar to patients treated by PCI in metropolitan areas...
- Microenvironmental genomic alterations and clinicopathological behavior in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaFrank Weber
Genomic Medicine Institute and Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JAMA 297:187-95. 2007..Therefore, the apparently nonmalignant stroma surrounding the tumor epithelium can acquire genomic alterations and contribute to cancer initiation and progression...
- Treatment with (90)Y- and (177)Lu-DOTATOC in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumorsAndrea Frilling
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Surgery 140:968-76; discussion 976-7. 2006..The aim of the study was to present clinical experience with (90)Y- and (177)Lu-DOTATOC therapy in the management of NET...
- Acute and long-term results of bifurcation stenting (from the Coroflex Registry)Sascha Rux
ukb Academic Teaching Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Am J Cardiol 98:1214-7. 2006..The total 6-month MACE rate was 22%. In conclusion, successful bifurcation stenting with a low MACE rate is possible in most patients using a simplified approach with a dedicated high-end bare metal stent...
- Transrectal Doppler sonography of uterine and umbilical blood flow during pregnancy in maresHeinrich Bollwein
Department of Animal Reproduction, Veterinary College, University of Munich, Königinstr 12, 80539 Munich, Germany
Theriogenology 61:499-509. 2004..763-0.071x+0.001x2. Further studies are needed to determine whether transrectal color Doppler sonography could be used to identify mares at risk of abortion...
- Liver transplantation for patients with metastatic endocrine tumors: single-center experience with 15 patientsAndrea Frilling
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Liver Transpl 12:1089-96. 2006....
- Evaluation of the Alaris Auditory Evoked Potential Index as an indicator of anesthetic depth in preschool children during induction of anesthesia with sevoflurane and remifentanilFrank Weber
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Anesthesiology 101:294-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the performance of the AAI during induction of anesthesia with sevoflurane and remifentanil in pediatric patients...
- The correlation of the Narcotrend Index with endtidal sevoflurane concentrations and hemodynamic parameters in childrenFrank Weber
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Paediatr Anaesth 15:727-32. 2005..The Narcotrend Index (NI) of anesthetic depth is potentially a pharmacodynamic measure of the effects of sevoflurane on the brain...
- The impact of acoustic stimulation on the AEP monitor/2 derived composite auditory evoked potential index under awake and anesthetized conditionsFrank Weber
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Regensburg, Germany
Anesth Analg 101:435-9, table of contents. 2005..We demonstrate that, though significantly different under AEP-derived or EEG-derived conditions, AAI values remain within the range indicating the patient's actual hypnotic state as given by the manufacturer of the device...
- Narcotrend depth of anesthesia monitoring in infants and childrenFrank Weber
Can J Anaesth 51:855-6. 2004
- Interventional closure with Amplatzer PFO occluder of patent foramen ovale in patients with paradoxical cerebral embolismTushar Chatterjee
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Rostock, Rostock, Germany
J Interv Cardiol 18:173-9. 2005..Percutaneous closure is associated with a high success rate, low incidence of hospital complications, and freedom of cerebral ischemia events...
- The correlation of the Narcotrend Index and classical electroencephalographic parameters with endtidal desflurane concentrations and hemodynamic parameters in different age groupsFrank Weber
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Regensburg, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Paediatr Anaesth 15:378-84. 2005..The Narcotrend Index (NI) for assessment of depth of anesthesia by analysis of the electroencephalogram (EEG), is potentially a pharmacodynamic measure of the effects of desflurane on the brain...
- Importance of adrenal incidentaloma in patients with a history of malignancyAndrea Frilling
Departments of General Surgery and Transplantation, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Surgery 136:1289-96. 2004..This study was carried out to determine whether imaging techniques can discriminate between a malignant and a benign adrenal tumor and subsequently select candidates for adrenal surgery...
- Pumpless extracorporeal lung assist (pECLA) in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome and severe brain injuryThomas Bein
Department of Anesthesia, University of Regensburg Hospital, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
J Trauma 58:1294-7. 2005..A retrospective analysis was performed to estimate the practicability of a pumpless extracorporeal lung assist system (pECLA) in trauma patients suffering from severe brain injury and the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)...