- Obstructive sleep apnea and blood pressure. Interaction between the blood pressure-lowering effects of positive airway pressure therapy and antihypertensive drugsJan Borgel
Medical Clinic II, Cardiology and Angiology, St Josef Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Am J Hypertens 17:1081-7. 2004..Previous studies on the antihypertensive effects of positive airway pressure therapy on daytime blood pressure (BP) revealed inconsistent results...
- Modifying effects of the R389G beta1-adrenoceptor polymorphism on resting heart rate and blood pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apnoeaJan Borgel
Medical Clinic 2, Cardiology and Angiology, St Josef Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Clin Sci (Lond) 110:117-23. 2006..2) beats/min for G389G]. In conclusion, although the R389G polymorphism of the beta1-adrenoceptor gene did not influence resting HR or BP in untreated OSA patients, it may modify the beneficial effects of CPAP therapy on these parameters...
- Obstructive sleep apnoea and its therapy influence high-density lipoprotein cholesterol serum levelsJ Borgel
Dept of Medicine, Cardiology and Angiology, St Josef Hospital Bergmannsheil, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Eur Respir J 27:121-7. 2006..This study demonstrates an influence of obstructive sleep apnoea and its therapy on high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels...
- The CYP2J2 G-50T polymorphism and myocardial infarction in patients with cardiovascular risk profileJan Borgel
Department of Cardiology, St, Josef Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:41. 2008..In the present study, we investigated the influence of this polymorphism on survived myocardial infarction in two study groups of patients with on average high cardiovascular risk profile...
- Risk factors and myocardial infarction in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: impact of beta2-adrenergic receptor polymorphismsNina K Bartels
Human Genetics, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
BMC Med 5:1. 2007..The functionally relevant polymorphisms of the beta2-adrenergic receptor (Arg-47Cys/Arg16Gly and Gln27Glu) have been shown to exert modifying effects on these risk factors in previous studies, but results are inconsistent...
- Circulating endothelial microparticles correlate inversely with endothelial function in patients with ischemic left ventricular dysfunctionDaniel Bulut
Herzzentrum der Kliniken der Ruhr Universität Bochum, Standort St Josef Hospital, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
J Card Fail 14:336-40. 2008..The patients were divided in 2 groups, those with preserved or normal function (n = 17; EF 65 +/- 6%) and those with reduced left ventricular (LV) function (n = 18; EF 36 +/- 11%)...
- Upregulation of platelet CD40, CD40 ligand (CD40L) and P-Selectin expression in cigarette smokers: a flow cytometry studyHorst Neubauer
Cardiovascular Center, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:694-8. 2009..These findings emphasize that cigarette smoking leads to a proinflammatory and prothrombotic state thus contributing to accelerated atherosclerosis...
- Pantoprazole does not influence the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel-a whole blood aggregometry study after coronary stentingHorst Neubauer
Ruhr University Bochum, Cardiovascular Center, St Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:91-7. 2010..Therefore, the use of pantoprazole seems preferable in patients treated with clopidogrel when a concomitant medication with a PPI is indicated...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Central sleep apnea induces ventricular bigeminus: conclusions from a single polygraphyJan Borgel
Department of Cardiology, St Josef Hospital Bergmannsheil, University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Circulation 118:1398-401. 2008
- Hormonal status modulates circulating endothelial progenitor cellsDaniel Bulut
Division of Cardiology, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791, Bochum, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 96:258-63. 2007..Endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) may have an important role in vascular homeostasis and repair...
- Doppler echocardiographic prediction of recurrent atrial fibrillation following cardioversionMartin Spiecker
Heart and Vascular Center Bochum, Department of Medicine II Cardiology, St Josef Hospital, University of Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Int J Cardiol 113:161-6. 2006..Measuring atrial mechanical function is of interest to determine the individual risk of thromboembolism and the risk of recurrent AF...
- Continuous positive airway pressure treatment of mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea reduces cardiovascular riskNikolaus J Buchner
Department of Internal Medicine I, Marienhospital Herne, Ruhr University Bochum, Hoelkeskampring 40, D 44625 Herne, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:1274-80. 2007..Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to increased cardiovascular risk, but the impact of mild forms of OSA and their treatment on cardiovascular outcomes remains controversial...
- Risk of coronary artery disease associated with polymorphism of the cytochrome P450 epoxygenase CYP2J2Martin Spiecker
Department of Medicine II Cardiology, St Josef Hospital, University of Bochum, Gudrunstr 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Circulation 110:2132-6. 2004..The EETs are potent endogenous vasodilators and inhibitors of vascular inflammation. However, it is not known whether genetic polymorphisms of CYP2J2 are associated with increased cardiovascular risks...
- Effect of protein A immunoadsorption on T cell activation in patients with inflammatory dilated cardiomyopathyDaniel Bulut
Herz und Kreislaufzentrum der Ruhr Universität, Standort St Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:633-8. 2010..Changes in cell-mediated immunity after IA may contribute to this observation. The aim of this study is to investigate the effect of IA on cell-mediated immunity especially on regulatory and early activated T cells...