- Virilising adrenocortical tumours in childrenWalter Bonfig
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Radiology, University Children s Hospital Munich, Lindwurmstrasse 4, 80337 Munich, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 162:623-8. 2003..Histology scores adapted from adrenal tumours in adults and molecular markers are under investigation, but there is still not enough clinical experience since ACT are so rare...
- Reduced final height outcome in congenital adrenal hyperplasia under prednisone treatment: deceleration of growth velocity during pubertyWalter Bonfig
University Children s Hospital, Department of Endocrinology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Lindwurmstrasse 4, D 80337 Munich, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1635-9. 2007..Normal to decreased final height (FH) has been reported in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH). Objective: The objective was to determine FH outcome and influences of steroid treatment...
- Bone size normalizes with age in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetesSusanne Bechtold
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University Children s Hospital, Lindwurmstrasse 4 in D 80337, Munich, Germany
Diabetes Care 30:2046-50. 2007..The aim of this study was to establish whether type 1 diabetes has a long-term effect on bone development in children and adolescents...
- Growth hormone increases final height in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: data from a randomized controlled studySusanne Bechtold
University Children s Hospital, Division of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Munich, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3013-8. 2007..GH treatment stimulates growth in short children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA). The extent to which this therapy increases final height is not known...
- Early manifestation of type 1 diabetes in children is a risk factor for changed bone geometry: data using peripheral quantitative computed tomographySusanne Bechtold
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University Children s Hospital, Lindwurmstrasse 4, D 80337 Munich, Germany
Pediatrics 118:e627-34. 2006..To detect possible abnormalities in bone mineralization, geometry, and muscle bone unit, we measured selective parameters in children with type 1 diabetes using peripheral quantitative computed tomography...
- Hydrocortisone dosing during puberty in patients with classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia: an evidence-based recommendationWalter Bonfig
University Children s Hospital, Division of Endocrinology, Ludwig Maximilians University, D 80337 Munich, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3882-8. 2009..Patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) are at risk for early pubertal development and diminished pubertal growth. Liberal treatment with glucocorticoids will prevent early puberty but may inhibit growth outright...
- Age of onset of type 1 diabetes in children and carotid intima medial thicknessRobert Dalla Pozza
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, Lindwurmstr 4, Munich, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2053-7. 2007..However, concerns may arise about the different analyzing methods used because measurements in patients and controls differ significantly...
- Bone mass development and bone metabolism in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: treatment with growth hormone for 4 yearsSusanne Bechtold
Endocrine Division, University Children s Hospital, Dr von Haunersches Kinderspital, Lindwurmstrasse 4, 80337 Munich, Germany
J Rheumatol 31:1407-12. 2004....
- Insulin sensitivity decreases in short children born small for gestational age treated with growth hormoneSara Bachmann
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Children s Hospital, Munich, Germany
J Pediatr 154:509-13. 2009..To evaluate insulin sensitivity in short children born small for gestational age (SGA) treated with growth hormone (GH), and to study the relationship between growth response and insulin levels...
- Recurrent hypoglycemic seizures and obesity: delayed diagnosis of an insulinoma in a 15 year-old boy--final diagnostic localization with endosonographyWalter Bonfig
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:1035-8. 2007..A solitary insulinoma in the pancreatic tail was enucleated laparoscopically...