- Schoolchildren as lifesavers in Europe - training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation for childrenAndreas Bohn
Emergency Medical Services, Fire Department City of Münster, Germany Department of Anaesthesiology Intensive Care and Pain Medicine, Munster University Hospital, Munster, Germany Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 27:387-96. 2013..Nonetheless, it appears reasonable to implement age-adjusted curricula. The earlier in the course of life-long learning BLS instruction begins, the more sustainable training may be. ..
- The impact of response time reliability on CPR incidence and resuscitation success: a benchmark study from the German Resuscitation RegistryJürgen Neukamm
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Klinik am Eichert, Eichertstrasse 3, D 73035 Göppingen, Germany
Crit Care 15:R282. 2011....
- Teaching resuscitation in schools: annual tuition by trained teachers is effective starting at age 10. A four-year prospective cohort studyA Bohn
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Munster University Hospital, Germany
Resuscitation 83:619-25. 2012..biannually), starting age (10 vs. 13 years) and facilitator (emergency physician vs. teacher)...
- Postresuscitation care with mild therapeutic hypothermia and coronary intervention after out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a prospective registry analysisJan Thorsten Gräsner
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schwanenweg 21, Kiel 24105, Germany
Crit Care 15:R61. 2011..Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) may also be beneficial in patients after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA)...
- Feedback during cardiopulmonary resuscitationAndreas Bohn
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 21:200-3. 2008..Existing data show that the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation performance is poor. Feedback technologies claim to improve cardiopulmonary resuscitation quality by supporting rescuers in their efforts...
- The addition of voice prompts to audiovisual feedback and debriefing does not modify CPR quality or outcomes in out of hospital cardiac arrest--a prospective, randomized trialAndreas Bohn
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Munster, Germany
Resuscitation 82:257-62. 2011..ERC 2005 guidelines recommend the use of technical devices to support rescuers giving compressions. This prospective randomized study reviewed influence of different feedback configurations on survival and compression quality...
- Synchronization of coupled biological oscillators under spatially heterogeneous environmental forcingAndreas Bohn
Departament de Fisica i Enginyeria Nuclear, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Colom 11, 08222 Terrassa Barcelona, Spain
J Theor Biol 250:37-47. 2008..We discuss these observations with respect to fundamental aspects of heterogeneity and variability of dynamical systems, as well as the intercellular synchronization of circadian oscillators...