- Does felt age reflect health-related quality of life in cancer patients?Sonja Boehmer
Department of Health Psychology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Psychooncology 15:726-38. 2006..HRQOL is a correlate of felt age. However, an increment in felt age does not imply a decrease of HRQOL...
- Two kinds of items in quality of life instruments: 'indicator and causal variables' in the EORTC qlq-c30Sonja Boehmer
Department of Health Psychology, Free Universität of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Qual Life Res 15:131-41. 2006..Further research should investigate whether both kinds of variables could be combined into a higher order, aggregate score for HRQOL...
- Coping and quality of life after tumor surgery: personal and social resources promote different domains of quality of lifeSonja Boehmer
Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Anxiety Stress Coping 20:61-75. 2007..This effect was not mediated by coping. Results suggest the development of interventions to increase optimistic self-beliefs and coping skills in tumor-surgery patients...
- Changes in finding benefit after cancer surgery and the prediction of well-being one year laterRalf Schwarzer
Freie Universitat Berlin, Gesundheitspsychologie, Habelschwerdter Allee 45, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Soc Sci Med 63:1614-24. 2006..However, changes in benefit finding predicted subsequent well-being. Received support was associated with benefit finding. Changes in benefit finding as well as initial support emerged as joint predictors of well-being...
- Emotional support for men and women with cancer: do patients receive what their partners provide?Aleksandra Luszczynska
University of Sussex, England
Int J Behav Med 14:156-63. 2007..In the context of mainly gastrointestinal cancer surgery, the study examines the course of spousal support in 173 dyads over half a year to illuminate the function of gender in support transactions...
- Relationships between felt age and perceived disability, satisfaction with recovery, self-efficacy beliefs and coping strategiesSonja Boehmer
Freie Universiltät Berlin, Department Health Psychology, Germany
J Health Psychol 12:895-906. 2007..Individuals with decreased or stable felt age indicated increased meaning-focused coping or avoidance-oriented coping, respectively. Explanations for these associations are discussed...