- [Benchmarking projects examining patient care in Germany: methods of analysis, survey results, and best practice]Gunnar Blumenstock
Institut fur Medizinische Biometrie, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen
Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes 105:335-8. 2011..53 projects were reported and analysed using a benchmarking development scheme and a list of criteria. None of the projects satisfied all the criteria. Rather, examples of best practice for single aspects have been identified...
- [Evaluation of the pilot project for the gradual area-wide outpatient medical care of patients with diabetes mellitus in Southern Wuerttemberg]Gunnar Blumenstock
Institut für Medizinische Informationsverarbeitung der Universität Tübingen
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 99:185-9. 2005..8% of the patients at the beginning and by 64.6% at the end of the evaluation period (p < 0.001). In terms of healthcare processes, an intensification of the medicinal therapy is remarkable...
- [Statutory ambulatory medical care through the eyes of the health insurance beneficiaries--methods and results of the 2006 NASHIP Health Insurance Beneficiary survey: care utilisation, primary care, and emergency medical services]G Blumenstock
Institut für Medizinische Biometrie der Universität Tübingen, Westbahnhofstrasse 55, Tubingen
Gesundheitswesen 71:94-101. 2009..The survey set out to gather information on health care utilisation, patients' experiences and satisfaction with care delivery, and to provide an indication for the further development of the services offered...
- [Assessing the quality of quality indicators]G Blumenstock
Institut fur Medizinische Biometrie, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Westbahnhofstrasse 55, Tubingen, Germany
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 54:154-9. 2011..Measuring quality through indicators is no end in itself. The effect of measurement on motivating quality improvement must be evaluated in future studies...
- [Stereometric parameters of the optic disc. Comparison between a simultaneous non-mydriatic stereoscopic fundus camera (KOWA WX 3D) and the Heidelberg scanning laser ophthalmoscope (HRT IIII)]K Januschowski
Department für Augenheilkunde, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Schleichstr 12, 72076 Tubingen
Ophthalmologe 108:957-62. 2011..It was the goal of this study to compare the methods by assessing the differences in the topographic parameters obtained by the HRT and the Kowa nonmyd WX 3D (2D/3D non-mydriatic retinal camera, Kowa, Japan) in a representative sample...
- Prevalence and incidence of endocrine disorders in children: results of a survey in Baden-Wuerttemberg and Bavaria (EndoPrIn BB) 2000-2001R Schweizer
University Children s Hospital, Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 1, Tubingen, Germany
Klin Padiatr 222:67-72. 2010..Sparse data is available on the incidence of endocrine disorders among children in Germany...
- Laparoscopic surgery on upper urinary tract in children younger than 1 year: technical aspects and functional outcomeJ Fuchs
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
J Urol 182:1561-8. 2009..We analyzed 3 minimally invasive procedures (pyeloplasty, heminephroureterectomy and nephrectomy) in children younger than 1 year...
- Suprastomal tracheal stenosis after dilational and surgical tracheostomy in critically ill patientsA Koitschev
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Tuebingen Medical Center, Elfriede Aulhorn Str 5, D 72076, Germany
Anaesthesia 61:832-7. 2006..This study suggests that dilational tracheostomy is associated with an increased risk of severe suprastomal tracheal stenosis compared to the surgical technique...
- Rational approach to the diagnosis of severe growth hormone deficiency in the newbornG Binder
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, University Children s Hospital, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 1, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2219-26. 2010..Reviews and consensus papers on the diagnosis of GHD repeatedly state the lack of a practical evidence-based approach to the diagnosis of GHD in the newborn...
- Coronary artery bypass grafts: assessment of graft patency and native coronary artery lesions using 16-slice MDCTNorbert I Stauder
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Eberhard Karls University, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:2512-20. 2006..1%, 76.9%, 87.5%, and 84.7%, respectively. Sixteen-slice MDCT provides excellent image quality and diagnostic accuracy in detection of graft and coronary artery lesions in patients with suspected graft dysfunction...
- Surgical technique affects the risk for tracheostoma-related complications in post-ICU patientsAssen Koitschev
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 126:1303-8. 2006..This study provides evidence that the surgical technique used for tracheotomy influences the risk of tracheostomy-related complications. techniques resulting in an epithelialized tracheostoma seem to minimize the risk...
- Development and reliability of a classification system for gross motor function in children with metachromatic leucodystrophyChristiane Kehrer
Department of Paediatric Neurology and Developmental Medicine, University Children s Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Dev Med Child Neurol 53:156-60. 2011..Assessment of the disease course implies the need for a standardized description of motor decline. The aim of this study was to establish a classification system for gross motor function in MLD and to assess its interrater reliability...
- Quality of life after unilateral acoustic neuroma surgery via middle cranial fossa approachIngo Baumann
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 125:585-91. 2005..Individual factors did not have a significant effect on QOL. In the future, QOL should be a basic factor in the outcome evaluation of different therapeutic regimens in the treatment of acoustic neuroma...
- Treatment efficiency, outcome and surgical treatment problems in patients suffering from localized embryonal bladder/prostate rhabdomyosarcoma: a report from the Cooperative Soft Tissue Sarcoma trial CWS-96Guido Seitz
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Children s Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:718-24. 2011..To analyze the clinical course, treatment modalities, complications and outcome of patients suffering from localized embryonal bladder/prostate rhabdomyosarcoma (BPRMS) treated on the CWS-96 trial...
- Reference levels of insulin-like growth factor I in the serum of healthy adults: comparison of four immunoassaysMichael Bernd Ranke
Paediatric Endocrinology Section, University Children s Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1329-34. 2003....
- [Quality and quality development in medical practices--epidemiological results of the accompanying evaluation of the new KBV quality management system]Roland Streuf
Kassenärztliche Bundesvereinigung, Berlin
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 100:113-20. 2006....
- Continuous rise in incidence of childhood Type 1 diabetes in GermanyS Ehehalt
University Children s Hospital, Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Diabet Med 25:755-7. 2008..To assess the incidence and the trend in incidence of Type 1 diabetes (T1DM) in children and adolescents < 15 years of age in Baden-Württemberg (BW), Germany...
- Impact of gender, age, and comorbidities on quality of life in patients with chronic rhinosinusitisIngo Baumann
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Rhinology 45:268-72. 2007..To evaluate the impact of gender, age and comorbidities of health-related quality of life (HR-QOL) assessments in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis...
- Benefit from tonsillectomy in adult patients with chronic tonsillitisIngo Baumann
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:556-9. 2006..Younger adult patients perceived greater surgical benefits than older adult patients. Patient gender did not significantly influence tonsillectomy benefit evaluation...
- Impact of gender on general health-related quality of life in patients with chronic sinusitisIngo Baumann
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Am J Rhinol 19:282-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of gender on health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in patients with chronic sinusitis..
- [Quality of hygiene in endoscope reprocessing--the fundamentals of indicator-assisted quality management in gastroenterology]Berndt R Birkner
Max von Pettenkofer Institut fur Hygiene und Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 97:227-32. 2003..Negative microbiological controls of the contamination of endoscopes are suitable quality indicators of a quality management system aiming to improve the quality of structures, processes and outcomes in gastroenterological health care...
- Older patients fare better with the Ross operationJürgen O Böhm
Sana Herzchirurgische Klinik Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 75:796-801; discussion 802. 2003..The Ross operation has an established position in young patients. We address the question of whether any age group profits most from the Ross operation, and we compare the results in various ages...