M D Denkinger
Affiliation: Bethesda Geriatrische Klinik
- Physical activity and other health-related factors predict health care utilisation in older adults: the ActiFE Ulm studyM D Denkinger
Agaplesion Bethesda Clinic, Geriatric Center Ulm University, Zollernring 26, 89073 Ulm, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 45:290-7. 2012..It can also be used as a surrogate parameter for healthy ageing. The aim of this study was to analyse the associations of formerly described and potentially new parameters influencing health care utilisation in older adults in Germany...
- Physical activity for the prevention of cognitive decline: current evidence from observational and controlled studiesM D Denkinger
Agaplesion Bethesda Clinic, Geriatric Chair of Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 45:11-6. 2012..However, questions remain such as what type and how much PA is beneficial? This review gives an overview of the current evidence on the clinical and epidemiological level and tries to answer these questions...
- [Reliability of the abbreviated version of the Late Life Function and Disability Instrument--a meaningful and feasible tool to assess physical function and disability in the elderly]M D Denkinger
Bethesda Geriatrische Klinik, Zollernring 26, 89073, Ulm, Deutschland
Z Gerontol Geriatr 42:28-38. 2009....
- Relationship between fear of falling and outcomes of an inpatient geriatric rehabilitation population--fear of the fear of fallingMichael D Denkinger
Bethesda Geriatric Clinic and Geriatric Competence Center, Zollernring 26, Ulm, Germany
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:664-73. 2010..To examine the effects of various risk factors on three functional outcomes during rehabilitation...
- Does functional change predict the course of improvement in geriatric inpatient rehabilitation?Michael D Denkinger
Bethesda Geriatric Clinic, Geriatric Chair of Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Clin Rehabil 24:463-70. 2010..We wanted to know whether functional change in the first week predicts subsequent improvement in a geriatric inpatient rehabilitation clinic...
- Assessing Physical Activity in Inpatient Rehabilitation: validity, practicality, and sensitivity to change in the physical activity in inpatient rehabilitation assessmentMichael D Denkinger
Agaplesion Bethesda Clinic, Geriatric Chair of Ulm University, Germany
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 92:2012-7. 2011..To validate a novel assessment of inpatient physical activity...
- Prospective evaluation of renal function, serum vitamin D level, and risk of fall and fracture in community-dwelling elderly subjectsD Rothenbacher
Institute of Epidemiology and Medical Biometry, Ulm University, Helmholtzstr 22, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Osteoporos Int 25:923-32. 2014..However, 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels were clearly inversely associated with risk for first fall, which was especially seen in subjects with calcium levels above median...
- [Maintenance of health and relief for caregivers of elderly with dementia by using "initial case management": experiences from the Lighthouse Project on Dementia, Ulm, ULTDEM-study]A Lukas
AGAPLESION Bethesda Klinik Ulm, Akademisches Krankenhaus der Universität Ulm, Zollernring 26 28, 89073 Ulm
Z Gerontol Geriatr 45:298-309. 2012....