M D Denkinger
Affiliation: Bethesda Geriatrische Klinik
- Factors associated with fear of falling and associated activity restriction in community-dwelling older adults: a systematic reviewMichael D Denkinger
Agaplesion Bethesda Clinic, Geriatric Chair of Ulm University, Ulm, Germany Electronic address
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:72-86. 2015..A possible reason for this discrepancy could be its multicausality. Some risk factors may not have been identified and addressed in recent studies. The last systematic review included studies until 2006...
- Self-perceived weather sensitivity and joint pain in older people with osteoarthritis in six European countries: results from the European Project on OSteoArthritis (EPOSA)Erik J Timmermans
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:66. 2014....
- Fall incidence in Germany: results of two population-based studies, and comparison of retrospective and prospective falls data collection methodsKilian Rapp
Department of Clinical Gerontology, Robert Bosch Hospital, Stuttgart, Germany
BMC Geriatr 14:105. 2014..The aim was to derive estimates of fall incidence from two population-based studies among older community-living people in Germany and compare retrospective and prospective falls data collection methods...
- Physical activity and other health-related factors predict health care utilisation in older adults: the ActiFE Ulm studyM D Denkinger
Agaplesion Bethesda Clinic, Geriatric Center Ulm University, Zollernring 26, 89073 Ulm, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 45:290-7. 2012..It can also be used as a surrogate parameter for healthy ageing. The aim of this study was to analyse the associations of formerly described and potentially new parameters influencing health care utilisation in older adults in Germany...
- Physical activity for the prevention of cognitive decline: current evidence from observational and controlled studiesM D Denkinger
Agaplesion Bethesda Clinic, Geriatric Chair of Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 45:11-6. 2012..However, questions remain such as what type and how much PA is beneficial? This review gives an overview of the current evidence on the clinical and epidemiological level and tries to answer these questions...
- [Reliability of the abbreviated version of the Late Life Function and Disability Instrument--a meaningful and feasible tool to assess physical function and disability in the elderly]M D Denkinger
Bethesda Geriatrische Klinik, Zollernring 26, 89073, Ulm, Deutschland
Z Gerontol Geriatr 42:28-38. 2009....
- Assessing Physical Activity in Inpatient Rehabilitation: validity, practicality, and sensitivity to change in the physical activity in inpatient rehabilitation assessmentMichael D Denkinger
Agaplesion Bethesda Clinic, Geriatric Chair of Ulm University, Germany
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 92:2012-7. 2011..To validate a novel assessment of inpatient physical activity...
- Does functional change predict the course of improvement in geriatric inpatient rehabilitation?Michael D Denkinger
Bethesda Geriatric Clinic, Geriatric Chair of Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Clin Rehabil 24:463-70. 2010..We wanted to know whether functional change in the first week predicts subsequent improvement in a geriatric inpatient rehabilitation clinic...
- Relationship between fear of falling and outcomes of an inpatient geriatric rehabilitation population--fear of the fear of fallingMichael D Denkinger
Bethesda Geriatric Clinic and Geriatric Competence Center, Zollernring 26, Ulm, Germany
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:664-73. 2010..To examine the effects of various risk factors on three functional outcomes during rehabilitation...
- Prospective evaluation of renal function, serum vitamin D level, and risk of fall and fracture in community-dwelling elderly subjectsD Rothenbacher
Institute of Epidemiology and Medical Biometry, Ulm University, Helmholtzstr 22, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Osteoporos Int 25:923-32. 2014..However, 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels were clearly inversely associated with risk for first fall, which was especially seen in subjects with calcium levels above median...
- [Maintenance of health and relief for caregivers of elderly with dementia by using "initial case management": experiences from the Lighthouse Project on Dementia, Ulm, ULTDEM-study]A Lukas
AGAPLESION Bethesda Klinik Ulm, Akademisches Krankenhaus der Universität Ulm, Zollernring 26 28, 89073 Ulm
Z Gerontol Geriatr 45:298-309. 2012....