Genomes and Genes
- Expression of nodal, lefty-a, and lefty-B in undifferentiated human embryonic stem cells requires activation of Smad2/3Daniel Besser
Laboratory of Molecular Vertebrate Embryology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 279:45076-84. 2004..Moreover, there appears to be cross-talk between inhibition of GSK3, a hallmark of Wnt signaling and the Activin/Nodal pathway...
- Insulin regulates the activity of forkhead transcription factor Hnf-3beta/Foxa-2 by Akt-mediated phosphorylation and nuclear/cytosolic localizationChristian Wolfrum
Laboratories of Metabolic Diseases and Molecular Vertebrate Embryology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11624-9. 2003..These results implicate an evolutionarily conserved mechanism in the regulation of Foxa-2-dependent transcriptional control by extracellular signals such as insulin...
- TGFbeta/activin/nodal signaling is necessary for the maintenance of pluripotency in human embryonic stem cellsDaylon James
Laboratory of Molecular Vertebrate Embryology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Development 132:1273-82. 2005..These data reveal a crucial role for TGFbeta signaling in the earliest stages of cell fate determination and demonstrate an interconnection between TGFbeta and WNT signaling in these contexts...
- Independent and cooperative activation of chromosomal c-fos promoter by STAT3Edward Yang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 278:15794-9. 2003..Thus the several proteins that interact with the c-fos enhancer apparently can act either in a cooperative or independent manner to achieve very different levels of transcription...
- FGF2 signaling in mouse embryonic fibroblasts is crucial for self-renewal of embryonic stem cellsSebastian Diecke
Max Delbruck Center, Berlin, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 188:52-61. 2008..This study identifies potentially important factors involved in the maintenance of pluripotency in hESCs and may allow the development of defined culture conditions without contaminating material from animal cells...
- Homogeneity and persistence of transgene expression by omitting antibiotic selection in cell line isolationWeimin L Kaufman
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 36:e111. 2008..However, by combining this approach with site-specific recombination, it can be applied to isolate stable cell lines with the desired expression characteristics for any gene of interest...