Andre Michael Beer
- Effect of Thymol on the spontaneous contractile activity of the smooth musclesA M Beer
Department of True Naturopathy, Blankenstein Hospital, Im Vogelsang 5 11, 45527 Hattingen, Germany
Phytomedicine 14:65-9. 2007..By influencing the beta-adrenergic receptors in the adipose cells, it is possible to induce increased synthesis of fatty acids and glycerol, which is a prerequisite for increased heat release...
- Lycopus europaeus (Gypsywort): effects on the thyroidal parameters and symptoms associated with thyroid functionA M Beer
Department of True Naturopathy, Ruhr University Bochum, Im Vogelsang 5 11, 45527 Hattingen, Germany
Phytomedicine 15:16-22. 2008..g. the increased heart rate in the morning. The Lycopus europaeus preparation showed a good tolerance. These findings confirm positive effects of Lycopus europaeus in slight forms of hyperthyroidism...
- The history of inpatient care in german departments focussing on natural healingAndre Michael Beer
Department of Naturopathy, Blankenstein Hospital, Im Vogelsang 5 11, 45527 Hattingen, Germany
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:521879. 2013..In many of the establishments there were approaches for measuring usefulness of the treatments, some of which have been initiated explicitly for that purpose...
- Phytotherapy of chronic abdominal pain following pancreatic carcinoma surgery: a single case observationKarl Rüdiger Wiebelitz
Department of True Naturopathy, Blankenstein Hospital, Hattingen, Germany
Int J Gen Med 5:845-8. 2012..No serious undesired effects have been described in the use of this drug for other indications and none were observed in this case...
- Willow bark extract (Salicis cortex) for gonarthrosis and coxarthrosis--results of a cohort study with a control groupA M Beer
Section for Naturopathy and Prevention Department of General Medicine Hattingen Blankenstein, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Phytomedicine 15:907-13. 2008..The examination of the effectiveness and tolerance of willow bark extract in patients with gonarthrosis and coxarthrosis compared to conventional therapies...
- [Effectiveness and safety of a homeopathic drug combination in the treatment of chronic low back pain. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial]A M Beer
Klinik Blankenstein, Hattingen
MMW Fortschr Med 154:48-57. 2012..The homeopathic drug combination Lymphdiaral Basistropfen is established in the treatment of edema and swellings. This is the first time the effectiveness and safety was investigated in the treatment of chronic low back pain...
- The Herdecke Questionnaire on Quality of Life (HLQ): validation of factorial structure and development of a short form within a naturopathy treated in-patient collectiveThomas Ostermann
Faculty of Medicine, University of Witten Herdecke, Germany
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:40. 2005..The validation has been carried out in relation to other questionnaires including the SF-36 Health Survey, the Mood-Scale Bf-S, the Giessen Physical Complaints Questionnaire GBB-24 and McGill's Pain Perception Scale SES...
- [A new form of postgraduate medical training: evaluating the status of operationalised postgraduate training]Andre Michael Beer
Bereich Naturheilkunde, Abt Allgemeinmedizin, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Hattingen
Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes 103:59-64. 2009..The evaluation showed that this can be made possible through ensuring the participants' satisfaction and achieving the goals of postgraduate training...
- [Vitamin E for gonarthrosis and coxarthrosis--results of a postmarketing surveillance study]A M Beer
Abteilung für Naturheilkunde und Gesundheitsprävention Abteilung Allgemeinmedizin, Ruhr Universitat Bochum
MMW Fortschr Med 153:14-20. 2011..Therefore, efficacy and tolerability of vitamin E are investigated in routine use of medical practitioners...