- First agreement analysis and day-to-day comparison of pharyngeal pH monitoring with pH/impedance monitoring in patients with suspected laryngopharyngeal refluxValentin Becker
Medical Department, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, II, Munich, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 16:1096-101. 2012..We evaluated results of Dx-pH with objective criteria of pH/impedance monitoring (MII) and subjective reflux scoring systems and assessed day-to-day variability...
- [Partial Budd-Chiari syndrome associated with a hypereosinophilic syndrome]V Becker
Klinikum rechts der Isar, 2 Medizinische Klinik, Munchen
Z Gastroenterol 44:173-7. 2006..We postulate an association because endothelium damage and thrombosis is reported in hypereosinophilic syndromes. Elevated liver enzymes in a patient with hypereosinophilic syndrome could be associated with a Budd-Chiari syndrome...
- Infected necrosis in severe pancreatitis--combined nonsurgical multi-drainage with directed transabdominal high-volume lavage in critically ill patientsV Becker
Second Medical Department, Klinikum rechts der Isar, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Pancreatology 9:280-6. 2009..We present a strategy combining percutaneous and transgastric drainage with continuous high-volume lavage for treatment of extended necroses and liquid collections in a series of patients with severe acute pancreatitis...
- Probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy compared with standard four-quadrant biopsy for evaluation of neoplasia in Barrett's esophagusM Bajbouj
II Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Endoscopy 42:435-40. 2010..We assessed the ability of probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy (pCLE) to replace biopsy in the endoscopic evaluation of patients with Barrett's esophagus in a prospective and controlled setting...
- Multimodal endoscopic therapy for multifocal intraepithelial neoplasia and superficial esophageal squamous cell carcinoma - a case seriesV Becker
2nd Medicinal Department, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 43:360-4. 2011..No major adverse events occurred. In conclusion, in selected patients with multifocal or residual SESCC, local resection techniques in combination with radiofrequency ablation may be safe and potentially curative alternative treatments...
- Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: cardiopulmonary safety of transesophageal mediastinoscopyS von Delius
Medizinische Klinik II, Technische Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 42:405-12. 2010..The aim of the current study was to assess cardiopulmonary changes during transesophageal mediastinoscopy in an acute porcine model...
- Clinical trial: persistent gastro-oesophageal reflux symptoms despite standard therapy with proton pump inhibitors - a follow-up study of intraluminal-impedance guided therapyV Becker
II Medical Department Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:1355-60. 2007..Combined pH/impedance monitoring (pH/MII) enables detection of reflux episodes. Aim To identify patients with objective episodes of persistent reflux and second, to evaluate the effect of modified therapy based on the results of pH/MII...
- Confocal laser scanning fluorescence microscopy for in vivo determination of microvessel density in Barrett's esophagusV Becker
Department of Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 40:888-91. 2008..We aimed therefore to use this new promising imaging tool for the evaluation of MVD in Barrett's esophagus and associated neoplasia...
- True adenomas of the cardia: a case series of 3 patientsM Bajbouj
2nd Medical Department, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Digestion 77:65-7. 2008..True adenomas of the cardia appear to be extremely rare lesions. There are no data on the natural history and histopathological background of these lesions. We report 3 patients with true adenomas of the cardia...
- Classification of probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy findings in pancreaticobiliary stricturesA Meining
Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 44:251-7. 2012..the objective of this study was to develop and validate a standard descriptive classification of pcle in the pancreaticobiliary system...